SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Senator McCain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Letter to Senator McCain Reply with quote

Senator McCain

Sir, I just have one question for you. What make you more important than me? I would really like to hear your answer to that. You don’t think that anyone should talk about Senator Kerry’s history in the military, I think they should. So what makes your view so much more important than mine? I happen to think that Senator Kerry’s military record is very important in the debate as to whether or not he should be President of the United States and lead our military. Whether true or false makes no difference in this discussion, because I think they have shown enough information to back up their claims against Senator Kerry. Enough information to warrant a further look into the matter. Everyone against the Swift Vets say they are lying, but no where have I been shown what they are lying about, all I hear is it’s a lie, and on almost every point when someone has said that it is a lie, it is shown to me that more than likely it is true what the Swift Vets are saying.

Most of the time when some cries dirty politics is when its against the person they want to win, or it is about them. I openly support the Swift Boat Vet’s and President Bush, and I for one am glad that I live in a country that gives them the right to speak out in what they and I believe is the truth. You don’t think anybody should speak about someone’s military past, so I must conclude that you don’t think it is important. That Sir is utter nonsense, what if someone was a deserter? I guess you don’t think that would matter? What if someone had committed war crimes? I guess you don’t think that matter either? What if someone had used the military system of honor for their own gain? I guess you don’t think that matters ?

You say it doesn’t matter, I say it does. So I ask you again, what makes you more important than me? What makes you more important than the Honorable Navy Veterans that served with Senator Kerry. These men are not just someone who walked off the street and started saying these things. These are the same men who worked and lived with the man. These are the same men who know what could of happened or what did happen. They are just as credible as Senator Kerry and more credible than you in this matter.

You say they are dishonorable for stating their view, you have publicly came out and said this. I sir think you are the one who is dishonorable. You attack them for their views but no where have I seen you attack Senator Kerry or his campaign for their statements about President Bush’s military service.

So yes, I will openly call you dishonorable for this. For the way I see it, you say you are campaigning for President Bush, but every time I see you talking it sounds like you are campaigning for Senator Kerry. So like I said before, most of the time when some cries dirty politics is when its against the person they want to win.

On a last note, I also call you a hypocrite, because I seem to remember that you have played a little dirty politics in your past also.

And Before you put this off as a right wing attack, I will let you know Sir that I have been a Democrat all my life, but that will be changing after the November election. And I’ll be damned if I will vote for a traitor and a coward.

Good Day Sir

This letter will be sent first thing in the morning, I do not want it going by e-mail for I will sign my name just as John Hancock signed his.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH! Nice!

The internet & email systems are gonna kill these guys (bet they are cussing Al Gore!!!) Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC...MOST EXCELLENT!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Letter to McCain Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing and sending this letter. I think I will
be doing the same after reading yours...but I think I want to
cover in my letter why McCain was against Kerry and then
liked him once they started working together on the POW/MIA
issue - what would make McCain change his views? Worth
finding out, I think. I think it is time for McCain to get off
the fence.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice post!!
don't hold your breath waiting for a reply though
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good letter! Good job, BC! You know, I have not liked or trusted McCain since 2000. I got into a lot of arguments with old friends from the Navy days over McCain. I was in Coronado, CA before the election of 2000 (huge high ranking retired Naval officer pop--I say high ranking because it is outrageously expensive place to live, so we mere mortals can not hang our hat there unless we are guests Wink ) and there were McCain signs everywhere. My husband knows "Trey" from his days in the Navy and let's just say I have never been impressed by what I know of him. And maybe that better be all I say on that.

McCain was the golden boy of the media, if you recall, and widely preferred by them over W. That alone is enough to make one suspicious. My personal feeling was that the media wanted the Reps to nominate him so they could destroy him later, and therefore elect Gore.

If the RNC thought trotting McCain out at the convention was helpful to W, fine. But as for me, I would keep my back to the wall in any room I was in with McCain.
larryivy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: McCains not the only Kerry Supporter Reply with quote

Do you think its all coincidence that LUGAR, HAGEL, AND MCCAIN ALL appeared on the Sunday shows helping Kerry kick off his "Bush is incompentent in Iraq campaign" ? MSM knows they can have these guys on and they will c**p right at the door of the tent. The dems are already using them in their talking points on the news today. The will erase in one week what this group has done for the past month.

Sorry guys but this is what happens when you vote in Senators based on their service in Vietnam rather than their ability to author and pass good legislation. Remember old John boy brought us campaign finance reform and we all know how well that was thought out and written.

After the past year in the news does anyone doubt that Max Cleland was too stupid to serve in the US Senate ?

Larry
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
nice post!!

I agree, it was a good post, and reflects my own sentiments as well.

But, I really want to emphasize your remark abut not holding one's breath in anticipation if a reply. ANY reply, will be a long time coming, if at all, we are talking months, not days. Having sent my own posts to McCain I can verify this to be true, and most likely it will be answered by his staff, if it does indeed get answered.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
powsnmias wrote:
nice post!!

I agree, it was a good post, and reflects my own sentiments as well.

But, I really want to emphasize your remark abut not holding one's breath in anticipation if a reply. ANY reply, will be a long time coming, if at all, we are talking months, not days. Having sent my own posts to McCain I can verify this to be true, and most likely it will be answered by his staff, if it does indeed get answered.

yea I agree with you guys, but it made me feel better just to write it and send it. Smile I might just make a copy to send to Bush.
MsSpiffy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought myself to write him a letter. Yesterday especially when he said that what happened 30 years ago was not important. It is (to me as I am not a vet) that it is important as to the character of a person. Not just one instance, but the years afterwards which still reflect those same leanings and views. One cannot have it both ways. If Kerry was against war - against Vietnam - then that's fine. But the question then is why has he been using this same thing (Vietnam) to be a "hero" and honored veteran ? doesn't make sense to me. They are having no problems acquiring the FOIA President Bushs records but Kerry's? I think that even a moron could figure out that if you won't release records the perhaps there is something to hide? McCain should know this. While he wants to appear to be "above it all" or Mr. Congeniality, what really comes across is that he strives to be on tv shows and Mr. Popular. Oh, I think he might suspect (or even know ) the truth but .........well, there ya go.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would McCain start liking Kerry during their POW/MIA committee tenure? Hmmm. We know about Kerry's Collier's connection. Any chance some stock was slipped to McCain about this time?
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of being smacked by Admin I am compelled to provide my own McCain story to, perhaps, help explain his actions.
When I retired to Arizona I contacted John just as a courtesy. He put me on his small (about seven of us) Board which screened and selected his Service Academy nominees (great process by the way and I credit him with not politicizing it). I was in a smaller group of fellow vets who got together with him to support him during the Keating scandal. As an executive of a GOP District organization I often saw him and sometime was a guest at he and Cindy's house.
Some dozen years ago I decided to run for Mayor of Scottsdale, primarily because the incumbent would be running unopposed for the fifth time and was a classic big spender. Before announcing, I gave John the courtesy of a personal heads-up. I got the renowned McCain temper tantrum (the Mayor had been a strong McCain supporter). John wasn't interested in my reasoning nor my contention voters deserve a choice. I ran, lost 63-37% and was cut from all further discourse with him.
That may help explain him. He does what is best for John McCain, period and now is positioning himself for any outcome of this election, whether it be '08 or being in a Kerry Administration. Exclamation
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Arizona Vets should work to defeat McCain Reply with quote

John McCain's dismissal of the SBVT claims, which he labeled "dishonorable and dishonest" has greatly complicated the effort to get the MSM to give John O'Neill's claims a fair hearing. They are routinely dismissed as "unsubstantiated" or, as I noted in an article by Tumulty and Duffy in the Sept. 20 issue of Time Magazine as "reckless and unfair."

McCain's reputation for integration has probably helped the MSM rationalize its failure to investigate the SBVT claims about Kerry's medals and other aspects of his performance in a balanced and fair way.

I hope Vets in Arizona will muster to work to remove McCain from office. What he has done to the Swiftees is dishonorable and dishonest, and it has made it that much harder for SBVT to get a fair hearing in the liberal mainstream media.

You can protest the Tumulty/Duffy characterization of the SBVT claims about Kerry by sending an email to letters@time.com .

We need to keep up the pressure on the media. If it hadn't been for the bloggers, Dan Rather's attempt to help the Kerry campaign smear George Bush might have succeeded.
mathman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Sen. McCain's status Reply with quote

Senator: in 1991 you adamantly opposed looking for more US military who might still be in Vietnam. Why? In late 2003 you were frequently rumored to be on the Democratic short list. Why? Were you deep programmed while you were in a Vietnamese prison camp? What harm to us did your captors want to achieve? Now you adamantly oppose a strict and accurate accounting for the exact whereabouts and activities of John Forbes Kerry, who comes to us as a potential President of the United States. Again, why?
May we consider Sen. Kerry's voting record in the Senate? Or is that also off limits? May we consider the content of Sen. Kerry's speeches as he campaigns? Or are these also off limits?
SOMEONE clearly, in your opinion, has appointed you CHIEF SPOKESMAN for all veterans. Who?
Inquiring minds would like to know.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueGrit:
I'm an Az Vet and can tell you that there's nothing on the the horizon that threatens McCain's (Did I tell you he was a POW?) dirty grip on Barry Goldwater's senate seat. He derives as much support from the Dems as he does from the RINO riven Rs. Insulting the state electorate is a favorite passtime for John McCain (Did I tell you he was a POW?). A continuing battle with the major Phoenix daily hasn't dented him either.

BC:
A great sentiment wasted on the undeserving. John McCain (Did I tell you he was a POW?) has his own agenda (SecDef for Kerry me-thinks).
Why is he more important than you?
-He married the richest girl in town (after dumping his first) did you?
-Charlie Keating gave him $100,000s not you.
-His 2000 primary run was largely financed by shaking down companies before before his Commerce Committee...match that!
-He dines with Barbara Walters and Dan Rather and you don't.
-His father was an admiral and your's wasn't.
AND.... John McCain (Did I tell you he was a POW?).

I can empathize with the long suffering of his confinement but losing an aircraft over Hanoi and getting blown up on the Oriskany seem more happenstance than heroic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: