SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well I'm a pollster now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Well I'm a pollster now! Reply with quote

I just participated in a Zogby....guess I should make a T-shirt that says "I survived a Zogby Poll" 'eh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Wednesday I was called by 'Mountain West Research.' Anyone know anything about them? Which party hired them? Had difficulty understanding the questioner--she apologized for her accent. I googled them and sent them an email objecting to one of the questions. The choices were, agree strongly, agree somewhat, down to disagree strongly. Yet in the question both Pro-Choice and Pro-Life were mentioned, making the question ambiguous. I mentioned this to the questioner and she agreed with my take on it and said she'd point it out to her supervisor. Told her I couldn't answer the question the way it was posed and refused to answer. I don't doubt they checked 'undecided' on that one. Received an answer from MWR which agreed with my statement. Wonder if they did anything to correct this, or if they went with their spin to get the desired results?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's good to know that some polls do exist - I always ask and no one says they know of anyone polled on any real stuff. I was beginning to think it was all made up.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a polling outfit (EPIC/MRA) based in our state capitol (Lansing) which quite often calls me for opinons. As of 6/8, they show: Bush 45%; Kerry 47%. Couldn't find anything more up to date. I can see why MI is considered one of the 'battleground' states. They're goofy here! Two elections ago, the dems put up Geoffrey Feiger (of Dr. Kervorkian 'fame') as their candidate!! And they keep re-electing 'comb-over' Levin as our US Senator. Go figure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: