SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I feel compelled to make a comment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: I feel compelled to make a comment. Reply with quote

I became aware of the existance of this site because someone on another board was commenting on how many trolls were coming in to disrupt the board.

I took a look around and I can see what they were talking about.

FWIW, last weekend I registered at **, where I'm sure a lot of these trolls come from.

I selected a few threads and asked some questions. I wasn't rude, I wasn't confrontational, I simply asked a few questions.

I was banned within a half hour.

Apparently, these folks only believe in free speech when it's them doing the talking.

So if you feel like you need to ban anyone who you determine to be a troll, don't feel guilty about it for even one second.
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you nakona. It's good to hear that what is happening here is becoming known.

No one who truly believes in the purpose of this site is pushing their beliefs on others, we simply wish to express our views, our opinions. Hopefully someday soon this current round of visitors will abate and allow us do so.

Whatever happens come November, whoever is elected President of the United States, that is when the true voice of the people will be heard. What transpires between then and now is vitally important, ALL voices should be heard in a respectful, meaningful exchange.

Sadly that is difficult to do under these circumstances, but it will be done, nonetheless.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say that I do not know even ONE single vet who is planning to vote for Kerry.

In fact, the only Dems I could think of that I would trust not to gut our military (again) are Joe Lieberman and Zell Miller.

The part of FDR and JFK has fallen a LONG way.
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakona, I'm voting for Kerry and yes I'm a F-N Vet. vetsforkerry.com
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

This is a free country. You have the right to be wrong.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

Only problem is we don't know if you're a vet harry? No evidence provided by you or the administrator as I've requested from you repeatedly. Put up or shut up please.

Last edited by ASPB on Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I returned from Vietnam in the latter part of 1970, put the war behind me, and became part of the vast silent majority. Two events have changed my philosophy. The “Rolling Thunder” motorcycle group and John Kerry.

A local chapter of the “Rolling Thunder” motorcycle group allowed me to ride with them to the “Wall” on Memorial Day 2002. It was my first trip to the wall. I am ashamed to say that it took me 32 years to pay respects to three very good friends whose names are etched in that stone for eternity. It was a very emotional journey but it rekindled a desire to find my friends that I served with. I have made contact with several of my old Vietnam buddies and all are doing well. What I found from these contacts is that we came home and lived decent, productive lives. One became a lawyer, one became a teacher, one became a college professor, one became an accountant, one became a truck driver, one became a postal worker, and one became the governor of PA and now Homeland Security Secretary. During my “FULL” tour of duty, I never saw any of these men commit any type of “crime” or “atrocity” that Sen. Kerry proclaimed happened on a “day to day basis”.

Sen. Kerry has made speeches about the “brotherhood” of the combat soldier. This is true, combat soldiers share a bond that cannot be described, only experienced. This bond is based on a “trust” that is so absolute, that your life depends on it. Sen. Kerry broke that trust with his demonstrations, and lies about his fellow soldiers. Sen. Kerry is not my brother, and he never will be.

In Vietnam, I knew the meaning of fear, but it pales in comparison to the fear that I have now that Sen. Kerry could possibly become the “Commander in Chief” of our armed forces.

I would like to borrow a line from one of Sen. Kerry’s campaign speeches. “We might be older, we might be grayer, but we still know how to fight for our country”. In this election year, thousands of Vietnam veterans will fight his election with the same vigor and professionalism that they portrayed in Vietnam.
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I feel compelled to make a comment. Reply with quote

nakona wrote:
I became aware of the existance of this site because someone on another board was commenting on how many trolls were coming in to disrupt the board.

I took a look around and I can see what they were talking about.

FWIW, last weekend I registered at **, where I'm sure a lot of these trolls come from.

I selected a few threads and asked some questions. I wasn't rude, I wasn't confrontational, I simply asked a few questions.

I was banned within a half hour.

Apparently, these folks only believe in free speech when it's them doing the talking.

So if you feel like you need to ban anyone who you determine to be a troll, don't feel guilty about it for even one second.

I have no doubt whatsoever that these guys are from DU. This is what they do to sites that scare them, disurpt with no facts. Just flooding of posts lacking any substance whatsoever. Yes, they will ban you immediately for disagreeing with you. If you even put a conservatives name in your screen name that's done in a positive or that's not negative way it's BAN. They are not interested in the freedom of speech, just lies and stifling anyone that disagrees with them.

Quote:
In this election year, thousands of Vietnam veterans will fight his election with the same vigor and professionalism that they portrayed in Vietnam.
I agree with you 100% redneckvet, nice 1st post and welcome.

Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Vetsforkerry.com like Vetsforjanefonda.com Reply with quote

H3:

Hard to believe you actually have a website Vetsforkerry.com. Sounds remarkably like a Vetsforjanefonda.com. I stumbled upon lately. However, shouldn't you have a least more than one member, yourself, to consider it a viable website?
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: I felt compelled. Reply with quote

I just posted a comment to H3digital on his/her comment on "actual vets for Kerry." Check out his/her member profile for occupation. It lists serviced connected disabled veteran of the US Army,MP core. Just what the hell is the MP core? Is it similar to the Army Air Corps or the US Marine Corps? I think H3 is a phony wannabe. Claims to be Vietnam vet. Any proof to these claims? I told him/her I would be willing to send copies of my DD 214's to verify my veterans status. I'm sure any bonafide veterans using the vets only forum woukd be willing to do the same. I don't think H3 would make a pimple on a vets ass.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakona wrote:
I can honestly say that I do not know even ONE single vet who is planning to vote for Kerry.

In fact, the only Dems I could think of that I would trust not to gut our military (again) are Joe Lieberman and Zell Miller.

The part of FDR and JFK has fallen a LONG way.

The Republican Party is closer to presidents like Franklin Roosevelt and John Kennedy than is the current Democratic party. FDR recognized that the U.S. needed to help get rid of tyrants while isolationists thought the U.S. could just ignore events in other parts of the world. FDR literally conspired with British Prime Minister Winston Churchill to get the U.S. into WWII on the side of Britain. John Kennedy, the first and hopefully only president JFK, felt the U.S. should act in foreign policy when necessary without having to first get the support of other governments.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: