SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know the answer to these ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Does anyone know the answer to these ??? Reply with quote

What is with the yellow band that is always on Kerry's right wrist?

Why does Kerry always fold his hands together-like he is praying and bow at the crowd? Why does he then place his right hand on his heart?

Watch the news...this goes on in the middle east... when they greet each other...Am I the only one who picks up on this?

Shocked OOH-YAH

Update...someone cleared up the yellow wrist band....Lance Armstrong Foundantion.

HOWEVER, THAT POSES ANOTHER QUESTION?

Why is Kerry all of sudden wearing it in the first place....and does his wife who said, we are all 'idiots' unless we vote for her husband, donate large sums of money to this foundation or is it all for show?
Rolling Eyes OOH-YAH!

Last edited by Cali-HeyGirl on Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Watch the news...this goes on in the middle east... when they greet each other...Am I the only one who picks up on this?

I've seen it talked about in other post but I think your the first to connect it to the middle east. GREAT call Very Happy
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I've noticed it and thought it might be communication with his North Vietnam friends.....

Someone should ask him at a press conference... oh, I forgot, he doesn't have those.... isn't that unusual for a presidential candidate?

I didn't notice the yellow band on his wrist... is that eastern also? I know some 'stars' are wearing band for 'kabala' but I thought those were red.

I also noticed that he claps for himself.....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
yes, I've noticed it and thought it might be communication with his North Vietnam friends.....

Someone should ask him at a press conference... oh, I forgot, he doesn't have those.... isn't that unusual for a presidential candidate?

I didn't notice the yellow band on his wrist... is that eastern also? I know some 'stars' are wearing band for 'kabala' but I thought those were red.

Yep...you did pick up on the 'kabala' thing...I thought at one time, I saw a red one on his wrist.
All I have noticed lately is a yellow one. Hmmm...maybe it matches the stripe down his spine?
Nope...that can't be correct, he doesn't have one of those?
OOH-YAH!
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the bowing. I just assumed it was a signal to some of the foreign leaders who have endorsed him.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the yellow band is from the Lance Armstrong Foundation, Live Strong Program. This is an educational resource for Cancer survivors!
http://www.livestrong.org/livestrong/portal/ep/home.do
Quote:
From the moment your survivorship begins on the day of diagnosis, we understand that living with cancer is more than a medical experience. Finding easy to understand information that you can trust is sometimes challenging and overwhelming. We offer you information that helps you to live strong through the physical, emotional and practical challenges of your survivorship.
Lance Armstrong Foundation
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:

His handlers have probably told him that some 90% of the message is received via gestures not verbal. He wants to appeal to the Euros, and psuedo-intellectuals, and to appear humbling to others. He has to TRY because he has no core beliefs.. and obviously no stand on anything... oh he can't stand as you said he has not spine. Sorry to repeat.

Never Ever Kerry
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATACKM wrote:
I believe the yellow band is from the Lance Armstrong Foundation, Live Strong Program. This is an educational resource for Cancer survivors!
http://www.livestrong.org/livestrong/portal/ep/home.do
Quote:
From the moment your survivorship begins on the day of diagnosis, we understand that living with cancer is more than a medical experience. Finding easy to understand information that you can trust is sometimes challenging and overwhelming. We offer you information that helps you to live strong through the physical, emotional and practical challenges of your survivorship.
Lance Armstrong Foundation

Thanx...that clears up the yellow wrist band. My husband and I lost a friend and young Naval Officer to the same cancer that Lance Armstrong has. Our friend died in less than 6 months. I had never heard of this yellow wrist band before, just the red 'Kabbalah' ones all the stars are wearing.

HOWEVER, I DO NOT BELIEVE KERRY IS NOW WEARING THAT YELLOW BAND BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SUPPORTER OF THIS FOUNDATION....KERRY STANDS FOR NOTHING BUT HIMSELF.

I also went and looked at that site...there is a picture of Senator Harkin on the Home page...Hmmm, didn't he just call President Bush a liar and say he was AWOL during Vietnam?

OOH-YAH!
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Hindu greeting I believe. Probably picked it up from yoga or TM classes. (ie..the hands in prayer positon over heart chakra).
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...

that's kerry... and he's fallen for several bush baits lately - hey kerry, keep up the good work!

the beltway boys just called edwards 'trail dust' ! great! everyone (demo) thought edwards would slam cheney.... but not so far.... they said demos should take edwards off paxil and make him into a slasher !

that sounds scarey... bet cheney is scared now!

back to kerry - he keeps this up and he'll have a little dance going...
bow, clap, hand over heart, clap, clap,bow, bow, bow, praying hands, bow, bow, clap, hand over heart, parying hands, hand over heart, praying hands, bow, bow, bow, clap, clap !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance Armstrong is a strong supporter/friend of GW Bush, his wife Laura and a fellow Texan. He was at the RNC supporting Bush........
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...

that's kerry... and he's fallen for several bush baits lately - hey kerry, keep up the good work!

the beltway boys just called edwards 'trail dust' ! great! everyone (demo) thought edwards would slam cheney.... but not so far.... they said demos should take edwards off paxil and make him into a slasher !

that sounds scarey... bet cheney is scared now!

back to kerry - he keeps this up and he'll have a little dance going...
bow, clap, hand over heart, clap, clap,bow, bow, bow, praying hands, bow, bow, clap, hand over heart, parying hands, hand over heart, praying hands, bow, bow, bow, clap, clap !

Well, well ...I can see it coming now the new Kerry dance craze is taking over Laughing
Something new to watch for 'Machination' Kerry does this the best! Twisted Evil

OOH-YAH! donate help the SwiftVets fight the good fight for truth!
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lance Armstrong is a strong supporter/friend of GW Bush, his wife Laura and a fellow Texan. He was at the RNC supporting Bush........

Thats suprising since his girlfriend, Sheryl Crow, is a peacefreak Bush hater. Wonder how he can tolerate it, she's not that good lookin.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know the answer to these ??? Reply with quote

Cali-HeyGirl wrote:

Why does Kerry always fold his hands together-like he is praying and bow at the crowd? Why does he then place his right hand on his heart?

Shocked OOH-YAH

Update...someone cleared up the yellow wrist band....Lance Armstrong Foundantion.

Why is Kerry all of sudden wearing it in the first place....and does his wife who said, we are all 'idiots' unless we vote for her husband, donate large sums of money to this foundation or is it all for show?
Rolling Eyes OOH-YAH!

I noticed the bow and thought it was very Eastern as well. We have neighbors who are from Nepal, and when we went to their son's wedding reception a few weeks ago I noticed they all put their hands together and bowed slightly to each other. It was charming and gracious - but when I saw Kerry do it, it looked kind of creepy.

I also notice his "black power" fist salute frequently. Anyone else notice this? he looks so awkward when he does it - the rich, white millionaire greeting "the brothu's"....

Add in the geeky salute - for Pete's sake Senator, if you're going to salute - give a proper salute!!! It's a straight arm from the finger tips to the elbow!!!! His salute is as limp as it is fake.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know the answer to these ??? Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
Cali-HeyGirl wrote:

Shocked OOH-YAH

Rolling Eyes OOH-YAH!

I noticed the bow and thought it was very Eastern as well. We have neighbors who are from Nepal, and when we went to their son's wedding reception a few weeks ago I noticed they all put their hands together and bowed slightly to each other. It was charming and gracious - but when I saw Kerry do it, it looked kind of creepy.

I also notice his "black power" fist salute frequently. Anyone else notice this? he looks so awkward when he does it - the rich, white millionaire greeting "the brothu's"....

Add in the geeky salute - for Pete's sake Senator, if you're going to salute - give a proper salute!!! It's a straight arm from the finger tips to the elbow!!!! His salute is as limp as it is fake.

Yep, I also noticed 'black power' fist salute depends on the crowd...I think it makes him look like a rich cracker trying too hard to fit in...that salute is limper and as fake as his buddy Clinton's was... Embarassed

A Naval Officer that has been at sea as long as mine has knows how to stand tall and give a sharp salute! OOH-YAH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: