SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everything bad in Iraq? Iraqi Airways says not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, MSM slips up in their "all negative" reporting from Iraq. Buried in USA Today "Travel" news :

Quote:
Iraqi Airways resumes international flights after 14 years

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2004-09-20-iraqi-airways_x.htm?POE=TRVISVA

I realize that's small progress, but it is progress. I also like the guy from
Iraqi Airways "independence", although, they DO have help from us, just not "welfare" style help...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled this out of a different thread because I thought it deserved some attention.

Everything may not be going according to the best laid plans, but everything isn't gloom and doom for Iraq, either.

Our military people and contractors are pulling off miracles!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, admin! Maybe anyone who has news like this, or links to sites like Chief Wiggles (I assume everyone here is familiar with that one!) can add something.

One other comment: In any long war, and, believe me, Iraq is just one battle in what is going to be a very long war, how much of the time does it look (back home) like things are "going according to the best laid plans"??? Probably not much, eh?

Do we have the stomach for a long and ugly war?? Dear God, I hope so, or we may not have heads!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Chief Wiggles!

I absolutely have to visit some of these blogs from Iraq and about the good news from Iraq sometimes or I would slit my wrists.

Even Fox would have you thinking that everything is a freakin' shambles over there - they almost totally ignore the great strides our people have made over there.

Worse is when I hear that the news media is demoralizing to our troops. That's the one aspect of their pizz-poor reporting that I absolutely cannot stomach.

The least we could do for these guys is keep faith with them, I would think?

We've got a long way to go - we've got the best military in the world that's all set to do whatever needs to be done, and yet some of us are sitting at home whining and listening to talking heads that rarely have anything good to say about what our people are doing and what they've done.

An AIRLINE is running for the first time in 14 years. That's OUR PEOPLE who made that possible!

Pop your buttons, people! Those are OURS!
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Good News From Iraq section on my blog and have been adding these little gems to the list as they come up.

To me the most powerful of the articles is the one about Iraqi's having local elections. Isn't that news worthy for MSM? Makes me nuts nobody hears about this stuff!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: