SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Content of Memos Degunked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Content of Memos Degunked Reply with quote

Rather says the spirit of the memos is what matters. Okay lets forget the document fraud for a minute and examine the problems with the content

04 May 72 -- Order for physical

(1) Order for physical would come from medical office not commander
(2) Bush had until last day of birthday month, July 31st, to take a physical
why order it in May?
(3) Why order Bush to have a physical when he has requested to transfer to Alabama?

19 May 72 -- Discussion to transfer

(1) Talking about transfer--- so what --- transfers were not unusual.
(2) Repeating physical request --- this is suppose to show he failed to get physical -- but the first memo says to contact commander for physical and then schedule appointment. None of this shows he did not contact the adminstrative officer to schedule appointment. My experience is that appointments with military medical facilities are not like the walk-in docs in a box --- you need to schedule appointments many days in advance. Nothing here shows this did not happen.

(3) Killian allegedly advised Bush of TANG "investment in him and [Bush's] commitment." Killian does not say I told him to get flight physical regardless of transfer to Alabama. Killian does not say he suspected Bush needed physical for some ulterior motive (rumor regarding drinking or drugs (didn't all flyboys drink hard -- ever see Top Gun)). Wouldn' t Killian put this in a CYA memo?

I interpret this exchange as Killian wanting Pres.Bush to come back to TANG. If handling Pres. Bush was such a strain because of political favortism wouldn't Killian be happy to get Bush to transfer to another organization --- no Bush -- no problem. Why remind him of commitment unless Killian wanted to keep Bush with TANG. This sounds as if Killian liked President Bush. If President Bush was a problem because of drinking or drugs -- wouldn't Killian be happy to get rid of his "problem".

01 Aug 72 Suspension of Flight Status

Item 2 in prior memo mentions that Pres. Bush said he would get flight physical if he stays in flight status in Alabama. If Killian was hot to CYA that he ordered Bush to get physical wouldn't that be worth putting in the May 19th memo.

Here is the kicker under item 4
"On recommendation of Harris, I also suggested that we fill this critical billet with a more seasoned pilot from the list of qualified Vietnam pilots that have rotated.''

This memo proves Rolling Eyes that there were many more experienced pilots looking or flight time. Seems to me this means that by transfering to a non-flying position and taking the flight suspension Pres. Bush actually did a favor for another pilot.

18 Aug 73

(1) Staudt can't be pressuring Hodges -- Staudt has been gone for 18 months.
(2) Military does not rate officers not observed. Pres. Bush is in Alabama on an approved transfer. So what? The real farce would be if Killian evaluated an officer he did not observe. If there was real pressure to "sugar coat" President Bush, wouldn't someone put in a favorable OER?

What is left of the content that is at issue? Where is the smoking gun? Seems to me the ABB crowd is trying to read something negative into these forgeries that could just as easily be viewed in a positive light.

Last edited by jataylor11 on Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>What is left of the content that is at issue.<<

That was very good analysis. For a non-hysterical audience, that is. I'm not sure I see anything left to be at issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: