SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POW bracelet

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navyfam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: POW bracelet Reply with quote

I also wish to express my thanks to the Swift Vets and other veterans. I still have the POW bracelet I wore in highschool. He is one who never made it home, not even his remains, although his name is on the Wall as being killed in 1969. I had not prayed for him in a while, but you have all reminded me that I need to start again.

John Kerry used the bodies of our soldiers as stepping stones for his political career. He was the abuser in that he killed reputations and stabbed returning vets in the heart with his lying, callous statements.

Thank you for this site. You help to assuage the anger and if only one vet is comforted, job well done.
Martha
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a new member and I hope this message gets in the right forum, which is the POW bracelet one. I have never posted before and hope I am doing this correctly.
I too wore a POW bracelet in high school and collage. My POW was Earl Shark. I don't know what happened to him. About two years ago I wrote the Navy and asked that my letter be passed onto his family. I have heard nothing since.
I was not in Vietnam. I was a female collage student but I can tell you that members of our group got beaten on campus for collecting gifts for our drive for the soldiers for Christmas. I was shoved off a platform while trying to make a speech supporting our troops and threatened on numerous occasions.
Kerry is a traitor, pure and simple. I cannot believe that the American people will be so misinformed to elect this disloyal american (he does not deserve the capital A). Keep up the good work.
If anyone who knows Earl reads this, please let me know what happened to him.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to check out this site, regarding the bracelets:
http://www.powmiaff.org/bracelets.html
(you can still purchase them)

You can check the status of the individual using the biography index.

For a POW who was returned alive, you may also be able to forward a letter to "your" POW through their network.

For instance, SGT Earl E. Shark's biography is listed, here:

http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/s/s022.htm

And begins with a synopsis:
SHARK, EARL ERIC

Name: Earl Eric Shark
Rank/Branch: E5/US Army
Unit: Company C, 1st Battalion, 28th Infantry, 1st Infantry Division
Date of Birth: 23 May 1946 (College Park MI)
Home City of Record: Pomona CA
Date of Loss: 12 September 1968
Country of Loss: South Vietnam
Loss Coordinates: 115314N 1063737E (XU772145)
Status (in 1973): Missing in Action
Category: 1
Aircraft/Vehicle/Ground: Ground
Refno: 1277

Hope that helps,
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: