SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it my imagination...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Is it my imagination... Reply with quote

or does the Old Irrelevant Media seem to be reporting more fairly the last few days? Occassionally, I get a yen to check out the network evening news, just to get an idea of what conservatives are up against. Tonight, as I watched Brokaw on NBC, I didn't get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and want to turn it off like I usually do. Is it just ludicrous to believe that this could possibly be the start of balanced reporting by the networks? Opinions please?

diane in IL
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You live in a historic moment in time- a tectonic shift moves under foot. It is the beginning of the end of the dominance of the MSM and end of the control of the news that is seen by the public.

The blogosphere has come into its own.

In 2001 Ken Layne said "We can fact-check your ass" and fact-checking their asses is what is happening.

Now you have a choice in shopping for the truth- you are no longer a slave to the Rather-Brokaw-Jennins triumverate.

You are free.

Too late, they read the tea leaves. Fair and balanced was once derided, and now it will own them.

Enjoy the ride. Very Happy
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you just got lucky. I watched Brokaw Monday and it was the same old stuff.
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your comments just made me think of another thing that has been on my mind lately. Imagine all the people that have been "shamed and exposed" by a 60 Minutes report. I wonder if CBS is now exposed to a massive surge of litigation from people claiming to have been harmed by faulty and irresponsible reporting. HHHHHmmmmmmmmmm. Twisted Evil

diane in IL
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you two Cable News people who I think have changed their attititudes in the last few weeks--BO'Reilly and Chrissie Matthews. I guess Zell whuppin' up on Chrissie made him realize some things. BOR is probably getting so many emails from us right-wingers that he knows he needs to back up a little. They both still have a way to go, but seem to be improving. I can actually watch Spitball now without scaring dogs and small children with my screaming at the moderator.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see how they report Rathergate, and the Kerry connection...
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say they were there yet--just improved! BOR is personally supportive of Rather, but he has been questioning the Kerry connection. He mentions the SwiftVets issue with a lot more respect. I think John O'Neill got to him there. How can you dispute John if you give him half a chance to make his case. That guy is great!

Chris is allowing his guests to speak without interruption, which I find totally amazing.

It could be the mob mentality is setting in among the media. Hopefully, the feeding frenzy will continue to escalate.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched brokaw monday and today and yes there is a difference although a very slight one. usually i have to change the channel over to simpson reruns when a story is slanted against Bush(which is usually all of them). but since this week they have been reporting more fairly . I actually saw negative comments about Kerry yesterday. They ruined it by slamming the president right after but for NBC that was huge.

Id say NBC went from election year loony moonbat left over to non election year loony left .
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: It's sort of like when all of the crickets stop chirping... Reply with quote

It's sort of like when all of the crickets stop chirping all at once ~ the silence, by contrast, is palpable.

Every time a major piece of the misinformation the MSM media has been pushing ("I never had sex with that woman") is exposed for the lie it is, the media (much like a lizard changes colors) shifts it's position just enough to not look complacent in the lies.

I've seen it happen so often now I have to laugh.

Watching as somber faced media types cast disapproving commentaries toward which every one of their own happened to be the one caught and pretend as though they never had (and never would have) done such a thing has become a study in theatrics. We saw it with the Clinton coverage (ala the blue dress) , we saw it with the 2000 election (Gore Wins!!!!.....ooops ....wait a minute........maybe not), we saw it with the Iraqi war ("Go home human shields you yankee wackers!") and we're seeing it again now.

It is a short lived phenomena though.......it usually only last a day or so. Then the loud and constant droning on and on require to influence and manipulate the views will start up anew as though they never missed a beat.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never watch local network news again. Unless, they start becoming more fair and balanced like FOX. I will definitely never watch CBS for news. For comedy and fiction they are ok, since they are such a ridiculous organization.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a big difference with Chrissy.... I don't watch him much, but check in on his show now and again.... haven't seen him cut anyone off or spit out 10 questions in one breath since the Zell thing...

bor ?? well, he sure has been mentioning how 'fair' he is alot lately....
haven't heard any nasty comments about the SBVTS in the past few days.... but then I don't watch him the full hour like I used to ..... I only watch the abc's news for our local news and that's usually fox
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch some ABC news...or more to the point read "The Note" on ABC's political section.

It is still slanted left, but ABC has become a lot more balanced of late. I suspect that a sea-change in the network is taking place, i.e. become more balanced or die.

Truth is Beauty
a6502
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think y'all got it wrong.

The problem is that Buckhead f*d up their entire weeks schedule. They can't talk 'the points' they were given by the DNC (lest they look totally stupid), so now they are like roaches in the light.

I really enjoyed watching the usual suspects try to defend CBS. I still think that Colmes is going to blow a vein - I'm waiting for Sean to start to poke fun at him and then try to evade the spurting blood. (Wouldn't it be WAY better with Sean and Zell?)

Folks, if the documents are fake, who gives a crap about the content? When I hear this from the usual suspects... But, of course, I never will.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subconciously we all really want colmes up there to hate and ridicule. I would imagine the same goes for the left they scream and yell about hannity. How boring would it be if we had 2 hosts on a show that agreed with eachother. thats why siskel and ebert lasted so long. Ebert was the big fat snobby art house guy and siskel i guess was the 'regular' guy who liked slasher flicks and the more brainless comedies.

If anyone has ever seen Matrix Releoaded Neo has a similiar conversation with the guy who programmed the matrix.
a6502
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer discourse with meaning rather than slobber.

It is possible to take the other side on many issues, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Imagine this -

Hannity - Recent studies suggest that the sun actually causes global warming.

Colmes - That is an evil lie put forth by Rove to hurt Kerry.

Give me a break. Colmes backed CBS and Rather - even after seeing the proof. The guy reminds me of a lawyer defending the likes of Dahmer by claiming that it is all a misunderstanding of a simple eating disorder.

I would prefer Zell. At least he makes sense. He is a democrat, and looking for a job, strong willed, a great speaker, and a hell of a lot more interesting than Colmes. I think it would be a great 'other side' representation, with a lot of inside dope on the morons that run this country.

And Zell doesn't make me want to throw up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: