SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS Concludes was misled--will do investigation. YEAH RIGHT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThaLeena
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: CBS Concludes was misled--will do investigation. YEAH RIGHT Reply with quote

To add onto the previous AP post, here's what we have been waiting for.

THE NEWS MEDIA
CBS News Concludes It Was Misled on National Guard Memos, Network Officials Say
By JIM RUTENBERG

Published: September 20, 2004

After days of expressing confidence about the documents used in a "60 Minutes'' report that raised new questions about President Bush's National Guard service, CBS News officials have grave doubts about the authenticity of the material, network officials said last night.

Those officials, who asked not to be identified, said CBS News would most likely make an announcement as early as today that it had been deceived about the documents' origins, and that it was mounting an intensive news investigation of where they came from.

Rest of story is at. Got this from Drudge
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/20/politics/campaign/20guard.html
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep looks like they're going to try and tattoo this on Burkett's A** and slip away

Don't think so Danny Boy Mr. Green
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CBS News officials have grave doubts about the authenticity of the material

As opposed to blind acceptance?

Quote:
mounting an intensive news investigation of where they came from

Let me get this straight: They are protecting their source (which was qualified as "unimpeachable"), but they need to investigate to find him first?

These people are sooooo in denial.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Rather, he is my hero. First he hides behind the skirts of some old lady, then he hides behind some mentally unstable Democractic jihadist.

C?BS! claiming they were "mislead" is just a dog that ain't gonna hunt. The truth is that Rather conspired with the Demofascists to create a scandal to affect the election, and that is a violation of federal election law, and I don't care what the meaning of is is. They can spin it this way and that, and the truth is that their "rush to judgement" was a direct result of their desire to smear the President.

So Rather flew out (first class, no autographs, please) to convince Burkett to fall on his sword. That's very honorable. Did Rather take a DNC cleric with him, or did Ayatollah Dan go it alone so there would be fewer witnesses?

FOX News is doing a huge expose on the Oil for Terrorists, I mean, Oil for Food, program and what is C?BS! talking about? Bush's TANG service.

Big, bad muckrackers. OOhhhhh...Bush missed a physical! Call 9-1-1. Stop the presses!

Meanwhile, France, Russia and China and the UN itself made billions of dollars embargo busting, money that is now believed to be funding terrorists and insurgents, money that has been converted into weapons of death used against our troops, and C?BS! wants to talk about missed physicals. And Rather has the GALL to suggest that FOX News reporters are sell-outs? Dan Rather's arrogance is breath-taking.

And finally: what is more disgusting-- That a handful of media elites are brazenly attempting to control the election, or that so many of our fellow citizens seem willing to allow it?

Last edited by Kimmymac on Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:

And finally: what is more disgusting-- That a handful of media elites are brazenly attempting to control the election, or that so many of our fellow citizens seem willing to allow it?

*Sigh* That is the question, isn't it. Crying or Very sad

A soft society, a soft set of ethics, a soft set of values. Just don't get in the way of the National Jackass Poker Apprentice Society season premiere, y'all....
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOOYA!!!

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather was so sure that he would make September a month from hell for President Bush and look what happens. We now get to watch Rather and CBS Evening News IMPLODE big time.

And, I can't wait to see what the despicable leader of the DNC; Terry (what's his name) has to say. I'm sure the name Rove will come up in his statement somewhere.

So, CBS admitting the documents were forgeries will keep this story on all the news programs for another week helping Bush's ratings in the polls even more.

Gee, should we think Rather for blowing this one? I can't wait to watch his news program on Monday.... COURAGE DAN!!
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another smokescreen from CBS. Now CBS was misled...before it was "unimpeachable source"...Dan Rather never being "more confident of a story in my life." This is their desperate attempt to get the camaras off them.
curtis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS Headline for Monday

**BREAKING NEWS-- DOCUMENTS THE WHOLE WORLD KNEW WERE FAKE, BUT CBS BLINDLY INSISTED WERE AUTHENTIC, ACTUALLY ARE FAKE**

followed up with another CBS newsflash

**BREAKING NEWS-- VOTE FOR KERRY ANYWAYS, DAMMIT**

I think this is the way Dan Rather is really thinking about now. I will never respect anything from CBS news again unless Rather and the other partisans who ran this story are fired.

Curtis
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmy.....Would you tell us how you really feel about this?

I love your passion and way with words.

So a comment by a man who has been dead for over 20 years about a missed physical that did not need to be taken caused Rather to demand "Mr President, answer the question", yet the sworn testimonies of dozens of men who are still alive about outright Kerry lies stirrs no curiosity.

We get mad because we have a sense of honor and fair play but look what all the duplicity has gotten the other side......shrinking polls. Maybe I should control my anger and think of ways to help them continue self destructing.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s very interesting, but as of midnight MST there is still no article on the CBS News website about CBS News finally admitting they blew it BIG TIME!!
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:
CBS News officials have grave doubts about the authenticity of the material

As opposed to blind acceptance?

Quote:
mounting an intensive news investigation of where they came from

Let me get this straight: They are protecting their source (which was qualified as "unimpeachable"), but they need to investigate to find him first?

These people are sooooo in denial.

As I said last night, I think they got the documents from Burkett but, due to his very open instability, they wanted someone to vouch for him--That would have been Max Cleland--I think that he is who they consider to be 'unimpeachable'--And he'll say "I never saw the papers and didn't vouch for their authenticity--I just said that I thought that Burkett was OK--I had no idea he would be involved in anything so underhanded--Golly gee whiz, I feel just AWFUL"--

Fact is, despite the fact that multiple felonies are involved in this mess, from forging military documents to attemptint to effect the outcome of a federal election through fraud, I doubt that anyone will ever be tried, let alone convicted of anything in this 'cause everyone will be pointing fingers at everyone else--C
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comon danny, lets hear it, just say "I'm sorry Mr. President."
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Rather apologize to the Bloggers for calling them LIARS ???
I think a religious event would happen first.
You know, Hell Freezing Over.
GaryD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: C BS Concludes Reply with quote

Once a gain we will hear from CBS that the "Forged" Document are really real "Forged Documents". Duh?
Expect any time now for Dan to appear in Fatigues again,Helmut in hand, Sand blowing, with another Special Forged Report.

NEW YORK TIMES, Sunday Want ADS:

Wanted : Very Rusty Samarai Sword(maybe 3 or 4)
Please contact CBS, NYC
D. Rather

It doesn't get any betther than this!!! Consider the Free Entertainment as a Bonus.!! Ya gotta Love it.

G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: