SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memogate a non-starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Memogate a non-starter Reply with quote

At least according to DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe from a 20 Sep 2004 UPI release:

Quote:
"Now that we know what's not true, let's focus on the facts," Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe said in a statement regarding CBS's News' apology for broadcasting a Sept. 8 story about Bush's military service based on documents of dubious merit.

"Today we learned that George Bush did not earn enough points to qualify for an honorable discharge and that he has given three different explanations for why he missed his physical," McAuliffe continued in the statement.

"The American people already know that strings were pulled to get President Bush into the Guard; and while in the Guard he missed months of service and was grounded. ... But what we still don't know is why Bush didn't fulfill his duty to his country or why he has continued to lie to the American people about it," he said.

Democrats had used the CBS report in their charges that Bush did not fulfill his duty in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War.

That gets my vote for the most incredible spin I have ever encountered.

What a nasty, nasty man McAwful is.

reconflyer
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Memogate a non-starter Reply with quote

reconflyer wrote:
At least according to DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe from a 20 Sep 2004 UPI release:

Quote:
Today we learned that George Bush did not earn enough points to qualify for an honorable discharge...

That's not spin; that's a complete fabrication.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it ironic that they kept saying official military records supported Kerry's awards. Now, they can't accept official military records as supporting Bush's Honorable Discharge.

They don't care about spin any longer, just lie, lie, lie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I find it ironic that they kept saying official military records supported Kerry's awards. Now, they can't accept official military records as supporting Bush's Honorable Discharge.

They don't care about spin any longer, just lie, lie, lie.

The media is what I refere to as a bunch of "spin doctors". Lie, evade, dilude, dilute, and any other adjectives you can think of. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: