SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View Latest Ad - Comments Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would there be a focus group that came in with a truly clean opinion?

I don't know where these undecided voters are. How can anyone be undecided? Are they not paying attention? Or is it that they are uncomfortable with President Bush but still know nothing about Kerry.

Kerry certainly isn't telling anyone the truth about himself. He isn't even telling us what he plans on doing --- he says he needs to see what the country looks like in January.

How can anyone be undecided. Look at the disaster his campaign is. This is who would run the country.

Otherwise, I did like the ad, (butt monkey) but it does not stand alone from ad 4. How can all of these ads play together. It is very damaging that he says He is proud of it. The assumption is that he is proud of throwing his medals away. The fence sitters might require being eye-witnesses to Kerry's treason.

Also, I agree future ads need to get Kerry on the traitor aspects.
Iwo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific ad.

It makes one laugh at Kerry--when people start laughing at you, when you are trying to be "Presidential," the game is over.

"...proud of it..." -- this is a killer!

Suggestion: Provide the media, i.e., Hannity & "needs Combs" with tapes of the entire interviews--this will get more play time about the subject and give our friendly media outlets an answer to any questions about unfair editing.

Bravo, Swiftees.

Iwo
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Man if you knew my wife for her to be "undecided" is a major deal. She is never going to pull the lever for Goerge Bush or any other republican for that matter but she confessed to me the other day that she simply may not vote at all.

We don't want to create an atmosphere where people go vote out of sympathy for Kerry because they don't know enough and they just feel he is being attacked with out merit. I think they call that backlash. As I posted earlier it is what got me to the polls for Bush in 2000 (DWI smear) and I believe that will ultimately be the result of the unsubstantiated Rather attacks.

Just my 2 cents.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Woll wrote:
Good. But we definitely need a commercial on the following...

1) Paris and the North Vietnam war rememberance honoring Kerry.

2) Kerry's comments saying if we pull out of Vietnam only a few thousand
would die, and then showing the massacre that resulted. Mentioning in the
ad that the same thing could happen in Iraq if Kerry was president.

Still a month and a half to go ......

Inch by inch we are getting closer to the truth

{I lost a father-in-law in the re-education camps and have a "boat peple" son-in-law}

Just an old Swiftie that will never forget

Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is VITAL for a new AD to make the connection between Vietnam and Iraq. Emphasizing what Kerry did then and what he would do in office. His emphasis on pulling out of Iraq, like he demanded we do in Vietnam helped us lose our only war and it resulted in 3,000,000 deaths vs. his claimed 3,000 deaths. He was a 1,000 times off in his estimates. He was sugarcoating how bad the atrocities and events that would happen if we pulled out. He allowed the true "Genghis Khan's" to attack the South Vietnamese when we pulled out. Which is exactly what would happen if we pulled out now. He gave aid and comfort to the enemy as he does now in IRAQ. He met in Paris with the enemy and then pressed their agenda here in the us. How many more people need to die as a result of Kerry's actions?

Last edited by Paul Woll on Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daniel J. Hutchison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: New Ad Reply with quote

Great new ad. Another donation is on the way.
thank you
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim_nyc wrote:
Oh Man if you knew my wife for her to be "undecided" is a major deal. She is never going to pull the lever for Goerge Bush or any other republican for that matter but she confessed to me the other day that she simply may not vote at all.

We don't want to create an atmosphere where people go vote out of sympathy for Kerry because they don't know enough and they just feel he is being attacked with out merit. I think they call that backlash. As I posted earlier it is what got me to the polls for Bush in 2000 (DWI smear) and I believe that will ultimately be the result of the unsubstantiated Rather attacks.

Just my 2 cents.

I think the back lash will be the political dirty trick of the forged TANG documents against Bush. Fake documents versus Kerry's actual words -- there is no question of creditability for the Swift Vets.

Question: What is your wife's issue(s) that she is anti-Republican. As a woman I am very interested in hearing why other woman are anti-GOP.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I don't think the current new ad will have much impact. Most people who are ignoring the medals issue, will ignore this ad. I don't believe it is hard-hitting enough. Can we get some more confirmation that more new ads are on the way? We need them soon.

Additionally, using Pitken would be highly effective in a new ad.

Last edited by Paul Woll on Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Ad #5 transcript Reply with quote

Kerry 2004: I have been accurate precisely about what took place...
Kerry 1971: We renounced the symbols...
Kerry 2004: I threw my ribbons over...
Kerry 1971: I gave back, I can't remember... 6...
Kerry 2004: ribbons...
Kerry 1971: 7, 8...
Kerry 2004: and took the ribbons...
Kerry 1971: 9...
Kerry 2004: I didn't have my medals...
Kerry 1971: and that was the medals themselves...
Kerry 2004: That is absolutely incorrect. Medals, Ribbons... we threw away
the symbols of what are country gave us... and I am proud of that.

John Kerry, can you TRUST anything he says?

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is responsible for the content of this advertisement.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: medals or ribbons Reply with quote

My difficulty with the new ad is that I don't believe that civilians understand the diference between "medals" and "ribbons" and as a result I don't think they will understand the ad.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Woll wrote:
To be honest, I don't think the current new ad will have much impact. Most people who are ignoring the medals issue, will ignore this ad. I don't believe it is not hard-hitting enough. Can we get some more confirmation that more new ads are on the way? We need them soon.

I think the Swifties are playing a very fine game of poker here...not revealing all their cards until Kerry has bet his last chip! Remember, something like 46 days....if they reveal everything too soon, then there would be too much time for people to forget about it, but then reveal it too late, and it looks like it's being mean.

I have thus far been very impressed with the Swifties timing and accuracy on these ads....I feel something big is building. John O'Neill is a very smart, calm (and *I* think very calculating, dangerous man to have working against you) Kerry should have NEVER pissed him off! Cool
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
breezy
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thankyou soo much swiftys Wink god bless each of your hearts and yours another wonderful add with so much power behind it !!!!!!!!!

i pray for john oneil each evening ( and all those nameless ones working soo hard in the back round to keep this group alive and going )

Yes another donation is on the way from me ( this will be my third one money given from my heart to one of the most powerful and heart felt causes I have seen in decades )

always breezy
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look it is understandable why WE like the ad as it reaffirms what we already know. I just don't think it will affect a swing voter. It needs to be more hard-hitting. This just looks like the traditional flip-flopping that Kerry is known to do. Swing voters think Bush flip-flops(though in my opinion not as often and most are only perceived and not actual ones) so they will ignore this ad.
julsmith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were someone totally on the outside (I don't know how anyone could be if they have a TV and internet), but IF I were watching this ad, I would say to myself, "Huh, Kerry talks so much about his military record and patriotism, then he throws his military service awards away, and with pride. What kind of hero is that"???

The Kerry election committee keeps complaining that the Republicans are accusing Kerry of not being patriotic. After seeing this ad, I say, YES, and your point??? Question Question Question
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "I'm proud of that" of throwing away the symbols of this country may turn on that that sneaky little voice inside of each of us.... What other "sacred" things will Kerry discard and be proud? Our flag? Our deployed soldiers? Our country?

Isn't there a big flap over being called unpatriotic? When you are proud of throwing away the "symbols" your country gives you that sounds like prima facie evidence of being unpatriotic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: