SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOX News--Really fair and balanced?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: FOX News--Really fair and balanced? Reply with quote

This week I have received two email returns from Fox News in regard to two emails I sent regarding the misplaced hatred towards George Bush. They read:

Your message

To: Show -My Word
Subject: RE: Misplaced Hatred.
Sent: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:01:48 -0400

was deleted without being read on Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:58:35 -0400

Final-Recipient: RFC822; myword@FOXNEWS.COM
Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted
X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: rjYmzuB6tkqSmX4vz4YENw==
Original-Message-ID: <4132362C.1020502@hotPOP.com>

Note I underlined and bolded the print that infuriated me. I understand they may not get to emails sometime for up to a month, but delete it without even reading it is sick. I took the time to write My Word and this is how they treat a Fox Fan?

I decided to call them. They were even more unhelpful and rude on the phone. The woman said it was the producers who deleted the emails and she made no apologies for it.

I am slowly becoming less, and less a Fox Fan.......especially in light of what they did to Debra. Mad Mad Mad Mad
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, too.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Maybe they have filters on their e-mail and "hatred" is filtered.
Dont be mad at Fox, I can only imagine how many e-mails they get every day. And blame O'Reilly, not Fox, for what happened to Debra.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slednfool wrote:
Quote:

Dont be mad at Fox, I can only imagine how many e-mails they get every day. And blame O'Reilly, not Fox, for what happened to Debra.

You may be right about the filters on their e-mail. But as for what happened to Debra, true it is O'Reilly's fault, but he works for Fox so therefore, they gave him the go ahead to do it. By default Fox is to blame.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

There is little doubt that they use filters - I am sure they receive literally thousands of emails that have certain words that they use as key words.

I have never been denied or had any returned. Sometimes I have a difficult time getting through
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am becoming somewhat disgusted with Fox's proclaimed fair and balanced approach. I used to rely on them to get the voice of conservatives out amongst the majority of the liberal MSM. However, it seems to me that they're giving far too much air time to these liberal guests who can't keep their mouthes shut for two seconds. For whatever reason they're invited, they don't answer a direct question, and instead immediately spin into the same old, tired talking points we've heard a million times. Then you add Alan "The Crypt Keeper" Colmes into the mix, and he's the master of spin. He's as bad as Michael Moore with clipped excerpts of certain comments and statements designed to make his point, and wind up the whining, liberal guest again.

BOR is getting to be pretty abnoxious as well. It used to be fairly apparent who's side he was on. But lately it's all about him, and he seems to lean way over to the left. They can have him...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacman wrote:
Then you add Alan "The Crypt Keeper" Colmes into the mix, and he's the master of spin. He's as bad as Michael Moore with clipped excerpts of certain comments and statements designed to make his point, and wind up the whining, liberal guest again.

BOR is getting to be pretty abnoxious as well. It used to be fairly apparent who's side he was on. But lately it's all about him, and he seems to lean way over to the left. They can have him...

It is so good to know I am not the only one who notices these very same things........thank you! Smile
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Fox news is suffering from the Titanic Syndrome. Hopefully, Rupert will make some calls and kick some tail and put in some perspective. Funny how Rupert Murdoch a scrappy Austrailian has always viewed himself as one day away from being broke and become the modern day oil baron of media and Ted Turner lost most his wealth and more importantly all his influence because of hubris. A lesson we all need to be reminded of always.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself disagreeing with about half of what I hear on Fox and agreeing with about half...I guess that would qualify as pretty "fair and balanced", especially considering that I disagree with about 90% of the slant put on stories by most of the MSM. It amazes me how many stories on NBC/CBS/CNN report only one side of the issue, no caveats, no opposition opinions...I give credit to Fox for at least trying to relay both sides of each story to us, including all of that "liberal crap" hehe
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox should make a evening news program for broadcast dont you think? I bet they would easily pick up a big share of the old CBS market and much of the other networks where conservatives and moderates are sick of the 24/7 bias.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was BOR's interview with the President? At the shows onset BOR said he would be airing it later in the broadcast. What's up with that?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush Interview to be broadcast next Mon, Tues, Wed
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: A little levity Reply with quote

Alan "Kukla" Colmes
The Early Years

Rolling Eyes

Mission Accomplished!!
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
I find myself disagreeing with about half of what I hear on Fox and agreeing with about half...I guess that would qualify as pretty "fair and balanced", especially considering that I disagree with about 90% of the slant put on stories by most of the MSM. It amazes me how many stories on NBC/CBS/CNN report only one side of the issue, no caveats, no opposition opinions...I give credit to Fox for at least trying to relay both sides of each story to us, including all of that "liberal crap" hehe

EGGGGZACTLY Dave,couldnt say it better myself. I am still a Fox Fan as none of the other news orgs can even come remotely close to putting forth some resemblance of truth..whether ppl call it fair and balanced or whatever...Fox still beats 'em by miles. BOR? Yeah..he is stirring the pot.he wants you angry at him.its a game he plays and you should be careful not to land in his web he SPUN/Spinning.it's all about ratings for him, he will tell you that too...not to mention the sale of all his products..good gawd I'm sick of it.like a modern day fuller brush man selling his wares.or like a a comedian who is bombing his jokes onstage and you're in the front row...you feel sorry for him kinda.And heres one for the guys..how about those visits (only one or two,I swear) to a strip bar where a long line of beauties strut their stuff and then theres always that one girl...too many tattoos,pale.out of shape,fat or skinny....you give her a sympathy buck so she just goes away.
BOR may think he is the voice of FOX, but he is kidding himself.
Fox news is bigger then any one person there,IMHO.
BOR doesnt like the Swifties???okay...who the hell does he think made him popular? Friends of Jeaneane Garafolo,Baldwin Brothers,or MOVEON.ORGY??? talk about shooting himself in the foot and biting the hand who feeds him!!!!
Familiarity breeds contempt.
Bill, you are being an ass.This BTW comes from a fellow Irish Catholic free thinking conservative Detective.

The spin stops Here, Bill.
Se7eN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! I'm starting to question this whole 'fair & balanced' thing now.. I realized on H & C they always put the conservative/republican on the top portion of the screen.

In all seriousness, I think they do a good enough job. They run ads for both campaigns, allow liberals and conservatives on each show to debate and even BOR shows negative and positive emails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: