SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rant on Dan Rather's ARROGANCE and BIAS (Rated R)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Rant on Dan Rather's ARROGANCE and BIAS (Rated R) Reply with quote

I am pissed. This mother (Mod Edit) is such an arrogant bast@rd, I can't stand it. This is the guy who was raising funds for the Democratic party. This is the guy who is the most liberally biased of all the MSM, yet he is the most adamant that there is no liberal bias.

60 Minutes has run at least 4 (Mod Edit) hit pieces on GWB this election season, and none on Kerry. They have egg on their face for this bull**** attempt to smear our President, but they have maintained it has nothing to do with any bias. All of the other MSM have backed CBS as not doing this out of any bias against the President, even Bill O'Reilly has defended CBS on this.

It is so (Mod Edit) obvious, it's making me ill. Does anyone, for one gosh-darn second believe cBS would have aired any of these stories if it was against Kerry? (if you do, take a look at how cBS covered the honorable and truthful SBVFT). Does anyone believe Burkett would get an interview now if he was a Republican. Liberal bias has got to become a legitimate part of the discussion in the MSM. Rather is apologizing for poor journalism, without admitting how his ideology affected his reporting. (Mod Edit), this gets me mad.

I apologize for my language on this post, but I'm really stinking angry.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing Staudt wasn't around to ask you to sugar-coat it. Very Happy

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoEagles,

Has it occurred to you that John Kerry just delivered the speech of his life this morning at NYU (all televised by FOX) and now Dan Rather's "confession" has upstaged his speech?

In the 24-hour news cycle, 1 hour is an eternity. Kerry will lose all traction from his speech because Dan Rather is a newshog. I think it is too funny.

The liberals are destroying each other before our eyes.

Last edited by Nomorelies on Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First we get mad--then we get even.

Maybe this will help soothe you a little: Rather and C?BS! have managed to do more for Bush's re-election effort than 50 million dollars worth of ads could have possibly done.

Even if we accept that Kerry's people had nothing to do with C?BS! and Dan Rather's ham handed attempts to hijack this election, the net result is unmistakeably that Bush looks trustworthy and Kerry looks tainted, at minimum.

It reminds me of the Bible verse, "...he meant it for evil but I (the Lord) meant it for good." It also reminds me of the verse "No weapon formed against me shall prosper."

Everything the Kerry campaign, the DNC and the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media) attempts seems to become a boomerang that smacks them in the back of their skulls, laying them face-down in their own dirt.

Here is another Bible verse to think about: "He who raises himself up shall be brought low, but he who humbles himself shall be raised up."

Think about those verses in light of Rather, Bush, and Kerry.

I go for a run when I get that mad, GoEagles. Smile Sometimes it takes 5 miles...
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies and Kimmymac - thanks, that helped. Starting to smile again.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm just as mad as you GoEagles! I like what Nomorelies and Kimmymac said.

Never in my life have I felt like taking action before and if I lived in DC or NYC I would be there protesting this afternoon.

I'm speechless and distrsaught to say the least...... I know it's time to sit down, take a deep breath, and think of what to do.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoEagles, you just said what I've been feeling for quite some time. Kudos to you for stating it so well.

(>>>>watch out, cat...you get it next!>>>) Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: