SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burkett Boasts He 'Reassembled' Bush Files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Burkett Boasts He 'Reassembled' Bush Files Reply with quote

Interesting claim for someone supposedly not connected to the matter to make;

Quote:
The man believed to be the source of the documents used in a CBS News report critical of President Bush, wrote a commentary in August for a left wing online journal in which he bragged that he had "reassembled" President Bush's National Guard files.

At the conclusion of Bill Burkett's commentary, he also boasted that he had served as "one of the sources for information in the Michael Moore's film 'Farenheit 911.'" (sic) Burkett did not elaborate on his relationship with Moore. The left wing filmmaker has publicly called Bush "a deserter" for his service in the National Guard.

"I know from your files that we have now reassembled, the fact that you did not fulfill your oath, taken when you were commissioned to "obey the orders of the officers appointed over you," wrote Burkett to President George Bush in the Aug. 25 commentary for Online Journal. Burkett is a retired Texas National Guard lieutenant colonel.

Remainder of the article is at
CNS News Burkett
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was JUST a little reassembly. I'm sure he only had the best intentions. No doubt that even though the actual documents didn't exist, he probably only wanted to capture the "spirit" of the dead Colonel's REAL thoughts on (then) Lt Bush.

Up is down, in is out, left is right, bad is good....but ALWAYS, Democrats are looking out for the "little" guy.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Burkett Boasts He 'Reassembled' Bush Files Reply with quote

I hadn't heard that he said he wasn't connected. In any event, here's some stuff about the disconnected:
Bill Burkett wrote:
Date: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:35 am
Subject: Re: Tom DeLay gets hammered at his own reception! (Twice in on...

I'm serious folks, this is a GOOD year to be a Democrat. There is an anger combined with urgency to rid the country of BUSH policies; Perry and Delay manipulations and take the country back again. Capturing and guiding this national and Texas mood is our opportunity - but also our responsibility. Within certain areas of the State, we are behind, but the mood still exists. We have time to close the gap in several congressional races with an energized and aggressive campaign and lots of financial and grassroots support. The opportunity is there - we just have to convert on it.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Texas-Democrats/message/7118

David Kirkpatrick wrote:
... "I spent some time on the phone with the Kerry campaign seniors yesterday," Mr. Burkett wrote on Aug. 21 in an e-mail letter circulated to a list of about 600 Texas Democrats. He complained that he had to "get through seven layers of bureaucratic kids trying to get a job after the election." "I talked with Max Cleland," Mr. Burkett continued, referring to the former senator from Georgia who has been supporting Senator John Kerry's Democratic presidential bid.
Alluding to advertisements by a veterans group that deprecates Mr. Kerry's Vietnam service, Mr. Burkett continued, "I asked if they wanted to counterattack or ride this to ground and outlast it, not spending any money. He said counterattack." "So I gave them the information to do it with," Mr. Burkett wrote. "But none of them have called me back."...
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=66876

carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burkett seems like he may be a certifiable head case.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capro,

I've been thinking the same thing....

they should keep a doctor handy for this guy.....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: