SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Staudt Speaks Out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Staudt Speaks Out Reply with quote

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Politics/Vote2004/staudt_bush_040917-1.html
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Staudt on Bush Reply with quote

Very interesting article--Col. Walter Staudt, referred to in one of the forged "Killian" memos comes out in favor of Bush. Interesting quotes by Staudt:

"I never pressured anybody about George Bush because I had no reason to"

"He didn't use political influence to get into the Air National Guard," Staudt said, adding, "I don't know how they would know that, because I was the one who did it and I was the one who was there and I didn't talk to any of them."

"He was highly qualified...He passed all the scrutiny and tests he was given."

"No one called me about taking George Bush into the Air National Guard," he said. "It was my decision. I swore him in. I never heard anything from anybody."

"He [Bush] was a well-educated, bright-eyed young man, just the kind of guy we were looking for."

"He presented himself well. I'd say he was in the upper 10 percent or 5 percent or whatever we ever talked to about going to pilot training. We were pretty particular because when he came back [from training], we had to fly with him."

"There was no contact between me and George Bush … he certainly never asked for help," Staudt said. "He didn't need any help as far as I knew."

He [Staudt] added that after retiring he was not involved in Air National Guard affairs. "I didn't check in with anybody — I had no reason to," he said. "I was busy with my civilian endeavors, and they were busy with their military options. I had no reason to talk to them, and I didn't."

(end of quotes)

Staudt says that no one ever approached him about getting George W. Bush into the National Guard, but he accepted Bush due to his qualifications. (Contradicts Rather's claims about favoritism)

Staudt also says that no one contacted him after his retirement--this contradicts forged "Killian" CYA memo about contacting Staudt in 1973.

Question for Dan Rather: why is he believing forged memos trying to put words into a dead man's mouth, when the brigadier general of Bush's unit flatly contradicts these claims today?

This interview is on ABC News--not exactly part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. I wonder if Sean Hannity could get an interview with Staudt?
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The significance of this story: It puts the lie to Dan Rather's assertion that no one has disputed the "substance" of his story.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that Rather couldn't have found out what Staudt had to say about all this before he ran his fantasy.......er......I mean story--

OTOH, considering that they dismissed what Killian's wife and son and the legitimate document experts had to stay, there's not much reason to believe that they would have listened to Staudt, either--After all, he's not an 86 year-old partisan retired secretary--C
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Dan has is that little old lady... who Killian's son says was a 'pool secretary' ; Big difference from just Killian's secretary....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
All Dan has is that little old lady... who Killian's son says was a 'pool secretary' ; Big difference from just Killian's secretary....

Don't forget about the retired typewriter repairman, Stevie--That's gotta trump Staudt, who was only directly involved in whether or not the underlying message (that Danny Boy keeps talking about) is true or not--

I think this may be Game, Set, Match on this one--C
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness the media finally have competition.
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that Rather will say(if he even acknowledges Staudt) that Staudt took to long to come forward and he is a Bush supporter so he is not credible. Rolling Eyes
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan's story reminds me of what one of my real estate investor friends said about a property he had just looked at: "Except for the roof, four walls and the foundation, it's in pretty good shape"
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. Aaron wrote:
Thank goodness the media finally have competition.

Yeah the PAJAMAHADEEN!, the hundreds of millions of Americans that are refushing to accept their BS anymore. They've gone and awakened the masses! Just like in the movies the morons have awakend Godzilla and now have no idea of what to do with him! They've dredged up this monster from their past, one they though they had tamed, one they thought they had controll over.

Oh how wrong they all are.....

Kerry, Dan, CBS, the MSM, Micheal Moron annd the rest of the liberal wacko party guess what! ........IT'S DINNER TIME!
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandiM wrote:
Don't forget about the retired typewriter repairman, Stevie--That's gotta trump Staudt, who was only directly involved in whether or not the underlying message (that Danny Boy keeps talking about) is true or not--

Stevie the Typewriter repairman wrote:
Yeah sonny, I used ta read them old ribbons on them there typewriters. Yesiree, most folks didn't know ya could do at. Yeah I seen when that Cuueban missile crisis wuz heaten up from typewriter ribbons. Yesiree ya could get alot news from them things. Ya know there wuz this typist too who used a bunch o "W"s. Whoever that wuz usedta write some really silly stuff. Wondered if anybody wuz ever gonna read that claptrap. Uh what wuz you sayin' there Dan?

Se7eN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, all the DNC talking heads need to see is:

Quote:
Staudt said he continues to support Bush now that he is president. "My politics now are that I'm an American, and that's about all I can tell you," he said. "And I'm going to vote for George Bush."

So they can cry foul. How much do you wanna bet Colmes, if this comes up, will mention that? He always does.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Staudt Speaks Out Reply with quote

I wonder how many of the MSM will report this. Let me guess "0".
Rather felt this information would damage Bush so badly he did not care if it was true or not. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was had. Now I wonder did he know it was a fraud?

RHV
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Staudt Speaks Out Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:
I wonder how many of the MSM will report this. Let me guess "0".
Rather felt this information would damage Bush so badly he did not care if it was true or not. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was had. Now I wonder did he know it was a fraud?

RHV

Damn right Rather knew it was a fraud. Hell, the experts CBS contacted before the story ran expressed doubts and urged them not to go on with the story until further investigation could be done.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Staudt Speakes Reply with quote

And Rather says (para phrased) If this story is a fraud he wants to break the story. RIGHT!!! How much more does he have to see what the rest of us know. Dan it is a fraud.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: