SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concord Monitor: For Swift boat vet, words still sting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Concord Monitor: For Swift boat vet, words still sting Reply with quote

Nice article on Bob Morgan, signer.

Quote:
For Swift boat vet, words still sting
Former officer challenging Kerry's service
By AMANDA PARRY
Monitor staff
September 18. 2004 2:54PM

Every few years since the early 1990s, Bub Morgan has met up with Navy pals from his time in Vietnam. But at a 2003 reunion in Norfolk, Va., Morgan was surprised and unhappy to spy a vet he hadn't seen in years.

"When John Kerry arrived I said to my friend, 'What is he doing here?'" said Morgan, a Wilmot resident and former officer in charge of a Navy Swift boat.

Morgan's disdain for the Massachusetts senator stemmed from Kerry's assertion in the early 1970s that Americans had committed atrocities in Vietnam.

Earlier this year, with Kerry running for president, Morgan was one of 192 Navy veterans to sign a letter asking Kerry to release his military records and to "correct misconceptions" about his conduct in Vietnam. The letter from the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth - now numbering close to 260 - also accused Kerry of "grossly and knowingly (distorting) the conduct of American soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen."

"We wanted the American people to know the truth about Kerry's service," Morgan said. "We feel the American people should know what kind of character this man has."

Concord Monitor con't
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article:

Quote:
Morgan said his decision to participate had nothing to do with party politics. He is registered independent, and he said he'd be doing the same thing if Kerry were a Republican.

"I just felt it was about time we all spoke up," he said. "I feel like Kerry has been using us for his political career for a long time. It needs to stop."

Amen, brother.

Good article. My second favorite quote:

Quote:
What is he doing here?

I've asked that question myself, many times.
PatS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is still at it today!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6009011/
Interview with Don Imus—September 15, 2004

IMUS: "That's what they're angry at you about." (anti-war activism and war crime stories)
KERRY: "Yes, that is what they're angry -- and I understand that, Don, but I had the courage to stand up -- look, I went, I did my duty, I came back, I saw what I saw, and I told the truth. If some people have trouble with that still, I'm sorry about it"

Saw what he saw?
Told the truth?
This man can not LEARN!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, he'll be even sorrier come November 3.

I get angry everytime I hear Kerry's words. My wife is getting tired of me yelling and cussing at the TV, but she understands Laughing . His words hurt many more than he may realize and no, he didn't tell the truth nor did he "see what he saw." By his own admission, he never saw anything, in his scant 4 months, like he testified to.

Once again, he's attempting to have it both ways, being a heroic protestor and war hero at the same time. Rolling Eyes
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only can he not learn, he's a bold faced liar as well.

Quote:
IMUS: Do you think there are any circumstances we should have gone to war in Iraq -- any?

KERRY: Not under the current circumstances, no, there are none that I see. I voted based on weapons of mass destruction. The president distorted that and I've said that. I mean, look, I can't be clearer. But I think it was the right vote based on what Saddam Hussein had done, and I think it was the right thing to do to hold him accountable. I've said a hundred times, there was a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. The president chose the wrong way. Can't be more direct than that.

He "chose the wrong way?" Back in 1997, Kerry is quoted in the Congressional Record as saying;

Quote:
"It is not possible to overstate the ominous implications for the Middle East if Saddam were to develop and successfully militarize and deploy potent biological weapons. We can all imagine the consequences.

Extremely small quantities of several known biological weapons have the capability to exterminate the entire population of cities the size of Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. These could be delivered by ballistic missile, but they also could be delivered by much more pedestrian means; aerosol applicators on commercial trucks easily could suffice. If Saddam were to develop and then deploy usable atomic weapons, the same holds true." (Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 11/9/97, pp. S12254 -S12255)

'[Saddam Hussein] cannot be permitted to go unobserved and unimpeded toward his horrific objective of amassing a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. This is not a matter about which there should be any debate whatsoever in the Security Council, or, certainly, in this Nation."(Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 11/9/97, pp. S12254 -S12255)

"In my judgment, the Security Council should authorize a strong U.N. military response that will materially damage, if not totally destroy, as much as possible of the suspected infrastructure for developing and manufacturing weapons of mass destruction, as well as key military command and control nodes. Saddam Hussein should pay a grave price, in a currency that he understands and values, for his unacceptable behavior. This should not be a strike consisting only of a handful of cruise missiles hitting isolated targets primarily of presumed symbolic value." (Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 11/9/97, pp. S12254 -S12255)

"Were its willingness to serve in these respects to diminish or vanish because of the ability of Saddam to brandish these weapons, then the ability of the United Nations or remnants of the gulf war coalition, or even the United States acting alone, to confront and halt Iraqi aggression would be gravely damaged." (Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 11/9/97, pp. S12254 -S12255)

"[W]hile we should always seek to take significant international actions on a multilateral rather than a unilateral basis whenever that is possible, if in the final analysis we face what we truly believe to be a grave threat to the well-being of our Nation or the entire world and it cannot be removed peacefully, we must have the courage to do what we believe is right and wise." (Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 11/9/97, pp. S12254 -S12255)

The entire speech may be accesed at;

Congressional Record, Kerry Speech, 11/9/97
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great article. Regarding Kerry's response to Imus, that sums it all up. If you realize this, you will understand their motivation: Liberals believe that a person is heralded for standing up for what they believe in, no matter what the cost to him, others, or his country. That's why they are all activists. This is why they do not care what Kerry did when he came back from Vietnam, and never will. They honor his 'courage' to make change. These are the types that would cave under torture, because loyalty is not their key value. The rest of us can't fathom that blatant disrespect and disloyalty.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember that the looney left hates the military, military suppliers, etc, etc. They would rather the military budget be available for all of their social programs. They have no understanding of the concept security through strength. They hated President Reagan's build up of the military. They want us to wimp out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: