SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More proof: vets overwhelmingly support Bush!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: More proof: vets overwhelmingly support Bush! Reply with quote

But then, we already knew that.... right?

CBS.com... today.

Veterans and the 2004 Vote

In the 2004 campaign, President Bush is touting his record as Commander-in-Chief in the war on terror, while decorated Vietnam veteran John Kerry has often stood with his "band of brothers" in his ads and appearances. So far, that battle for veterans' votes is going to Bush: the President leads by a wide margin among veterans nationwide, 54% to 40%.

VOTE CHOICE 2004: KERRY VS. BUSH
(Among registered voters)

ALL
Kerry
49%
Bush
41%

VETERANS
Kerry
40%
Bush
54%

Kerry's eventual choice of running mate has the potential to alter the race for the veterans vote. Some have speculated that Kerry might form a ticket with GOP Senator John McCain, who is also a Vietnam veteran (although McCain has said he has no interest.) A Kerry-McCain ticket runs even with a Bush-Cheney ticket among veterans, with each side garnering 48% of the veterans vote.

In the meantime, however, veterans give the President much higher marks than other Americans for his job performance in handling Iraq and the war on terror, as well as handling his job overall.

VETERANS AND BUSH JOB APPROVAL

ALL
Overall
41%
Handling Iraq
34%
Handling the economy
36%
Handling foreign policy
37%
Handling war on terror
51%

VETERANS
Overall
51%
Handling Iraq
47%
Handling the economy
38%
Handling foreign policy
47%
Handling war on terror
65%

Veterans are also more likely than voters as a whole to say George W. Bush shares their priorities and their moral values.

Veteran voters in this poll are about as likely to call themselves Republicans as other voters, and more likely to call themselves Independents.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttt
kyleparr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veterans - I sincerely hope you do not share George Bush's values. He is a liar. I also understand that you hate John Kerry. I wish I had another cadidate to vote for and to provide all of you to consider.

George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Condoleeza Rice never fought in any war or served in any kind of regimented fashion. (That's right, George was in the National Guard drinking and dancing and getting Senators elected. I know) None of them give two ***** about the lives of our soldiers (see the 800 + dead and the total lack of coverage) and certainly do not care about Vets. (see their records on veterans benefits)

As you can see, veterans are NOT in line with the American people. This poll is indicative of how the country is leaning and what they think of George Bush and his values. It is time for all of us to consider what another 4 years of Bush means, what our children's future looks like, and how important our world and way of life is, versus insults from 30 years ago.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinion noted.
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
It is time for all of us to consider what another 4 years of Bush means, what our children's future looks like, and how important our world and way of life is, versus insults from 30 years ago.

I have already done so, sir. And in November I will be voting my conscience, as will you. That's the American way.

In the meantime I do feel that insults from 30 years ago can indicate what kind of person a man is today. And in John Kerry's case I see no indication that he is any different now than he was then.

I do not believe the limited glimpse of his vision he has provided so far is the correct path for this country to take. I do not believe that handing over our safety, our protection, our very lives to the keeping of the United Nations is the wisest course, given their history and the long standing bias against the United States held by the European countries.

I would much rather keep a man who will not hesitate to do whatever it takes to defend this country, regardless of what others may think, than one who would seek permission to eradicate those who brought us 9/11.

I would much rather keep a man who seeks the council of those who would take the fight to the enemy than a man who seeks the council of those who brought us Somalia under Bill Clinton.

I would much rather keep a man who has the respect of the young men and women of our military and who returns that respect ten fold, than a man who willingly and deliberately sold out those who fought and bled with him.

Come November we will all do what is right. The course, no....the very survival of our nation will depend on the outcome.

In spite of what those associates of yours may believe, this is not a game we are playing here. We are not a bunch of bitter, deluded old men rehashing old grievances. We are good men and women, many of who sacrifice their youths in service of this country. We are involved, we are concerned citizens of the United States of America who see a need to bring out what we see as the truth, in spite of the efforts of those who share your views and hopes.

The fact that you truly believe that members of the current administration do not give "two *****" about the lives of our soldiers speaks volumes, sir. It speaks of blind hatred, hatred that would cause you to choose any path, any candidate, other than George W. Bush. Sadly you are not alone.

I can only hope and pray that the hatred you and other espouse does not lead us to make a choice in November that will, in the end, cause us to pay a price so deep and so painful that we will cease to be the great nation we are.

These are dire times... I assure you that I for one take nothing lightly, and I do not believe you do either. Repect that we have that in common at least, even if you cannot respect my decision.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ3 wrote:

In the meantime I do feel that insults from 30 years ago can indicate what kind of person a man is today. And in John Kerry's case I see no indication that he is any different now than he was then.

BZ's shipmate - great post, right on the money.

John Kerry has continued his pattern of slandering and lying about his brothers and sisters and misrepresenting his own service right up to the publication of "Tour of Duty."

That was THIS year.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KYLEPARR wrote:

'Veterans - I sincerely hope you do not share George Bush's values. He is a liar. I also understand that you hate John Kerry. I wish I had another cadidate to vote for and to provide all of you to consider.

George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Condoleeza Rice never fought in any war or served in any kind of regimented fashion. (That's right, George was in the National Guard drinking and dancing and getting Senators elected. I know) None of them give two ***** about the lives of our soldiers (see the 800 + dead and the total lack of coverage) and certainly do not care about Vets. (see their records on veterans benefits) '

Kyleparr so they didn;t serve the way you wanted but I'll bet you sure voted for Clinton -a REAL LIAR and draft doger who 'escaped to the UK and probably burned our flag and ignorded Osama for 8 years!!! As far as 800+ dead we all want 0 dead BUT I guess you are not counting the 3000+ at the WTC that caused us to even attack anyone in the first place . This website is run by people who have seen a lot more than 800 dead in a year!!! Some of them saw first hand and remember the KIA's in Vietnam were 500-600- a MONTH!!!!!! in 67-68. They never have said they 'endorse' Bush as a group-READ THEIR LETTER. But they know Kerry from then and they will not stop saying he is unfit to serve because he betrayed ALL veterans for his anti-war activities and vote after vote in the Congress and the Senate show how he and Ted Kennedy are anti defense and continue to try to weaken the military. They WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR HIS ANTI-WAR LIES IN 1970-1972. There is no litmus test here for supporting BUSH but few here will vote for Kerry.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton lied - noone died. I am not excusing his behavior.

The 3000 people in the WTC are not what we are fighting in Iraq about.

None of this matters becuase noone here is listening.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were leaving? Oh, I forgot, you're a Kerry supporter - FLIP -FLOP!
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Veterans it is our time to be heard! Reply with quote

A simple majority is not enough!

70% of the veteran vote is not enough.

We were betrayed by Kerry.

America needs to know.

It will go down in history that in 2004 the veterans came out and used the polls to say shame on you John Kerry and to the rest of the anti veteran crowd he hangs with.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: