SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Silver Star
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, frankly, the information here from Navy Chief backs up the information provided by those supporting the medal in this particular action. NavyChief is showing the fleeing Viet Cong had a loaded rocket launcher with him and also that the boats took fire. Ten viet cong killed and the surprise maneuver apparently was pretty effective, regardless of whether it was planned in advance and whether they may have hoped they got medals. I suppose if someone wants to complain that Kerry hoped for medals, that is really not as big a crime as some were accusing him of regarding lying about this event when it now shows the facts back up the medal.

I think it's really good that the truth, whether it supports or disagrees with Kerry, is important to get at, and I think NavyChief did the honorable thing by pointing out the facts. What we make of them is up to us. But personally I'm less annoyed at Kerry over this particular action now. He was being accused implicitly of chasing down a wounded, cowering, unarmed kid and shooting him in the back, and clearly this enemy combatant was armed and had already used the launcher and they'd taken fire likely from others too, since it said all the boats were under fire, but the fact that they only killed one in that part of the action doesn't mean more hadn't fled. (Deleted by Admin)

Admin note: Your Kerry talking point totalizer is now activated. I would suggest that a discussion of facts as opposed to your "opinion" as to the motivation of the SBVT will be much more conducive to your longevity in this forum.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary wrote:
I think it's really good that the truth, whether it supports or disagrees with Kerry, is important to get at, and I think NavyChief did the honorable thing by pointing out the facts.

Ahhhh, well - as interested as you are in the truth, then you will, no doubt, be absolutely beside yourself as the analysis starts coming out of the files that have been so carefully scanned by our fabulous volunteers at the Naval Archives. Wink

And since you people seem to insist that Naval documents are the only credible source of truth, you'll be really happy to see that your boy is nailed to the wall using official, original Navy reports and forms.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin Note:

To the Forum:

Please be aware that these wholesale deletions of NavyChief posts are not being done by forum staff but by Navy Chief.

Thanks
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the 'combat V device' re Silver Star, on Kerry's
DD214 (release from active duty) , been explained?
I find it odd that two wierd things happen on the
same (Silver Star) incident, those two things would be the
'combat V mistake', and Lehman's denial of knowledge
of his signing of the (third) cert.
Also, I am very curious as to when Kerry's DD24 (r. from active)
was typed (or retyped).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: