SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnamization of Iraq, CBS tv show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Vietnamization of Iraq, CBS tv show Reply with quote

We are sitting here trying to watch a tv show on CBS "Missing".
It's a bout a soldier that has come back from Iraq. Here are a few of the "facts" they have claimed so far.

1. PTSD
2. Back door draft, of a reservist, and he had been in Iraq for 1˝ years.
3. His brother lost their co-owned business because the economy is in the tank.
4. He and his girl friend are losing the house, because he was in Iraq. (But she is working)
5. They are short-handed in Iraq.

6. Oh Yeah, his brother had to take a $5 an hour job working in what looks like a campaign phone bank. (Red, white, & blue name tag)

7. Our soldier is disgruntled, because we cannot defeat terrorism.

With Kerry trying to get our troops killed, his sister trying to openly demoralize our troops, and pump up the terrorists, Rather ignoring facts to continue his vendetta, and now mainstream "entertainment" has gone openly anti-american.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS has long been not only anti-war, but anti-MILITARY. From Vietnam days and Walter Cronkite, who misrepresented the rout of NV forces at Tet as the moment of our loss of the war in Vietnam.

There is a deep and pervasive anti-MILITARY agenda to any story CBS does that is related to the military.

As soon as people realize that, their defeatist message will become much easier to refute, ridicule and defeat.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have csi miami on cbs here in AZ

sounds like time to boycott more thsn just rather's ad /commercial items (sorry people, I know there's a name for these ads but I lose my words sometimes (a lot of times) - just everyday normal words... and thinking process) ; that's a big part of why I can't work anymore...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just don't seem to get it; we're no longer the "disconnected masses" before, all we had was to

1. Write letters to the editor (which were just thrown away or left to rot)
2. Hound them with phone calls and hope they would listen.

But those were all mainly done as individuals against the media, and state/national politicians. It’s not that way anymore we are now “connected” like a colony or “hive” if you would think of it that way.
When one is attacked we all know about it and respond in accordance to what has transpired.

On a further note, I’ve been reading allot on the Kerry's idea of giving control of our armed forces to the U.N. and NATO. Um he should be careful … very very very careful because though our soldiers are ordered to defend this nation from all enemies both foreign and domestic, their oath does not bind them to blindly follow an idiots orders that would jeopardize this country.

And just one last thought for the liberal lemmings and the rest of their cohorts in the Axis of Weasles!

NOWHERE on any bullet, bomb, missile, artillery round or any other weapon or delivery system at our militaries disposal are stamped the words “NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to enjoy the show "Law & Order" I thought it was an interesting look at how our criminal justice system works. I got so tired of listening to the little leftist "messages" inserted into each episode that I gave up. I have cable and rarely watch network tv, these days. I mean, for Pete's sake, I was raised in a home where my mom was making near nightly phone calls to CBS back in the 60's, complaining about Uncle Walty (The Most Believable Man in America) and the news coverage. Navy_Navy_Navy is so right, C?BS! is anti-military to the nth degree.

Back when possums ruled the earth I was a poli sci major in college (the only conservative poli sci student in the history of the University, I think) and I helped develop a class meant to point out the lies the media tells, how it tells them, and why. (I had a retired Naval officer as my prof and mentor, btw) I used old 60's and early 70's era clips from C?BS! and Walter Cronkite. I have always hoped those classes played a small part in the eventual unravelling of the OIM.

azpatriot: Axis of Weasels! LOL!! I love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: