SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You have to see this - Kerry digging a grave for MIAs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: You have to see this - Kerry digging a grave for MIAs Reply with quote

Pulitzer-prize winning author Sydney H. Schanberg (who states that he is anti-Bush) presents compelling evidence, including witness testimony to the Senate documenting paper shredding and witness/evidence supression,that Kerry handled the POW/MIA senate inquiry in such a way so as to end the controversy quickly and normalize relations with Vietnam. His series of three Village Voice articles on the subject is at

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0408/schanberg.php
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0408/schanberg2.php
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0431/schanberg.php

It is the first article that has this amazing illustration of Kerry the gravedigger. Check it out! And in the Village Voice no less!

Less than a year after that slate was cleaned, as trade was being established, Colliers, a global real estate management and consulting firm, was granted a multi-billion dollar long term exclusive contract to rebuild Vietnam's infrastructure. Colliers is owned by the Kerry family. At the time of the contract being granted, Colliers was headed up by Kerry's first cousin, Stuart Forbes, who was also in charge of Kerry's "blind" trust. At the time this created ethics questions (hey, it's not exactly rocket science!). A few weeks after the Senate panel’s hearings had concluded, according to Center for Public Integrity, Kerry’s participation in the committee became “controversial” when Hanoi announced the awarding of the contract to the Kerry family firm, Colliers International.

Here's the 'background' page documenting that Kerry worked for Colliers:

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Background_Information.pdf

Here's further discussion and analysis.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/17/164944.shtml

For the many SBVT threads on the corrupt money trail from Vietnam to Kerry, which puts money in his pocket every day, use the search function at the top of the forum page, enter the three words, colliers vung tau and select "All words" and Submit.

In his last article detailing Cheney's close working relationship with Kerry on the POW/MIA committee, Schanberg wonders about Kerry's motives in effectively burying our MIAs and POWs in the hell of Communist Vietnam's slave labor camps. Schanberg actually wonders if Kerry was doing this out of some altruistic desire to help America move on. Oh brother, how naive! He must not have known about Colliers and the Cash and Kerry money trail; HE DOES NOW.

Admin note: Thanks for this excellent post...and I've taken the liberty of emphasizing your words highlighting our "search" feature.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hot stuff! The American public needs to hear this.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really hot.
It almost deserves to be a top level forum like the Wintersolder and VVAW topic.

This isn't just damning. It is criminal.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, The Village Voice, not widely known for it's conservative viewpoint. When they turn against Kerry, his a$$ is grass. Laughing

http://www.thewebplace.com/
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope it will be an October Surprise SwiftVets ad. It is in my opinion shocking, the most vile kind of slick corruption, and people do not know. It will silence those who say the Swift arguments aren't relevant because they happened 30 years ago. It will show a pattern of behavior - turning his back on his "band of brothers" when it suits his personal ambition. Back in the 70s to establish his political career... and again with the POWs/MIAs today to line his pockets with money from their blood.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have linked the first voice article on my blog.
I'm speechless, and before I post more on the article, I need to gather my thoughts...

I will say this

Dear Mr Kerry.
One of my best friends is currently stationed in Tikrit. I'm 35 years old and I've known him since the second grade. There are 47 days left until the election, I will spend those 47 days working my fingers to the bone to make sure you are NEVER his CIC.

Sincerely
bsjracing.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clipped from the NewsMax article - trying to stay with the documentation and facts, and avoid the hyperbole.

"As for Hanoi’s awarding a contract to a firm headed by a Kerry relative, Senate Ethics Committee staff director and chief counsel Victor M. Baird acknowledged the Senate rules stipulated no senator shall aid in passing legislation whose “principal purpose” is to benefit “only” himself or a member of his family. Nothing in the publicity on the contract “suggests that Senator Kerry had anything to do with the decision of the Vietnamese government to trade with Colliers International,” Baird stated in a letter to Ted Sampley, who now heads a group called Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry.

In the letter washing his hands of the whole question of Kerry’s cousin benefiting from “normalization” with Hanoi, the Senate Ethics staff director wrote, “Absent some evidence of improper conduct or a violation of a rule or law,” the committee would not review the matter because “the final decision on a Senator’s public decisions is generally reserved for the voters.” "

Nothing in the "publicity on the contract"? Oh, now there's the gospel for you. As if in a publicity statement a company would say - Yoohoo! one of our family members, Sen. John Kerry, just landed us the neatest little pot of gold... "A family member" is one thing. Head of Kerry's blind Trust is another. I think the voters are exactly the ones who need to make a decision on whether this was just one of life's silly little coincidences, or a corrupt deal that Kerry orchestrated to line his pockets on the backs of the unaccounted for US soldiers. Letters to the editor, to media, to any Kerry supporter whose mind is still open, to the MSM hacks like Juan Williams... get everyone talking about this.
readrgr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Vietcong/Chicom, what is the difference Reply with quote

Could there be a pattern here? Some similiarities to Judicial Watch release in August concerning FBI documents related to Kerry campaign accepting laundered funds from the chinese.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/3800.shtml
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Judicial Watch release in August concerning FBI documents related to Kerry campaign accepting laundered funds from the chinese. "

Kerry accepted a $10,000 campaign contribution from Johnny Chung, who was spreading money from Asian interests all over Washington as a bag man for Chinese government and business interests. Kerry also set up a meeting between the Securities and Exchange Commission and high-level representatives of the Chinese government. At the same time pretty much everyone in the Clinton Administration and Congress was feeding at the Asian money trough. They were also arranging meetings, creating access, and opening doors in a way consistent with building trade relationships. Another item of interest - Colliers (the company is now Spaulding and Slye Colliers) was one of many companies that ponied up the money to bring the Democratic convention to Boston - they gave $100,000. Another interesting item - Kerry named his legislative assistant, Ms. Frances Zwenig, as the chief of staff of the Committee for POW/MIA Affairs. Concurrent with her responsibilities to get the facts from Vietnam on the MIAs and POWs, she acted as liaison between Vietnamese interests and US corporations interested in doing business in Vietnam through their umbrella organization, the U.S./Vietnam Trade Council. She later left the committee to run that Trade Council. But I think that pursuing these wisps and hints of corruption is a waste of energy. The solid trail is clear: Kerry makes himself the VC's favorite son with his antiwar activities in the 70s. He buries the MIAs/POWs in the 90s in a rush to clean up the record for the Vietnamese Government so normal trade can be established between the US and Vietnam. One of the first companies to benefit from that trade is his family business, Colliers, with that plum contract. Simple, direct, factual, on message. No need to rail against Kerry. Just set the facts out there and let things take off.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second part of the topic post is here
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0408/schanberg3.php
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Is this old news or just a story that didn't get any play time with the MSM? Shocked
Once again, and I'm not a cheerleader for the “Ditto heads” or the “Hanitizers”, this little story could be a nice piece for mid day talk hosts to build on and see if it can grow any legs under it. The other option could be for the SBVT to strike out on this, but it maybe out of their realm as far it being a NonVet issue(my opinion). The one down side I see is if there is any back side deals that come to light as far as Haliburton goes, Kerry will deflect right to that and the story may be muted.

Hmmm?

A little "Brain Storming" on this would be a good thing!
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like my sig line says: Start contacting your Reps and let them know what your displeasure is.

Start contacting every news source with the Village Voice links in an e-mail.

I actually enjoying reading the village voice online sometimes as they have been hard on the left as well as Bush in their articles. It was shocking to think such a leftist media outlet could be fair in it's coverage.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot, this is an old story that never got much media attention.

It WILL, though - believe me, it will. As more people read UFC and go looking for substantiation and information about the Senator's actions on the Senate Select Committee, this stuff is going to get major exposure in blogs, first.

MSM will be dragged, kicking and screaming as usual, but they'll get there, eventually.

They've never wanted to cover anything about the POW/MIA's - and they think anyone who's even interested in the subject must be some kind of "Rambo," half nuts. It's saner and kinder to just sweep it all under the rug and stop bringing it up for the families.

But, if you always remember that the media is not anti-WAR, it's anti-MILITARY, then you'll know the real reason that this never got enough attention.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: ...grave for MIAs Reply with quote

I've never understood why the various branches of government retain all manner of trivial records, occasionally for centuries, but Kerry was permitted to shred priceless records of our most precious assets: our soldiers. It's simply unacceptable, unthinkable and Kerry should have been shredded first.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an important story and, IMO, one that we all would do well familiarizing ourselves with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: