SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memogate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Memogate Reply with quote

Drudge has posted that CBS is going to run an interview with the source of the memos..that should be interesting..
God Bless America,
Greenvale
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the available text:

Quote:
CBS Rather has interviewed retired lieutenant colonel Bill Burkett widely believed to have provided disputed National Guard documents. CBS plans to air interview in coming days, WASH POST reports Monday, sources tell DRUDGE. Rather was in Texas over the weekend for the interview with Burkett... Developing..

Looks like that hole is just getting deeper and deeper and deeper. Instead of admitting the docs are forgeries, Rather is going to use this as an excuse to smear even more.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is obliged to ask if this "source" too, is a forgery, prepared by CBS/Mapes/DNC/Kerry to deflect or distract from the fact that the forgeries are the story, not their fantasy contents.

Why should we believe ANYTHING CBS says? They report the time, I double check my watch!
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If for some ridiculous reason CBS produces handwritten memos is this supposed to erase the fact Dan tried to push fakes? Dan would have been best to bite the bullet and say he thought he had a story but in his eagerness for a big scoop he overlooked the warnings from experts of their authenticity. Then apologize directly to Bush and resign from CBS. At least then he might walk away with a shred of dignity.

but nooo, full steam ahead and take the entire network with you to the bottom.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Boy has forgotten the First Rule of Holes: When you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!

There were a couple of Pajama Mamas Forsooth who eyeballed him in DFW on the way TO Austin, and one today on the way BACK from Austin airport. I daresay these ladies who post here were on the case before Drudge....

By the way, Drudge streams his radio show on WABC starting at 9:30 PM (he does a half-hour warmup before going national at 10PM).

If you want to catch the stream, it's here:

http://www.wabcradio.com/listenlive.asp
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they have better forged documents this time? Or, who wants to wager that Burkett will say, "oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I had the real ones at one time, but the dog ate them, so I retyped them....cause you know...the content was correct...sorry."

Dan Rather will proclaim that the source is, of course, unimpeachable.

A parody, for sure, but I'm willing to bet the interview will be along those lines.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is just no way dan could pull this out of his butt, not even if he got Donna Dixon (she still around?) to contact Jerry killian via a Ouija board to confirm Bush missed his doc appointment and got suspended. It wouldnt change that he forged documents and the other thing is NOBODY CARES about Bush's TANG service.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajamahadeen alert...let's see what he says and how long it takes the blogosphere and PJ crowd to debunk this latest round...

Bring it on, Dan-O!
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Fox report where Dan was ambushed (60 Minutes style) by the local media at the Dallas airport while leaving the terminal. He seemed to be feeling his oats and even took a cheap shot at Fox News. He's either cocksure or pissed off. Was this after his interview with Burkett?
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
There is just no way dan could pull this out of his butt, not even if he got Donna Dixon (she still around?) to contact Jerry killian via a Ouija board to confirm Bush missed his doc appointment and got suspended. It wouldnt change that he forged documents and the other thing is NOBODY CARES about Bush's TANG service.

I have NO idea how I know this, but wasn't it Jean Dixon? My grandmother used to buy the National Enquirer and I would see Jean's predictions regular as clockwork every year. Funny how they never seemed to back and see what her batting record was for the previous year.... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: