SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Supporter Arrested Air Rage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Kerry Supporter Arrested Air Rage Reply with quote

One concern is whether this Kerry supporter is intimidating veterans and campaigning for Kerry while on duty at the Northport LI VA hospital where he works. I expect he "may" learn a lesson from this incident although he remains belligerent.

JK

HUNTINGTON

LI man arrested in air rage case
By Alfonso A. Castillo
Staff Writer

September 16, 2004

A spirited debate on presidential politics aboard an Alaska-bound airplane has turned into an international incident, and left a Huntington Station retiree locked up in a Canadian jail on criminal charges, authorities said yesterday.

Michael Husar, 58, was arrested Friday after allegedly having an alcohol-induced bout of air rage aboard a Northwest Airlines flight to Anchorage, which was diverted to Winnipeg, Manitoba, because of the incident.

Husar, a retired registered nurse at the Northport VA Medical Center, faces local Manitoba provincial charges of causing a disturbance and criminal mischief that caused damages over $5,000 Canadian, the latter of which is punishable by two years in prison. He also faces a less serious federal charge of violating federal aeronautics regulations.

"He's mad as hell," said Husar's Canadian attorney, John Corona, adding that Husar plans to sue the airline.

Husar boarded Flight 849 in Minneapolis on his way from New York to visit some friends in Alaska, his wife, Linda, said yesterday. Officials said Husar, a supporter of Sen. John Kerry, was engaged in a discussion on the upcoming presidential election with a woman seated next to him - a President George W. Bush supporter - when she became turned off by his belligerent attitude and complained to the flight staff.

The woman also did not like that Husar would touch her leg and shoulder when he spoke to her, authorities said. Corona said Husar had "had a few drinks."

Russell Ridd, supervising senior crown attorney for the Manitoba Justice Department, said that when flight attendants approached Husar, he became enraged, deliberately spilling a container of alcohol and engaging in "the boisterous behavior of a drunk."

Ridd said the pilot deemed the situation "a minor emergency" and called for an abrupt landing. An armed marshal sat next to Husar until the plane reached a Winnipeg airport, where Husar was kicked off and promptly arrested.

"It strikes me as a bit of an overreaction," said Corona, adding that Husar quickly calmed down on the plane after being reprimanded. "There was no threat or no violence. Certainly nobody was at risk safety-wise."

But Northwest spokesman Thomas Becher said the emergency landing was necessary. "Safety and security is our top priority," he said.

Husar posted $4,300 Canadian bail yesterday on the charges and was free to return home, on several conditions, including that he not fly or possess any alcohol. Corona said the airline is also seeking $10,000 in fuel costs from Husar.

At Husar's home yesterday, his wife said she was very concerned and upset over the incident, adding that she had only heard once from her husband, shortly after he was arrested. Linda Husar said it sounded as if he may "have had a little too much to drink," but she believed authorities overreacted. She said her husband, who worked at the VA hospital for 25 years, is a "very patriotic" Air Force veteran, who's recently been "disappointed" with President Bush. She also said Husar tends to be "animated" in conversations.

"I'm disappointed that his vacation got messed up," she said.

Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.

Admin note: Please include a link to a legitimate source when reproducing non-original content in this forum. Thanks
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"It strikes me as a bit of an overreaction," said Corona, adding that Husar quickly calmed down on the plane after being reprimanded.

cough cough I wonder why

Quote:
An armed marshal sat next to Husar

Rolling Eyes
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really need to ban alcohol on all flights and everywhere at the airport. When i fly i usually have a few scotches and then take a nap for the duration of the flight. But i can easily do without drinking for 3 or 5 hours as long as i know the flight wont be interrupted by some rude drunk making trouble during the trip.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know these Kerry supporters are such fine examples aren't they!
Here is another one....

GIRL CRIES AFTER BUSH/CHENEY SIGN RIPPED BY THUGS...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, what is happening? You can see these idiots screaming and laughingat the child as she is crying. I wish to God I had been there, this just makes me so IRATE!!!!!!!
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what makes me more angry, the political bullies or her dipsh*t father for putting her in harms way. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that all Kerry supporters are not like these anecdotal examples. (That was for the admin) But, <getting up to shut the door and speaking in lowered tones> The more rabid Kerry supporters are a little scary. I encountered one this week in a class I am taking, and I had to really get **fierce** with her to get her to shut her yap. I mean, er, to be quiet. We weren't even discussing politcs and she just goes off like Mount PsychoBroad.

The vitrolic hyperbole this woman came out with was like--she opened her mouth and out came Twisted Evil I swear I think I smelled sulfur.

I used humor to defuse the situation because I felt bad for the other students who were just so ill at ease. But I really wouldn't have minded smacking her, except she might have smacked me back, and I had on my late mother-in-law's good pearls. (She looked like the scratcher-biter-puller type.)

I'm not sure, but I think what made her so mad at me was my asking her what she and her Kerry co-horts seemed to be so angry about; the fact that they are so wrong? Wrong, wrong, wrong? Oh puh-leze, I told her, "Put your big girl panties on, and deal with it."

I think that might have been it, but I'm not really sure.

Last edited by Kimmymac on Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
I am sure that all Kerry supporters are not like these anecdotal examples. (That was for the admin) But, <getting up to shut the door and speaking in lowered tones> The more rapid Kerry supporters are a little scary. -puller type.)

I'm not sure, but I think what made her so mad at me was my asking her what she and her Kerry co-horts seemed to be so angry about; the fact that they are so wrong? Wrong, wrong, wrong? Oh puh-leze, I told her, "Put your big girl panties on, and deal with it."

I think that might have been it, but I'm not really sure.

oh, you are so funny! i juxt love it!

maybe I can meet me one of those....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of person would even think of doing that to a three year
old child? I know that all Kerry supporters are not this obnoxious,
but I doubt that you would find too many GWB supporters who are
like the person in the picture.
Se7eN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Air Rage' the movie was on last night, hehe.

It was so bogus and made a mockery of Marines. They couldn't even get their aircraft right. Calling F-16's as F-15's. Moronic Hollywood.

I laughed histerically at all the rediculous occurances in that movie.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Husar incident Reply with quote

"Husar posted $4,300 Canadian bail yesterday on the charges and was free to return home, on several conditions, including that he not fly or possess any alcohol. Corona said the airline is also seeking $10,000 in fuel costs from Husar."

So now Husar has to take a bus or train from Winnipeg to Long Island--probably at LEAST three days--well, it will give him time to cool his heels, and Canadians are more friendly to Kerry than most Americans.

Actually, this is good news for anti-Kerry folks! If Husar hadn't spent over $10,000 angrily trying to convince one Bush voter to change her mind, he could have donated that money to the Kerry campaign or "moveon.org".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: