SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fahrenheit 9-11 in Iraq?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Fahrenheit 9-11 in Iraq? Reply with quote

What possible benefit to the war effort comes from showing a blatant anti-American propaganda film to our troops? How does this help them? How does this help any of us? Why would this be allowed? Where is the counterbalance? Where is the rebuttal?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0921/p02s02-usmi.html

(edit: fixed typo)

Last edited by DaveL on Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idon't know whoes decisson it was to show this film to our guy/gals in Iraq, but i think it was poor judgement. i haven't seen 9-11, but hear it is very slanted. I'm sure it will be influential in persuading some that they are there for the "wrong' reasons etc. Talk about morale! Makes me sick, seems like sabatage of our goal.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to do is ask the Vietnam POWs how they felt while being subjected to John Kerry's speeches or visits by Hanoi Jane Fonda and the other traitors during their captivity -- and since their return. This must be "deja vu" for many of them.

When will the word "Sedition" return to our language? Exclamation
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: ******* movie Reply with quote

I think that if mikeys so called movie was to be shown, then he should be required to sign autographs afterwards! Now that would be a movie I would pay to see, they could call it "mikey the human soccer ball" Wink
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One very sad aspect of this showing of the 9-11 film is the timing of it. The guys/gals of our service are just now getting and filling out their absentee ballets. i would like to know who had this movie sent over there.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wal-Mart is planning to carry Michael Moore's Fahrenheight 9-11 DVD/VCR sometime in the first week in October. Moore specifically wanted it out in October to influence the election. He is also trying to have it on TV on NOV 1. Please call them at their main office, 479-273-4000 and ask them to also carry the "answer" to it "FahrenHYPE 911". This would afford people an alternative view. Please be polite.
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some really weird timing about lots of things happening right now. The GOP senator criticisms, Kerry ‘we’re would have been better off with Saddam then what we have now’, the National Intelligence report, Annan and the Iraq war is illegal, major negative press on Iraq and now showing f’in F911 to our troops – seems many want us to achieve these self fulfilling criticisms.

So many want to b*tch and fail and few want to stand up make things right.

God bless all of you who are so passionate about truth and justice.
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what those men and women feel about all of this in this election. We're about to find out. But we have some suckers if they are going to be affected by Fahrenheit 9-11. Kerry all over again. There are bound to be those and it seems as if this article tends only to that. I don't exactly think of this article as a fair analysis.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to know the name of the Einstein who thought that dishing up this lying, propaganda POS to our soldiers in the field was a good idea. Who did this? Who made this decision? Some MWR GS-11? Evil or Very Mad

Who in their right mind would allow this trash among our soldiers? As if they don't have enough to be concerned with, now they need it planted in their heads that they're in a war without cause and that the people at home don't support them?

This is like Jane Fonda's FTA show that travelled through SE Asia during the Vietnam war, to try to demoralize the troops and get them to desert, frag their officers, etc.

I've printed hundreds of pages of the "59 Deceits in F-911" to send in my care packages and sent the link out to dozens more via email - I hope the word is getting to these guys that only the fringe leftists actually believe this crap.

They can't ever think that we are not with them - that we're with Michael Mooooooooooron!

Not for a second. Please write to any soldiers that you know. Let them know that we know who they are - how proud we are of them.

Ordinary people can make an impact that erases anything that that pig Moore can tell them.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy x3 wrote: "Who did this? Who made this decision?" I think mm should become SBVFT enemy #2 and will become enemy #1 on 11/3/04. We need to methodically build our case. And charge him with treason and libel and take it to court. We can not; we will not; let lies stand unchallenged. We must uphold the laws of libel & treason or 30 years from now perhaps Michael Moore will be running for CIC.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been bootlegged and started in Quatar the week after release. Then straight to Iraq!!! These soldiers have been watching it and some, the young ones, have been getting very angry at the Pres. War for Oil.

They're posting on blogs etc. It's already out of control. Some info has been getting through re: fragging. It's getting more than serious and seems that few- if any - are doing anything about it!

ASHTER mentioned on a post the other night that there's subversive activity in the sand by the VVAW as we speak. Ashter's AF and active.
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article has always been one of my favorites about Michael Moore and his nitwit movie. Frankly the gullability of Americans has always dissapointed me. I mean how many have strong opinions of the Vietnam war just from having seen a few goofy Hollywood movies made by ex-flagburners with a personal agenda?

Anyway here is the link http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723

Yaknow after 9/11 this moron actually said that Osama deserves a fair trial if we catch him. This fat swine is so convoluted and twisted he would actually have an expectation of Bin Laden, the worst terroist in history, recieving the full constitutional rights of an American citizen..........................Rich
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that EVERYBODY get busy and send this article to Iraq ASAP.

As you can see by the URL there are 59 deceipts in the film and they are clearly spelled out.

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Fahrenheit 9-11 in Iraq? Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
What possible benefit to the war effort comes from showing a blatant anti-American propaganda film to our troops? How does this help them? How does this help any of us? Why would this be allowed? Where is the counterbalance? Where is the rebuttal?

I think it is beyond outrageous and a total disgrace. How horrible. Evil or Very Mad
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Fahrenheit 9-11 in Iraq? Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:

There is a film called Faren-HYPE 911 that does a point by point rebuttal of Moore's seditious crap. Actually Wal Mart has been trying to decide if it should market Faren-HYPE next to Moore's. Call here to let them know that's what you want to see:

1-800-925-6278
Select 3, then 1, then hold for Customer relations rep and tell them that you want them to carry FarenHype 911 as an alternative to Moore's film.

We should also advocate that this film be available to any troops that are subjected to the other crap.

Sleepless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: