SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chris Matthews - Bill Burkett interview.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Chris Matthews - Bill Burkett interview. Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the interview on the Chris Matthews show tonight. I was listening to Bill Burkett saying how he lifted some of the papers from President Bush's files which had been thrown in a trash can. What I did not understand and what I think I missed was how tall was the desk. Because he said that the trash can was as tall as the desk. If thats the case it must have been a pretty big trash can and if thats the case how come he just had to lean over and pick up the papers from the top of this trash can . Would the papers not have been way down in this trash can and why would these paper have not been shredded rather than just thrown in this trash can for anyone to find. Off course Chris Matthews did not ask him any of these questions. Now did I miss something. Was this tiny desk. I think I smell a rat!!!!!!!
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on it was that the interview done back in February 04, I believe. Burkett said the trash can was beside a table with documents all over it, and that the trash can was as high as the table. He looked down and on top was a folder with "Bush, George W., 1Lt" written on it. He looked into that folder and saw the first 6-8 pages which appeared to be attendance records and payroll info.

If the trash can was full of Bush documents, Lt. Bush must have had a whale of a file for them to have so many documents to discard. I agree, who would trash the docs and not shred them?
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou thats what I thought and more to the point if we had that thought why didn't Chris Matthews have it. Like you say if that trash can was full of W. Bush records he must have been some active person.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Matthews flunked in the question and answer. I would really want to know the name of the office to whom the General conveyed the message to "gather" the documens. This guy would know. Burkitt conveniently leaves out people who can blow his story 7 years later.

And, I really don't think Joe Albaugh would lie. Burkitt has a grudge and it shows.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here: http://www.calpundit.com/archives/003249.html#more

It's an interview w/Burkett from back in Feb. Goes into great detail.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Burkett admits on national television to stealing federal documents. This just gets dumber, and dumberer..
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, check out the last 2 paragraphs from the article listed below. Note his most telling sentence "Many of us have risked everything on this election." Wonder what he means by that--hmmmmm???

Suspected CBS Source Is Well-Regarded Texan
Democrat Lives Among GOP Voters
By Sylvia Moreno
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 17, 2004; Page A05

[quote]Burkett has frequently posted notes to an Internet message group for Texas Democrats, urging other members to work harder to defeat Bush in the election, but also lambasting Democratic nominee John F. Kerry for "one of the worst run campaigns I've seen in my lifetime."
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question that I keep asking myself about this story, too, is if there are some items missing from W's files, or if some items are misfiled somewhere, why aren't people asking if this guy accidentally on purpose disappeared some things that do demonstrate that W was where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be there?--I mean, if he admits that he had access and that he isn't above taking some things he thought were damaging to W and keeping them to use against W when he felt that they could do the most damage, why should anyone think that he wouldn't take and destroy (or just hide) things that, in his opinion, might answer some of the questions that have been dogging W for years?--

Or is there a flaw in that thinking?--C
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some great info on Captain's Quarters Blog site -- http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/

One of the posts quotes Burkett as saying he "reassembled" some files. I suppose if he knew where the gaps were because he did as CandiM theorized and took some of the files, then he might have tried to "reassemble" damning files from that time frame. Could be. . . He might have pulled a Sandy Berg and made off with some files in his drawers. (lol)

Quote:
Burkett: I 'Reassembled' Bush Guard Files
Bill Burkett, the man suspected to be the source of the forged Killian memos, wrote a scathing editorial piece for Online Journal as an open letter to George Bush, explicitly calling him a "liar" several times. More to the point of the recent controversy, Burkett made a startling assertion in the body of this op-ed piece:

George W. Bush, you may be the president [sic]. But I know that you lied.
I know from your files that we have now reassembled, the fact that you did not fulfill your oath, taken when you were commissioned to "obey the orders of the officers appointed over you". I know that you not only lied to the American people in 1994, but have lied consistently since then. Mr. Bush, not every serviceman except you is incompetent. When you failed to show up as ordered for duty, they simply recorded the truth. And the truth was, they didn't think you were especially important enough to jeopardize their own careers to cover for your absence by fraudulently counting you as present in any piece of documentation when you clearly were not present.

Now Mr. Bush, we have finally confirmed the truth concerning your failure to complete your minimum satisfactory drill participation in 1972 and 1973.

Burkett said on August 25th of this year that he had "reassembled" Bush's TANG file and specifically called out the years 1972 and 1973 - the same years that the Killian forgeries were purportedly written. As Bandit notes in his discovery of this hateful rant, he repeatedly talks about "orders" and being "ordered" to attend specific drills or tasks, which again the forged memos also reflected.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's what I was thinking--Seems as likely as anything else that this whackjob could have 'rebuilt' the file to make it look any way he wanted it to--Just couldn't go overboard and make it look too bad because then the Honorable Discharge wouldn't have made any sense--But other than that, he could have done plenty, I would think--C
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see the interview but hasn't this guy's story changed a lot of times over the years - I remember first reading about him a few years ago and his story was that he just saw the memos in the trash, but never anything about taking them out of the trash. He's been a pathological Bush hater here in Texas for years and, as best I remember, his story was debunked long ago by even some of his friends. And if he got the memos and they were harmful to Bush, why did he not reveal them in 2000 in their original form - why did they have to be "reassembed (rewritten?)?" This guy's in deep kimchi, and is a real nut job.

Debbie
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the source Rather is protecting, he needs to get his head examined then get his kiester kicked right out of W57th st studios. no gold watch just a shoemark in the back of his pants!

I really think the 'unimpeachable' source Rather is protecting is his daughter or somebody in the DNC....or both.

It might have started like this, (paranoia time :p ) Burkett runs around with his crazy story and Robin Rather hears about it and after visiting Burkett who is a neighbor contacts daddy. Rather then sends Mapes down there to see what hes got. When hard pressed admits there really was no files. but its the beginning of a "great" scoop. what if there really were files??? Some point in the future after Mapes visits Burkett these magical documents sponatneously create themselves and answer all the important questions being asked by the black helicopter pilots of the loony left. Thus saving the day for John Kerry and the liberal cause.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
If this is the source Rather is protecting, he needs to get his head examined then get his kiester kicked right out of W57th st studios. no gold watch just a shoemark in the back of his pants!

You are right! I did a Google search on him and found some really radical statements. A lot of the other Blogs have info in him as well. He is nut case. He really rambles in this article he wrote: http://www.onlinejournal.com/bush/031903Burkett/031903burkett.html

Several of the people he has used to corroborate his stories have denied his version.

I still think that statement of his that I quoted above kind of puts the nails in his coffin. "Many of us have risked everything on this election."
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah arymann, that's his favorite ranting spot. Just use the search engine on that site & search on his name - lots of rants. Get this guy some Lithium - Fast!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
The question that I keep asking myself about this story, too, is if there are some items missing from W's files, or if some items are misfiled somewhere, why aren't people asking if this guy accidentally on purpose disappeared some things that do demonstrate that W was where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be there?--I mean, if he admits that he had access and that he isn't above taking some things he thought were damaging to W and keeping them to use against W when he felt that they could do the most damage, why should anyone think that he wouldn't take and destroy (or just hide) things that, in his opinion, might answer some of the questions that have been dogging W for years?--

Or is there a flaw in that thinking?--C

CAndi, i think this site is about as concise an explanation as i have seen. hth..
http://www.americandaily.com/article/4807
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: