SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who’s the SOURCE???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Who’s the SOURCE??? Reply with quote

With Rather’s retraction, the question is who is the source, Burkett says he only passed the documents along. Documents with not only bogus verbiage but also the forged signatures of a dead man. My apologies if any of Jerry Killian’s family read this. But there is still a coverup here and I think it leads to the Kerry campaign, not the DNC because I think Terry McC wants to ensure a Kerry loss. Again, maybe it was the DNC, I know too conspiratatorial(-5 sp), but we are talking about people with hiden agendas.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burkett contacted Max Cleland with information that he could damage Bush regarding the Guard issue. Cleland reffered him to Kerrys campaign.
For that reason I think the forgeries are of Burketts making, not Kerry or the DNC (though I think they ran it to CBS or CBS to Burkett).
I am willing to bet that burkett himself or someone he knows well made the actual forged documents.
The larger conspiracy lays between Burkett, CBS, the DNC and the Kerry Campaign. I have a strong suspicion that they all saw these documents before they were aired and that despite reservations about authenticity ran with it. I just do not believe they counted on the reaction out in the Cyber World. They wanted to tank Bush and took a huge gamble, now it is just a matter of how far the investigation will go from here, there is blood in the water and the sharks are in a feeding frenzy now.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
I think the forgeries are of Burketts making, not Kerry or the DNC

I'm concerned about the formatting issues. As a Guard LtCol, Burkett should have had enough Air Force writing experience (and copies of valid documents) to at least get the formating correct. I knew from MY Air Force experience that they were phony the first time I saw them.

I don't think Burkett wrote them - they were written by someone with no prior Air Force exposure.

"MEMO TO FILE" - my foot!
John Gault
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burkett was ARMY National Guard not Air National Guard
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. _ Ayn Rand
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Gault wrote:

Ah, somehow I had missed THAT point!

When I heard he had a "beef" with the State of Texas because of something he had "caught" in Panama, I though he was Air Guard because the Guard/Reserve forces rotated people through Howard AFB for years in support of "Volant Oak".

Thanks.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
John Gault wrote:

Ah, somehow I had missed THAT point!

When I heard he had a "beef" with the State of Texas because of something he had "caught" in Panama, I though he was Air Guard because the Guard/Reserve forces rotated people through Howard AFB for years in support of "Volant Oak".

Thanks.

From what i gather he is also operating under some kind of "diminished capacity". He has a lot of non-sequiter rantings out there.
He was self medicating for some time, (although that might have helped him), but he has an elusive mental condition.
It seems no matter where he is, he ain't all there.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he's apparently had at least one nervous breakdown - possibly two.

Avowed Bush-hater and grudge carrier.

Very credible witness, hm? Rolling Eyes

(Edited to remove references to Barnes - yep, indeedy, I was getting the two of them mixed up! Wink )

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
retire05
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Burkett's History Reply with quote

It is my understanding that Burkett filed for disability benefits under his Guard service. It was determined that his disability was NOT Guard related and thereby denied. He appealed and lost the appeal. That is apparently when Burkett decided to hate Bush. I was told that Bush was Governer at the time.
I have a friend who served at Camp Mabry, 38 year Guardsman. I will call him tomorrow and ask it he knew Burkett. This friend of mine is a yellow dog Texas Democrat but told me that all the flack about Bush's TxANG record is just so much bull. He's really is a stew. Democrat but hates Kerry.
Hope he can shed some light on this for us.
Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy-navy-navy,

I think you're confusing Ben Barnes and Bill Burkett. Barnes is the former Texas Lt. Gov. whose daughter says he is lying about helping get GWB into the Guard. Burkett is the retired Texas Army National Guard guy and chief suspect in the memo flap. They both seem to share Kerry's views on honesty.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion so don't tear me a new one ok. I think that Barnes is behind the writing of the memo's, he knew that Burkett was stupid and would make a nice fall guy. He also knew that Burkett would run with it considering his axe to grind thing. Also Barnes has a book out that as I understand repeats the same jargon that was in the memo's, boost for the credability for his pack of lies in his book. Barnes is solidly linked to Kerry, therefore Kerry is involved and knew everything. Also Kerry ran ads based on those memo's within 24 hours of the release. Anybody knows that you can't make a commercial and get it aired in 24 hours, it has to go through a process of approval from the candidate and the party and also funding, logistics etc. Barnes and Burkett will go down for Kerry but America is not stupid. Seems Kerry was trying to compare Bush to Nixon and watergate, Vietnam stuff but the true Nixon look alike is Kerry. Semper Fi.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Also Barnes has a book out that as I understand repeats the same jargon that was in the memo's, boost for the credability for his pack of lies in his book. Barnes is solidly linked to Kerry, therefore Kerry is involved and knew everything. Also Kerry ran ads based on those memo's within 24 hours of the release. Anybody knows that you can't make a commercial and get it aired in 24 hours, it has to go through a process of approval from the candidate and the party and also funding, logistics etc.

Good catch. The CBS interview with Barnes was pre-taped, as was the DNC ad using the clip from the interview. There were probably DNC people at the interview, ok'ing how they wanted things said, since they were going simultaneously with the ad.
Barnes is a texas boy, but he also has a house in Mass. About a block from Kerry's is what i read.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They even picked a bad patsy, he is now pointing fingers at Lockhart being involved. Sean Hannity has been pounding the fact that this not just dirty politics as the left want's you to believe, it is a crime and need's to be pursued by the legal authority. To take the moonbat DA from that area out of the equasion it should be prosectuted by the Federal Authority. It is a Federal crime. That DA is the same one that is getting indictments for the Republican fund raising incident. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: