SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Unfit to Report" - CBS pajama protest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: "Unfit to Report" - CBS pajama protest Reply with quote

Link: StaunchModerate.blogspot.com

# Redress of Grievances: There's a small protest going on out in front of the CBS Washington headquarters. I only saw about a dozen or so people, but a colleague reported that there were more than 30 at one point. In DC, you can't walk across the National Mall without running into at least 30 protesters on any given day. But on M Street, it's not too common, and a few cops were even present.

The protesters held up signs with Dan Rather's mug and the slogan, "Unfit to Report", which is clever, and another with Osama Bin Laden's face and the words, "The American Press is My Best Friend", which is slapworthy.

But the protest is notable because all of them were dressed in pajamas. I wish I had a digital camera now.

The situation wouldn't have gotten this ridiculous if CBS hadn't been stonewalling so defiantly. I'm glad Dan Rather finally apologized, but it almost feels like too little too late. I wish I could say that I'm going to stop watching CBS News now, but I never watched it to begin with (or much of any broadcast news, for that matter, I'm a newspaper dinosaur).

We still need to find out more about who created these memos and why CBS so willingly fell for them. Bill Burkett seems to be CBS's source, but that still doesn't explain who forged them to begin with and why. And that doesn't begin to explain why CBS was so eager to trust a partisan hack after spending five years digging into an issue like this that has no important news value whatsoever.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS

Fake But Accurate

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: "Unfit to Report" - CBS pajama protest Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
I'm glad Dan Rather finally apologized, but it almost feels like too little too late.

I'm really not sure EXACTLY who he was apologizing to - certainly NOT to President Bush.

It sounded to ME that D. Blather was apologizing to HIMSELF (for getting caught).
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: New CNN Media Commentary Program Reply with quote

I've suggested to Howard Kurtz, who appears on the CNN "Reliable Sources" that they might want to rename the program "Unimpeachable Sources."

If Mary Mapes' head doesn't roll, at the very minimum, at CBS, I'll never trust that network again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: