SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Times: "The Swift Boat Nonsense"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: LA Times: "The Swift Boat Nonsense" Reply with quote

As was inevitable, MSM is sacrificing what's left of Rather's journalistic reputation at the altar of Edward R. Murrow in a last-ditch attempt at recovering whatever they can of their own tattered credibility. But with Rather's journalistic corpse barely cold in the grave, with the incredible chutzpa of the truly delusional, they now exercise their pseudo-integrity to dismiss out-of-hand the SwiftVet charges. Mind boggling.

I am reminded of the final scenes of "Deliverance."

Watch the waters MSM...SOMETHING is rising.

Quote:
REGARDING MEDIA / TIM RUTTEN
Rather went on faith, not facts
TIM RUTTEN
LA Times
September 18, 2004

<snip>

But it also is true that Sen. John F. Kerry's decline in the polls generally coincided with the high-water mark of the phony Swift boat controversy. Similarly, the president's plunge occurred while false documents concerning his military service were getting a daily airing.

The Swift boat nonsense had the effect it did because the serious news media were too lethargic and self-absorbed to overcome a collective distaste for the story and quickly expose the people behind the ads as a sloppy bunch of soreheads who had become the willing tools of a tiny cabal of moneyed Republicans. If the dissemination of forged military records now has diminished President Bush in the public's eyes, it is because CBS broadcast a report that turned on recklessly incompetent journalism and then fled from its responsibility in the matter.

All the noise from the snarling, sweating partisans on both sides of the ideological divide notwithstanding, the real media story of the 2004 presidential campaign may not be bias but incompetence.

LA Times con't

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: LA Times: "The Swift Boat Nonsense" Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
...with the incredible chutzpa of the truly delusional, they now exercise their pseudo-integrity to dismiss out-of-hand the SwiftVet charges....

I'm always awed by the nerve manifested in the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media). Their effete, haughtiness surfaces violently when they are caught with their knickers unbuttoned. In any event, it might interest everyone to know who Tim Rutten is.
Patterico, July 19 wrote:
...Tim Rutten -- a man so far to the left that he once uttered the phrase "the mythology of liberal Hollywood" without a trace of irony -- is now waging a one-man war on alternatives to the liberal mainstream media. Two weeks ago, Rutten mocked the Fox News Channel, calling it "the most blatantly biased major American news organization since the era of yellow journalism."
http://patterico.com/archives/002449.php

You're correct in saying something is being delivered. And it's much more than a bunch of pajama-clad, simple-minded country hicks, educated in state universities, born to follow the high-born. A media storm is coming and Tim Rutten can run but he can't hide.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quickly expose the people behind the ads as a sloppy bunch of soreheads who had become the willing tools of a tiny cabal of moneyed Republicans.

Do they
HAVE COLLECTIVE MEMORY LOSS when it comes to SOROS??????

Drives my CraZy!
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get so angry and upset when I read something like that. Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there no true reporters left? No legwork, investigating, checking
out leads, just opinions, editorials based on their own feelings. Like
feelings are more important that the truth that is out there just waiting
for someone to shed some light on it.
Seems to be a bunch of people sitting on their butts whining and moaning
instead of getting out and finding out the truth.
curtis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who depends on one source, such as the L.A. Times, to make a decision as important as voting.. is either a moron or a dinosaur. There is no other reason to swallow the crap these supposedly unbiased media outlets are spewing. Sorry, L.A. Times, I can do my own research, so stuff your propaganda in your pipe and smoke it.

Curtis
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtis wrote:
Anyone who depends on one source, such as the L.A. Times, to make a decision as important as voting.. is either a moron or a dinosaur. There is no other reason to swallow the crap these supposedly unbiased media outlets are spewing. Sorry, L.A. Times, I can do my own research, so stuff your propaganda in your pipe and smoke it.

Curtis

The LA Times refers to the Islamic Terrorists who killed the Russian school children as “REBELS”. You have to be repulsed and angered by people like the editors and writers of the LA Times. Thank God they are not the only game in town otherwise the SBVT would be marginalized and Kerry would be up in the polls.

Many of these people who control the editorial decisions and/or write for the Times and the rest of the MSM have not fully grasped the point that they no longer control the flow of information. Like it or not Islamic Terrorism is real and here to stay and not using the word Terrorist will not change that fact. Calling Kerry a hero will not make him one

I am sure they had profiles of Kerry ready for press. They were ready to lionize John Kerry as Hero both on the field of battle and in the halls of Congress. Then along came SBVT, the Drudge Report, and talk radio, Fox News etc to ruin their day.

The MSM is beside themselves trying this and trying that to change the topic. Dan Rather gave it go and found out that lies don’t go over very well. Dan being bagged by blogers may have the effect of making the MSM a bit timid if they think the new media will be gunning for them.

I just don’t think the LA Times etc have the influence they once had and after this election perhaps they will fade.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, clue me in.
Other than saying 'the swiftvets are liars',
what are'antiswiftvets' saying/writing?
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a famous piece written by Thomas Paine:

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/crisis/c-01.htm

It is most appropriate to the times we live in and why we need serious, sober leadership to guide our nation.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of this is a surprise.

The main thing is to continue to tell the
truth, and get the word out that John
Kerry is unfit to become the Commander-
in-Chief.

Montana
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember folks, this is a war and they will try getting their shots in. I love comments like a small group under the control of a few rich republicans, when the truth is the p**z that wrote this is employed by a big democrat supporter in the media and takes his orders from them. The difference is we have a choice and are free thinkers doing this on our own with a mission and goal in mind. We are the future and they are the past. We will not win all the battles, but we will not stop just because we are called names by the unknowing.
Keep fighting my freinds!!!!!!
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, I was still worried about the outcome of this
election due to the MSM's refusal to do their job and really give
the public an unbiased, "fair and balanced" view. I thougt that
there were still too many people who depended on the nightly
news and the "mainstream" newspapers for their news. If the
MSM would truly give both sides, I believe that an informed
voter would make the correct decision and see JK for the fraud
that he is.

Since August, I have become more and more optimistic. The
Swiftvets are the major reason, but the role that bloggers have
played in exposing the bias of Dan Rather and CBS has also
given me reason to believe that the MSM will be forced to be
more honest in the future or they will "slant" themselves out
of existence.
para-eagle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Californian, I can attest to the adolescent maturity level of the editors and writers to the LA Times. They are nothing more than over-ripe teenagers from the 1960's.

By the way, the circulation level for the LA Times has fallen dramatically since the early 1990's. Paid daily circulation used to be over 3 million, and now the Times gets just over 1 million only on its Sunday paper.

Daily readership is a fraction of what it used to be. Many readers were just fed up with the "greater than thou" and the total answerism (all-knowing) attitude of Times editors. For example, the Times presently refers to persons guilty of illegal entry (a felony, by the way) as "immigrants."

Times readers are smarter than its editors want to believe. Criticism from them is actually a plus for the Swiftees.

~para-eagle
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with both posts..I've been squawking about the MSM for months now...I just read that the new kamikase kerry tough approach is on the way...He asks doesn't Bush read the papers or watch TV? ( about Iraq ) yeah Bush would read the papers and watch TV if the MSM would give all candidates a fair shake...BUT THEY DON'T !!!!

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
Are there no true reporters left? No legwork, investigating, checking

Just easier for them to make it up. But it's more difficult now that they are being audited on the internet. Some of these arrogant old media fools - who REFUSED to cover the Swift Vets - think they're always going to have this paper or that. But this paper or that can close, or get real thin, and have to lay off. Competition.

At least the more influential blogs are just asking donations at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: