SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tired of CBS Bias? Email 200 CBS Affiliates!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Tired of CBS Bias? Email 200 CBS Affiliates! Reply with quote

Tired of CBS bias towards President Bush and the Bush family; or how about slandering 2.7 million Vietnam Vets in their 1989 award-winning CBS documentary on the Vietnam War (Rather's Winter Soldier Investigation); or failure to professionally address the Swift Boat Veteran's For Truth with any journalistic standards of truth or objectivity? Here is an opportunity to let those who own and operate all those T.V. and radio stations across the nation know what you think, thanks to Rathergate.com////:
http://www.rathergate.com/emailaffiliates.php

Email all 200 CBS Affiliates with just one click and let all 200 know what you think on any issue of concern!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I sent off.

Dear CBS affiliates,

My family is no longer going to watch CBS programming until Dan Rather and Mary Mapes apologize on public TV to the American public fro what they have done. Then they need to resign or be released from service at CBS. This should be fairly easy since Dan Rather is going to retire next year. Mary Mapes will surely get a new job some place.

They need to apologize to the Killian Family as well as president Bush. There are other parties they smeared in that story also.

We, out here in the hinterland are not a bunch of beer drinking hicks. Some of us are experts in technology and law. We know what we see and we will get to the bottom of this using the "New Media" as a source.

If I were a station manager or owner of a news station I would demand that CBS come clean ASAP before the whole network comes down.

BTW: How about this story? Oh, and it's very provable since he's one tape and he's admitted to all of it.

It's all about what John Kerry and what he did after he came back from Vietnam.

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15127
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tired of CBS Bias? Email 200 CBS Affiliates! Reply with quote

EODARMY wrote:
Tired of CBS bias towards President Bush and the Bush family; or how about slandering 2.7 million Vietnam Vets in their 1989 award-winning CBS documentary on the Vietnam War (Rather's Winter Soldier Investigation); or failure to professionally address the Swift Boat Veteran's For Truth with any journalistic standards of truth or objectivity? Here is an opportunity to let those who own and operate all those T.V. and radio stations across the nation know what you think, thanks to Rathergate.com////:
http://www.rathergate.com/emailaffiliates.php

Email all 200 CBS Affiliates with just one click and let all 200 know what you think on any issue of concern!

If you want to just use your own e-Mail system, here are the addresses. Use commas for Yahoo or Hotmail, or change the commas to semicolons (Wink for Microsoft Outlook...

Quote:
gkiger@ktabtv.com, bill.anderson@krqe.com, curts@speednetllc.com, mostrow@wtajtv.com, mike@newschannel10.com, jbever@ktva.com, sschwart@wgcltv.com, tggardner@keyetv.com, news@cbs-29.com, newmanj@wjz.com, myoung@wabi.tv, larryb@kfdm.com, mwallis@ktvq.com, bballard@wiat.com, treiten@kxnet.com, bill@krtv.com, jeffa@kbcitv.com, emgoldman@cbs.com, boaz@kbtx.com, chris.musial@wivb.com, pcooney@kxlf.com, msmythe@raycommedia.com, klwy@coffey.com, jdenk@kgan.com, rhamilton@wcia.com, gm@live5news.com, mmcmillan@wbtv.com, cgugerty@wdef.com, cbs5gm@sisna.com, fwpreston@cbs.com, jstall@khsltv.com, csehring@wkrc.com, bapplegate@raycommedia.com, chogetvedt@kktv11news.com, rodell@wltx.gannett.com, mbrowning@wrbl.com, jonesj@wcbi.com, tom.griesdorn@10tv.com, dale.remy@kztv10.com, fmiller@kmeg.com, fantine.kerckaert@cox.com, akucharski@cbs.com, pfredericksen@hearst.com, treiten@kxnet.com, pat@wtvynews4.com, dmesser@kdlh.com, jhowell@wpri.com, bwatkins@kdbc.com, sbenton@35wsee.com, weinkauf@kval.com, john.burgess@clearchannel.com, danr@wevv.com, ads@tvtv.com, charleyj@kvlytv11.com, mpumo@wbtw.com, gary.gardner@winktv.com, van.comer@kfsm.com, alan.riebe@wane.com, ktvtnewsproducers@ktvt.com, dianawilkin-zapata@clearchannel.com, tsenter@pgtv.com, kstf@actcom.net, fbarnes@cbs59.com, kxgnkdzn@midrivers.com, accounts@krextv.com, pkidder@wfrv.cbs.com, dhooper@wfmy.gannett.com, dcavileer@tecinfo.com, vstorm@wnct.com, ccooper@team4news.com, mattuhl@clearchannel.com, ehale@wfsb.com, broman@whlt.com, ernestine.cornett@wymtnews.com, bfarris@krcg.com, rblangiardi@khon.emmis.com, pdiaz@khou.com, leister@wowktv.com, tharon.honeycutt@whnt.com, ginab@kidk.com, jwhite@wishtv.com, bromine@wjtv.com, sloyd@ccjax.com, mcnamaraj@wbngtv.com, jdempsey@wjhl.com, tomlong@wwmt.com, chris.baker@wvlt-tv.com, schorski@wkbt.com, mariaplacer@klfy.com, gm@wlns.com, news@kvtv13.com, eneilson@klastv.com, klewfred@klewtv.com, wayne.martin@wkyt.com, gphipps@foxlima.com, news@kolnkgin.com, laudas@todaysthv.com, pmcclenahan@cbs.com, jcarter@hearst.com, gmcalister@klbk.com, donmc@13wmaz.com, tbier@wisctv.com, tvdennis@keyc.com, smartinson@kimt.com, news10@ktvl.com, ronald.walter@wreg.com, admin@wmdn.net, mcolleran@wfor.cbs.com, jhall@cbs58.com, jhall@cbs58.com, tfabacher@wcco.cbs.com, epiette@wcco.cbs.com, dreiten@kxnet.com, bob@kpax.com, jgoleniowski@wkrg.com, knoegm@knoe.com, msmith@waka.com, dturner@newschannel5.com, jphillips@wwltv.com, jmarenghi@cbs.com, rfurlong@wrgb.com, frank.chebalo@wtkr.com, john.ray@wrdw.com, dpalmer@cbs7.com, dutton@kwtv.com, jmckernan@km3news.com, hmaldonado@wkmg.com, newsroom@keprtv.com, kevinh@wmbd.com, pdunn@cbs.com, shammel@kpho.com, dwthomas@koamtv.com, cpike@kdka.com, acartwri@wgme.sbgnet.com, dsalamone@koin.com, gwark@wagmtv.com, fbrady@khqa.com, jhefner@wral.com, newsroom@ktvn.com, pmaroney@wtvr.com, blee@wdbj7.com, dloy@wroctv.com, theston@whbf.com, ggraber@wifr.com, clithero@kpic.com, gmunsey@kbimtv.com, al.binke@wnem.com, acohen@kmov.com, srosenwasser@tampabays10.com, markfaylor@clearchannel.com, rjordan@wboc.com, phillips@kutv2.com, klstnews@klst.net, blabbe@kens-tv.com, dambrosi@kfmb.com, jfsatterfield@kpix.cbs.com, daveulrickson@clearchannel.com, bill.cathcart@wtoc.com, jditt22@wyou.com, jwoodin@kirotv.com, kblack@kctv5.com, rick.dean@kxii.com, ebradley@ksla.com, markmillage@keloland.com, ktnltv@alaska.com, tschurz@wsbt.com, pmartin@wcax.com, michael.michell@wkbdtv.com, genmgr@wspa.com, abrown@krem.com, mgordon@kolr10.com, lvann@wtvh.com, nick.waller@wctv6.com, dbailey@wthi.emmis.com, bille@cbstv2.com, jsanders@wneg32.com, bchirdon@wtol.com, steve.cornwell@wibw.com, jarnold@kold.com, rmoon@kotv.com, billkring@9and10news.com, lwagner@kmvt.com, rtatano@cbs19.tv, richard.adams@kwtx.com, dgreen@wusatv9.com, cpircsuk@wwnytv.net, alancaster@wsaw.com, mjohnston@wlfi.com, dcolee@wpecnews12.com, dmellon@kovr.sbgnet.com, jsquibb@wtrf.com, jbarrett@kwch.com, kwilliams@kauz.com, cknox@wilm-tv.com, kmesser@kimatv.com, dcoy@wkbn.com

By the way, here's what I wrote.

CBS is no longer a trustworthy source of information. As a result, I am boycotting CBS Networks, both Television and Radio. I am also boycotting CBS sponsors, and will continue to do so until Dan Rather and the 60 Minutes II news team are summarily fired and the head of CBS News resigns or is dismissed. If Dan Rather is allowed to "retire" then I will continue the boycott, and will promote that boycott through my op/ed articles.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll taken in this forum on 6/22/04.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1058&highlight=lock+cbs

Please lock out CBS from your television and send this email to everyone in you address book.

Please send email to the following addresses

evening@cbsnews.com
earlyshow@cbs.com
48hours@cbsnews.com
audsvcs@cbs.com

I am advocating that we gang up on one specific net work and their sponsors in an effort to apply punishment that will be felt. Perhaps competing networks will selfishly cover the boycott story in an effort to capture a point or two from CBS for themselves. However to avoid looking like hypocrites they will need to at least make a token effort to report some of the untold or under told stories.

The fact that CBS devoted an entire 60 minute program to promote Clintons book while our young men and women are in harms way is enough reason for me to put them on notice as the one that the veteran - military community is putting on notice.

As of today I have locked all CBS stations from all the televisions in my home. And will not purchase any products that sponsor CBS.

Quotes taken from
David Horowitz
FrontPageMagazine.com | June 18, 2004

“A three week military campaign with minimal casualties”,
“25 million people liberated from one of the most sadistic tyrants of modern times”
“Establishment of a military and intelligence base in the heart of the terrorist world”
“The filling of mass graves with 300,000 corpses were stopped”
“Prisons for four to twelve year olds were closed”
“A democratic constitution has been drafted”
“Two-thirds of al-Qaeda’s leadership is gone”
“There hasn’t been a terrorist attack in America in more than two and a half years”

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent them my $0.02 Smile
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys and gals, please send e-mail to CBS affiliates. This will keep the pressure on CBS. The truth need to be out no later than 2 weeks before the election. One good news, the e-mails are free.
God bless America and the swiftvets.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Keep the emails rolling out!!! Reply with quote

I received the following auto reply from WSPA in response to my email:

Robert,
We are advising CBS from our end regarding the number of complaints we are receiving, your email to WSPA did not go unnoticed. We also ask that you contact CBS directly, so often they respond quicker to viewer complaints. So, we are in essence hitting them on two fronts and we need your help is making sure your opinion is registered with CBS News via their website. We take your comments seriously and each is acted upon.

Have a good day,
Kay Pennington

More info just in.........

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RELEASE JUST ISSUED BY CBS NEWS:

There followed the standard line of BS from CBS: "CBS News acknowledged this week that it cannot prove the authenticity of disputed memos featured in the report and that, therefore, it was a mistake to use them." and "Two days ago, CBS News and CBS announced the commissioning of an independent review to help determine what errors occurred in the preparation of the report and what actions need to be taken." It just occurred to me, does CBS stand for Certified ********?

Anyway, if the statements made about informing CBS about the number of complaints is true, the more emails we send the better. Keep 'em rollin', rollin', rollin'. Keep them emails rollin'. Tell 'em we're disapprovin'. Swift Vets!!

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Automated responses Reply with quote

have now had about 10 emails returned as undeliverable out of the 200 or so in the email address list. That really isn't at all bad actually.

But most importantly, I have now gotten 3 automated replies from the list, each one obviously based at least in part on the content of my email. Setting up an automated reply system to be text sensitive takes some time and effort, so they obviously have been hearing a lot about this scandal. We need to make sure they hear a lot more about it.

Keep the emails flowing.

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. I want to see Dan Rather fired! What he did was criminal and fired is the least that should be done...I doubt anything will come of it though...what ever happened to Sandy Berger????
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only concern is your ISP could accuse u of being a spammer with that many addresses. Just a thought.
also, mary Mapes needs to go-but look out guys, she will take all of CBS down with her. That woman is not going to take the heat for this.
Just heard on Fox that they have NEW info on Mapes, ie, she has engaged in other things somewhat illegal, like bribing a prisioner to get access to another prisioner, the warden has it all on tape. I'd say if anyone actually pursues this info-she is in the hot seat.
also, my hubby switched it over to MSNBC (for laughs) and hears some idiot comparing what CBS did to the WMD story-how it was a lie. etc.

ALSO IS IT ME OR IS DRUDGE HEADLINES REALLY MEDICORE LATELY? he is not getting the good stuff like Fox, he has running as headline that teeny bopper who recentlty got marrried and that stupid kitty kelly book. someone should tell drudge to get on with it.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overhead on CNBC this afternoon:

Radical liberal WaPO columnist E. J. Dionne bi***ching about how unfair and unbalanced the two person investigative committee selected by CBS was:

"One is a republican, the other is a journalist."

Duh?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there someway to breakdown that master list of email addresses? without typing them all in again? I think maybe sending out 50 a day would be better....

and what about CNN and MSNBC, don't think we should ignore them! or their affiliates... of course, abc and nbc included!

does anyone have a list of their email addresses? (I have the main addresses, just the affiliates)

does anyone have an address for Bob Novak on CNN or Major Garrett on Fox?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Overhead on CNBC this afternoon:

Radical liberal WaPO columnist E. J. Dionne bi***ching about how unfair and unbalanced the two person investigative committee selected by CBS was:

"One is a republican, the other is a journalist."

Duh?

And (as others have pointed out), they're too damn OLD to be evaluating the issues surrounding modern Information Technology, a.k.a. the document forgeries via MS-Word.

Sigh....put me ont he damn panel and I'll explain how the document overlays (like the one at the top of http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog ) are conclusive and obvious proof of fraud. Pixel-level equivalence of a document supposedly from 1972 and one from today's MS-Word is not a possiblity. Period.

But darn! Those old fogeys who were appointed just won't understand this...they'll likely react with the Bovine Stare of Incomprehension.

They're (at best) still arguing if Macs are better than PC's...and looking for the "on" switch....

-- FDL
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got two responses back

:[quote]9/22/04

Thank you for taking time to write about CBS News' inaccurate reporting of
the President's service record. As we know now, the network apologized
Monday and promised an independent investigation. Today's THV will report
the findings of that investigation as soon as they are available. I commend
you for your concern and understand your comments. There is no substitute
for accuracy. You can be sure Today's THV is most concerned as well and
continues to pass our viewers' sentiment on to our contact at the network.
We believe it is important for CBS to "hear" you. Ultimately, we hope the
lessons CBS News learns from this failure will produce change and
improvement.

That said, I appreciate you understanding Today's THV has been, and always
will be, committed to researching and reporting Arkansas news for Arkansans.
We are not owned by CBS and take no marching orders from New York. Although
you write from out of town, your continued support of Today's THV, as we
work hard on the local front, is our goal. We will continue to press the
envelope of Arkansas feedback to CBS, and will be most thankful to count on
you as we do so.

Sincerely,

Larry Audas
KTHV

2nd:

[/quote]
Your outrage is not misplaced in my opinion, and I fully support everything you want to do to respond to this breach of trust. I'll also pass on your thoughts to CBS, and believe me, they will get read. The affiliate body and stations are intensely angry about this.

Dave Weinkauf
KVAL+ VP/GM

So maybe if we can generate more e-mails they will realize that the other half of this country is conservative!!!

I'm lovin it! Very Happy
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent!

Because of the outrage we feel regarding 60 Minutes broadcast fraud, all CBS programming is banned in our household until there is a thorough housecleaning at CBS News! Specifically, Dan Rather, Mary Mapes, and CBS News executive Andrew Heyward must be FIRED.
Unfortunately, our boycott affects your local programming ratings
as well, but we must see the aforementioned action by CBS/Viacom
as proof that CBS intends to restore some integrity to their programming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: