SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RNCs Response to Rather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: RNCs Response to Rather Reply with quote

This one should get the folks over at the underground howling moonbat site worked up.

http://www.gop.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=4719

Quote:
Washington, DC--Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie issued the following statement on CBS’s admission today that memos regarding the President’s National Guard service are not real.

“We accept CBS's apology for a breach of the journalistic standards that provide the American people confidence in news organizations, but some disturbing questions remain unanswered.

“CBS has now answered questions about the authenticity of the documents but questions remain surrounding who created the documents, who provided them to CBS and if Senator Kerry's supporters, Party committee, or campaign played any role.

“Did Bill Burkett, Democrat activist and Kerry campaign supporter, who passed information to the DNC, work with Kerry campaign surrogate Max Cleland? Did Bill Burkett's talks with ‘senior’ Kerry campaign officials include discussions of the now discredited documents? Was the launch of the Democrat National Committee's Operation Fortunate Son designed with knowledge of the faked forged memos? Terry McAuliffe said yesterday that no one at the DNC or Kerry campaign, ‘had anything to do with the preparations of the documents,’ but what about the distribution or dissemination?

“In an effort to regain the trust of the American people CBS should not only investigate the process that led to the use of these documents but they should identify immediately those engaged in possible criminal activity who attempted to use a news organization to affect the outcome of a Presidential election in its closing days.”

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...overheard at the DNC the night the memos were faxed to CBS, "Hey, Bubba, hold my beer. Watch this...." Wink
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great first step. CBS (the Cock and Bull Story network) has now admitted they have been outed. They cannot be let off the hook. It will take bloggers, FOX and and the rest of the new media to demand exposure of this important issue. Keep those letters and emails flowing.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that CBS has not admitted the documents were fake; all they've admitted to is that they couldn't verify them. May be an indication that they've not fully backed off yet.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail to CBS News and Leslie Moonves:

My opinion of today's news release by Dan Rather --- totally inadequate and nothing more than continued garbage by your organization.

The only thing worse that your report based on forged documents is that feeble worthless excuse for an apology today.

Now I know what CBS represents == Continuing Bull S**t

I also now recognize the LesLIE is appropriate name for Mr. Moonves

Your organization isn't worth the airwaves you broadcast over --- and air is free!!!

I will cease consuming anything related to CBS, CBSNews, Viacom. I believe you owe an apology to First Lady Laura Bush, President Bush, the entire Killian family, the entire nation.

I expect to see people fired --- starting with Dan Rather, Marla Mapes, and everyone who handled this story --- including the cameramen and copygirls.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the proper response to Rather is to give him the Boy Scout Sign, then tell him to "Read between the lines, Danny."
8dayweek
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Notice that CBS has not admitted the documents were fake; all they've admitted to is that they couldn't verify them. May be an indication that they've not fully backed off yet.

It's more sinister than that. If they admit they are forgeries, they have no legal ground to stand on with regards to the source, i.e., who sent SeeB.S. to Burkett. I think we all know the answer to that based on statements from Burkett himself, but expect SeeB.S. to do everything they can to avoid the forgery label.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-BS has lost it and they know it. They are sinking and piled high in deep. What an epitat for the pioneers of broadcasting and networking. Rolling Eyes
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RNC is doing a great first step and I am delighted they are now considering asking that CBS drop out as moderator in the Presidential Debates. Bob Shieffer was the scheduled CBS man to work the debates. I wonder if BS has the "courage" to step down voluntarily. The "Tiffany Network" has become the "Dollar General Network"- (full of worthless cr*p). Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: