SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Money paid for the documents?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Money paid for the documents????? Reply with quote

Well, I think people may be missing a very important aspect of the email sent from Bill Burkett to Max Cleland.

Quote:
"I asked if they wanted to counterattack or ride this to ground and outlast it, not spending any money. [Mr. Cleland] said counterattack. So I gave them the information to do it with," Mr. Burkett wrote.

Perhaps Bill Burkett would not turn the "forged" documents over to Mary Mapes without being paid for them (of course, CBS could absolutely not do that) then would it make sense for Mary Mapes to contact Joe Lockhart at the Kerry Campaign to help make sure that Bill Burkett got what he was asking? This is the question that I am now considering. Any one else think this is possible? Otherwise, why would Mary Mapes have to put Burkett in touch with the Kerry campaign? Max Cleland wanted the story run but probably could not pony up a large sum of money. I just wonder how dirty this story can get.

Last edited by Nomorelies on Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat is being walked back.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:

You lost me. What does that mean?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:

Burkett is a liar and a cheat and what he did is wrong and he should be held accountable.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: "Lucy Ramirez" Has Some 'Splainin to do!!! Reply with quote

NoMoreLies you are on to the BIG ISSUE!

The name Burkett cited, "Lucy Ramirez" (who did not show up) but , a man (unnamed) showed up and said "Here are your documents"..represents SOMEONE who DID MANUFACTURE those documents.
I am willing to bet $$$ to dougnut holes that SOMEONE HAD TO PAY SOMEONE TO TAKE THAT RISK.
LOGIC:
If legitimate documents existed, there would be no risk or no punishment for exposing documents that have already been investigated, permission has been given to release, and related to Bush's service. Think.
OTOH if they are manufacured, with a specific slant,with comments presumably by a deceased party, given to an organization with an unlawful or deliberate and harmful intent, there would be GREAT RISK. A
person in a position to create these documents (NO MATTER WHAT IS SAID OTHERWISE) had to have informed, historical, and contemporary guidance to produce these items. (reminder-Burkett was ARMY guard)
- They had to know that there was a market
- They had to have credible contacts
- They had to believe that someone would be able to PROTECT THEM
I live in Texas. For a fee you can have birth certificates, degrees, death certificates, false identities, legal documents of ANY kind and description done well and for a nominal fee. It is a THRIVING cottage industry.
More logic:
If Mary Mapes has been obsessed with this project for FIVE YEARS, Rather and CBS for even longer, Burkett for YEARS, Max Cleland (whose tarnished star is fading fast) is reaching for a last gasp of glory, Ben Barnes who has always been a scandal, and Robin Rather who lives in the midst of this environment with LIBERAL POLITICAL ASPIRATIONS OF HER OWN, do not represent a GROUP WITH:
- Motive
- Opportunity
- Means
- Demonstrated willingness to do less than ethical things
then, tell me, who could????
With political operatives tied to Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton etc. where is the honor and ethics??

All of these people are candidates for the PINNOCHIO HALL OF FAME!
-Kennedy kicked out of college for cheating, records of a homicide SEALED even though he was not a juvenile. An absolutely horrific voting record and private life. He is joined at the hip with John Kerry from the 60's to the present.
-Clinton is self-explanatory
-Kerry is more confused than Burkett! At least Burkett has some excuse.
He has demonstrated deep pathological behavior, has no conscience and would be willing to do anything for self promotion. (By the way, HIS divorce records are SEALED) remember the Republican candidate who withdrew because his SEALED RECORDS somehow came to light) Kerry's brother CAM got arrested in Kerry's first campaign for the SAME OFFENSE that brought down the Nixon presidency) His list of lies and scandal is only partially represented on the web site. In my opinion, one good enema and Kerry would disappear!
(Please excuse the venting)

I started out to say you are on the right trail. We may not ever get the see or hear all of the story, but I see the "duck" and I hear it "quacking"

All we can do is keep doing what we are doing. I have faith that we will prevail.
Again, thanks for all of your good posts.
Make it a great day!
Mary Ann Parker

[/b]
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.

There is no other logical reason why those words just sit there in the middle of that email. "not spending any money."

When I read it the first time I assumed that Burkett meant that the Kerry campaign would "not spend money" to contradict the Swiftvet ads. But the more I thought it doesn't make sense for him to be so concerned about the money the DNC spends on its campaign. Further, what would Max Cleland care? A careful study might show that it was a poorly edited email where a sentence was in there that was only partially removed. We cannot know what the phone conversations were about but I call this a "money trail." And, I think we all need to hold to the addage of following the money.

One thing that Burkett needed is money and, if caught, protection (cover). I think it is imperative for investigators to trace back to the email and reexamine everything. If Burkett had demanded money from Mary Mapes she in NO WAY could pay for a news story and she knew it. She would be subjected to all kinds of laws. The only way she could see to get the documents and for Burkett to be taken care of might be through funny money at the DNC.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Burkett is a screwball.

I also think that many involved with the Kerry campaign are fueled only by hatred of President Bush instead of opposing principles or agenda, thus there is no limit to the slime they will generate.

Also, John Kerry has no core principles that are acceptable to the majority of Americans. We don't elect a person President because that candidate wants to be President, but because of where we think that candidate will lead. So far Kerry has told us to look at how he lead in Vietnam to determine how he will lead this country.

I looked. I believe cutting out on your fellow sailors after three scratches, shooting a teenager in the back, and pulling someone out of the water after your actions dunked him in the first place is an insufficient basis upon which to become President of the US, maybe some third-world banana republic or France --- but not the United States, and definitely not during a war.

Sorry I digress. --- the Kerry campaign is in this document fraud. Whether the truth will come out is another story --- but I think the minute some people start facing jail --- they will sing, sing, sing.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I didn't read all the posts above correctly, but why would the Kerry campaign spend a dime when CBS was willing to blast this "infomercial" to the world FREE? I think that was the hidden meaning.

...on the other hand, if Burkett was demanding payment for the documents, that is extortion, and that is a crime in any state. Cool
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will probably be on Drudge within the next hour, but rumor has it that Burkett has revealed what he meant by the "money" question. It was in an email he got, part of which was recovered from some papers he tried to burn out behind the Kinkos.

"Dear Excellent and Most Trustworthy Generalisimo of the
Republic of Texas National Guard Lt. Col. "Wild Bill" Billy Sol Burkett,

We want to transfer to overseas ($ 147,000.000.00
USD)one hundred and forty seven million United States Dollars) from a
Bank in Africa, I want to ask you to quietly look for a reliable and honest
person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank
account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this money,
even an empty a/c can serve to receive this money, as long as you will
remain honest to me till the end for this important business trusting
in you and believing in God that you will never let me down
either now or in future...."
(this part burned beyond recovery even by blogger experts)
With warmest regards,

"Lucy Ramirez"

Shocked
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOMORELIES,

Those words "without spending money" struck me funny too.
You've nailed it. This is serious stuff! No wonder he has rehired
his old lawyer!
I think a congressional investigation is the only way to get to
the bottom of it. They have the authority to call witnesses
UNDER OATH, trace phone calls, etc.

I am asking my Congressman to push for a congressional
investigation right now!
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, me too. I also thought the comment about not spending money was quite curious. The Kerry campaign has millions to spend on campaign issues. Not to mention their surrogates' money, Soros, Ickles etc. etc. Ad money on a good slam-Bush issue would be no problem. Supporters would be standing in line to pony up. But that money goes to the advertising budget, not for some out the back door program.

This type of ad money would hardly be something Burkett would be concerned about. But if we're talking about secret payment for an under-the-table smear campaign, then that raises the stakes for Kerry and the whole Democratic Party. Therefore, someone higher up the food chain in the Kerry headquarters would have to sign off on and approve it.

Thus brings in Joe Lockhart, the New Guy in the campaign with well known credentials as an attack dog. What a great opportunity for him to step in and change the direction of the campaign. He would have become legendary in the Democat Party if he had pulled this off.

I think some close scrutiny of Burkett's finances are in order.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burkett said "The only reason I'm going on the record is
because I've got to tell to story to save my name."

I think he's got more than his name to save. How about his LIFE?

You know what happens to "unstable" people who hold a threat to
the Democrat machine? Remember Vince Foster!

Burkett should get in a witness protection program PRONTO!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
We want to transfer to overseas ($ 147,000.000.00
USD)one hundred and forty seven million United States Dollars) from a
Bank in Africa,....

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: