SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry spot - more messages from affiliates (see-BS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Kerry spot - more messages from affiliates (see-BS) Reply with quote

Found this while looking around on NRO. I am only posting a small part (It is rather big) Go have a look. Very Happy

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

Quote:
MORE MESSAGES FROM AFFILIATES [09/17 06:47 PM]

I've debated whether to quote affiliate managers' e-mails or not. I think I'm going to identify them by state. On the one hand, these guys sent these e-mails to concerned viewers, and didn't necessarily expect them to be posted for the world to see on the Kerry Spot. On the other hand, this is their response to the members of the public, so it probably ought to be public.

Either way, more strong messages against Rather from affiliates. From an Oklahoma CBS station

Stolen Honor
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Either way, more strong messages against Rather from affiliates. From an Oklahoma CBS station:

We are a CBS affiliate we have a contract to air their programming and news related shows. That said we are independent of any comments and positions of CBS network. We at [local station] try our best as journalist to be fair and balanced in our coverage of all issues. If the question is do we stand behind them the answer is no. It is an unfortunate situation that we as a local station are just caught in the middle of.

I can tell you this is the truth, to give you an idea, when 60min2 (or what ever it’s called) was to air the interview with the sectary, they didn’t air it, instead the aired a Christian movie.

I think it was their way of saying up yours 60min.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local Knoxville, TN CBS pulled 60minII also.

Stolen Honor
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a fwiw, I talked to my son In Abilene, Tx and asked him how the local tv was handling the story there.
It seems the franchise for the CBS station also owns the franchise for NBC or ABC, can't recall (de-regulation). Anyway two stations, and they are essentially blacked out on any of the forgery news, David Van Os news, Ben Barnes news, or even their local guy Bill Burkett, since he is real big in Dem politics there.
communism in action.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why the internet is so important! Forums and Bloggers rule!!!!!!!

Stolen Honor
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of a VET wrote:
That's why the internet is so important! Forums and Bloggers rule!!!!!!!

It's funny how the media like to picture this as "the televised war of Vietnam". True, Vietnam was the first really televised war. But that’s not the case with today’s conflicts, which are more like "the Internetised war" (for lack of a better name).

Our conflicts are no longer just “televised home”, it’s not just images plastered on a screen for us all to look at. It’s no longer the printed media and snail mail letters from home that our loved ones receive in the field, “delayed for weeks at a time” In today’s conflicts both our soldiers and the people at home can actively communicate between each other over the internet. We actively see on this site and many others, emails both coming from, and going to our troops on a daily basis, we’re practically talking to them on the phone!

And that’s why it IS so important that we listen to “what they have to say” and “respond” to them, reaffirm to them, that we truly are behind what they are doing over there 150%, and not to worry about what they may here in the news. That is something WE are taking care of here at home. They need to be reassured that we will not let the liberal lying hypocrites of our past do to them what they did to the Vietnam Vets. That the American people are standing up to them and actively exposing the liberal media and their cronies for exactly what they are, TRAITORS. Like President Bush stated so pointedly “You’re either with US or You’re with the Terrorists”, apparently that goes for here at home as well as it does over sea’s with foreign nations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: