SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry: The Video Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiliman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: John Kerry: The Video Game Reply with quote

http://kumawar.com/Kerry/screenshots.php

Quote:
John Kerry and the men of Swift Boat PCF-94

Silver Star Mekong Delta, Vietnam,1969

Signup today - Free Trial - to receive 20 Kuma\War missions including JOHN KERRY and the men of SWIFT BOAT PCF-94, an amazing re-creation of the actions in 1969 that earned Kerry the Navy's second highest honor. Re-create the events for yourself! Built using advanced game tools, this simulation puts you in Kerry's boots, in command of a Swift Boat on the Mekong Delta in 1969. Includes broadband video news show, real-world intel, satellite images and the background you need to understand a key issue in this year's presidential election.

To be released September 30, 2004 (estimated date.)

See article in USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-16-swiftboat_x.htm
Kiliman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny comment from the Kerry Spot http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

Quote:
As I understand it, on this game each mission is followed by a "bonus paperwork round" in which you request bonus points, if you can slip them past a little computer-generated John O'Neill. For one cheat code on this game. if you press numeral 0 and type in "hagiography", the game creates a Douglas Brinkley icon that comes out and takes flak for you.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, think about this. We were looking for a computer application that would allow us to model Kerry's actions during the 3 boat mining (fleeing downriver), during the Silver Star action, etc. It would be VERY easy to use a game such as this to reproduce the action, and capture it to tape. Someone needs to contact the developer and ask for permission to use his game, either as a Beta test, or make him an offer as a professional consultant / game tester, plus try and get permission to use out-takes as a free advertisement. This company has done all the work for us, we should at least see if we can use it to make a presentation to the public on how unbelieveable Kerry and Rassmann's story is. It could be damaging to Kerry's entire history, if presented correctly.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, because I want somebody up the chain of command, one of the Swiftboat guys, to at least read my previous post. Mods? Can you make this happen please?
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this for real? A video game starring John Kerry? What next? I feel like *I* am under attack. I feel as if *I* should get a medal and get to go home.

Bonus paperwork round: LOL. Does the game come with little paper purple hearts and Silver Stars with the evidently new upgraded and optional "V"? Do I have the option of shoving Kerry overboard and then running over him with *my* swiftboat?

Another idiotic idea by the salivating synchophantic little pot smoking vote pimps at the DNC. Who are these people? The burnt-out latter-day versions of Andy Rooney and Judy Garland, putting on plays in Uncle Fester's barn on a rainy Saturday?

"I know! let's make a movie! Mikey can direct, since he is too fat too act, or really even walk, and directors can just sit! All we have to do is find a big enough chair!"

"I know! let's make propoganda and call it a documentary! Theresa can pay for it! All we need is someone to type the script! Say! my mom can do that!"

"I know! let's make a video game! And this way, Johnny can finally make things come out so he is actually entitled to all the awards he wrote himself up for! Should we call it 'Swiftboats' or 'PT-109' ?"

"I know! let's make a memo! Danny can act, since he is so good at it! Show them your sincere look, Danny! See? He's great!"
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the company was contacted with the specifications....they would likely create the animation for free.....so long their site and game were given a plug or link from the website.

The programmer would likely love to do it too
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the company was contacted with the specifications....they would likely create the animation for free.....so long their site and game were given a plug or link from the website.

The programmer would likely love to do it too

Oh, I agree 100%. This looks like a fairly small-time operation, they would LOVE the free publicity. I sure wish I could get some confirmation that this was at least passed up our chain of command for discussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: