SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion AD #7 - Show MSM bias against SwiftVets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navyfam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree with Steve Z and rbshirley. Kerry's ever changing position in Iraq has now settled into a withdrawal strategy.

It is crucial IMO to pound Kerry on our disasterous withdrawl from Vietnam and the incredible loss of life that followed, and the parallels that would follow his proposed withdrawl from Iraq.

If we withdraw from Iraq now, God help the Iraqi people and God help us. Iraq will become a nesting ground for terrorists and America will become even more of a target than it is now. Kerry doesn't get it. Terrorists prey on the weak. If we withdraw from Iraq, this will signal to them our weakness. They only respect strength.

I cannot bear the thought of Kerry turning our country into a laughing stock for the Arab world. He would have us tuck tail and run. Bush would have us stand firm and bare our teeth.
a6502
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBShirley-

Actually I wrote (you only quoted a part...)

---

I know special effects are expesive, but how about something along these lines. This idea sprung from a picture that I saw somewhere, very touching - The Wall, with a persons reflection showing the names within the reflections boundaries, the rest of the Wall is plain black. Some lighting trick, but very sobering overall.

So try this...

Find a bit of video of Mr. Kerry at the Wall... Matte in a reflection of his profile. Leave all the names visible, but where his reflection is - replace the names with the Senate testimony, 'Raped, killed...' where his shadow falls on the Wall.

Play Taps, REAL SLOW and sad.

Buy time during the debates.

---

I LOVE your picture, however the one that I was referring to was of the names, and the only text visible was actually in the reflection. The rest of the Wall was just black. I'm not sure where I saw it, but it sparked the above idea. I live in Oregon (one of those pesky states full of Calidiot transplants) and the support (outside of the media) for the troops is wonderful. I thought that 'tying' the man to his disrespect for those that gave so much would go far in getting the point across.

Best of all, Taps is heart wrenching when done right. And the Wall speaks volumes.

a6502
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have trouble listening to taps.... the first time I remember hearing them was at the funeral of a Vietnam soldier.... never have been able to sit (or stand) thru them since..... just rips my heart out....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should expose Kerry and his party on the draft issue in a new commercial.

Although Kerry and Edwards are on the campaign trail promising to oppose a draft, they in fact support universal national service, but are hiding that. And you already know what a Kerry promise or position is worth.

This should be played on MTV, and other gen-x channels and on radio ads at college campuses.
Mattm
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
The MSM isnt the target here. its Kerry. I still think a great and maybe too over the top ad would be a clip of Kerry talking about his handling a crisis and the visual is washington on 9/11 we see Rumsfeld helping people from around the ruins of the pentagon and finally end with John Kerry running down the steps past women to save his own a**. The narrator would say. is this the man we want protecting america in a crisis?

I agree with Chuck Z, John F(lip flop) Kerry and his past are the target. The CBS thing has a life of it's own now. More ads like number 6 would be great, maybe throw in more of his hippie pictures.

Are you an American or a Democrat?
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted, I think, in the Winter Soldiers Forum, about the thing that stuck out for me that I never knew about Kerry was the picture in the war museum in Hanoi and the meeting about the assassination plot on 6 pro-war senators. I would love to see something like that in an ad since they are trying to tie Bush with the Royal Family in Saudi and ties with terrorists. When I tell my friends about it, they are like me and didn't know about this stuff as we were just young teens during Vietnam and didn't pay much attention to politics.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: New Ad Reply with quote

I agree with "concernedgranny"--I too was a young teen during Vietnam (14 years old when Kerry testified before the Senate), and didn't know the harm that Kerry was wreaking, both to our troops and to those they were defending in South Vietnam.

An ad showing Kerry as a hero to the enemy would be very effective, since Kerry is hoping that too many young voters don't remember or know about his treacherous past.

As an aside--how did someone who was a young teenager during the Vietnam war become a "granny" so soon? She must be beautiful, and found a husband early!
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an ad that discusses how John Fraud Kerry pronounces "Genghis Kahn" as "Jenjis Kahn" - I still don't get that - and highlights his haughty English accent during this testimony. Laughing

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't you sweet Steve Z. Don't now about me, but my 2 grandchildren are absolutely beautiful. That is what concerns me so much about this man. I fear for them and the world they would have to grow up in. But I do think that it is appropriate as even my children don't know about the facts in Vietnam. It wasn't taught other than it was a "drug addict" (sorry I don't mean that it actually was, but that is what we were taught) bunch of guys that fought a war they shouldn't have been in because of our government. My brother-in-law was a green beret and did receive a purple heart honorably as his platoon was ambushed and if I recall right, he was one of the only ones left alive. He's dead now, from natural causes, but I know he wrote home to his mom about Kerry and my sister says he was really troubled about what he did. My son is thinking about enlisting as soon as he finishes college and I DO NOT want him or any of our brave military have to go through the same thing. Anyways, I thought of how many millions that are our age and have kids and none of us really know what happened because even today it is a stigma to talk about Vietnam because it will open old wounds. Thank you to this forum for enlightning and leading us to web sites with articles as MSM sure doesn't address us. We are a generation stuck in the middle of wars and I am afraid if Kerry wins, we will be the generation fighting to tell the younger ones the truth. I can feel the frustration that the swiftvets have. God bless the swiftvets for having the courage to bring history up and to fight to have the truth brought out. Thank you for caring enough about our country to do the right thing, again. It is not about being Republican, Democrat, or even Independent. It is about being American and loving your country more than your parties. Thank you again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: