SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Draft Lies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Draft Lies Reply with quote

Note to Admin: I expect this to be moved to Geedunk but posted here for temp exposure for a couple of hours......

It bugs me that Kerry is spouting his mouth today about how Bush will bring back the Draft when it's his own party that on January 7, 2003 introduced 2 bills in Congress that are still there sitting in committee for resolution. How does Kerry think he can turn this around into something that is Bush's fault?

H.R. 163 was introduced on 1/7/2003 by Senator Charles Rangel (D-NY).

Almost simultaneously, S. 89 was introduced by Senator Hollings (D-SC).

A CNN online article of Rangle's press conference can be found here:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/07/rangel.draft/

Quote:

There are currently 2 bills in Congress in committee. Both have been initiated by DEMOCRATIC Senators.

They are:

H.R. 163 1/7/2003
To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.
Mr. RANGEL (D-NY) (for himself, Mr. MCDERMOTT (D-WA), Mr. CONYERS (D-MI), Mr. LEWIS (D-GA), Mr. STARK (D-CA), and Mr. ABERCROMBIE (D-HI) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Armed Services
AND

S. 89 1/7/2003
To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.
Mr. HOLLINGS (D-SC) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Armed Services.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't find the link to something Kerry said before about adding some? 40,000? troops. It sounded like a call for a draft. It was over a month ago. In fact, as I think about it, it was his speech at the DNC!!! Surprised I was quite upset at the time. Those who have it on their heart to serve should serve and those who don't should not be forced. That was the big problem about Viet Nam.. too many were sent who were not mentally and emotionally prepared to go into battle. I vowed never a draft. After 911, I would have gone and if my son had felt he had to enlist I would of supported his decision.
Any one out there remember the speech Rolling Eyes or the link to review it.
I was not aware of the 2 bills! Now I am upset again!! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I defended this country as a young man and I will defend it as President. Let there be no mistake: I will never hesitate to use force when it is required. Any attack will be met with a swift and certain response. I will never give any nation or international institution a veto over our national security. And I will build a stronger American military.

We will add 40,000 active duty troops, not in Iraq, but to strengthen American forces that are now overstretched, overextended, and under pressure. We will double our special forces to conduct anti-terrorist operations. And we will provide our troops with the newest weapons and technology to save their lives and win the battle. And we will end the backdoor draft of National Guard and reservists.

To all who serve in our armed forces today, I say, help is on the way." Quoted from Kerry's DNC Speech

found the text. What do you military guys think? Thanks.CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's all over the map again. Not only is he going to increase the Armed Forces by 40,000, but remember he has castigated GWB for not being "tough" with North Korea (and how's he going to do that if not by threat of force, I wonder). Neither is necessarily a bad idea -- taken on their own -- but how? Kerry of course, doesn't say.

His appeal to the tooth fairy to get more allies involved in Iraq, plus his draft statement today, is clearly designed to appeal to the young voters (and their parents). Nothing more, nothing less.

Why can't people see through this malarky? And remember Kerry screaming a few weeks ago about how reprehensible it was to scare the voters?
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been emailing the text of my original post everywhere I have been and to everyone I know. I emailed all the local GOP offices to make sure they get the word out to the local college campuses. Here in WI the local voter registration drives are so loose and the rules so vague that the liberals are out in full force and I know are going to be spreading this crap.

There should be flyers printed with the truth so that students KNOW who exactly submitted these bills.

I've emailed Hannity, Rush, my local talking heads...forget the print media...their liberal rags.

Can you tell I'm passionate this go'round?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Draft Lies Reply with quote

The Kerry camp coordinators have fired up a series of
scare ads on the draft. As is usual for "progressives",
they are accusing their opponents of what they secretly
plan.

Before getting to the details, it's important to
note that this issue is not primarily about a
military draft, it's about National Service.
Stealing two years from every life, then 3, and
why stop there ...

And National Service is less about service than
about indoctrinating the slaves by controlling
the agenda of the approved forms of service.

But make no mistake about it, if Kerry is elected,
they'll also need a draft to meet military
manpower requirements, because voluntary enlistments
and re-enlistments will drop to near zero.

The only bills submitted are by Democrats.
One of them, HR 163, bears the title:
"Universal National Service Act of 2003"
it includes the provision:
"...or a period of civilian service in furtherance
of the national defense and homeland
security, and for other purposes."

... and for other purposes ...

Involuntary servitude, i.e. slavery, doing
whatever bidding the ruling class prescribes.

Although Kerry and Edwards are on the campaign
trail promising to oppose a draft, they in fact
support universal national service, but are hiding
that. And you already know what a Kerry promise
or position is worth.

Where have they been on this issue?

Kerry has removed a page, formerly at:
http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/natservice
and still referenced by dissidents at:
http://www.comdsd.org/article_archive/JustasUrgent.htm

"(II) A MANDATORY HIGH SCHOOL SERVICE REQUIREMENT.
As President, John Kerry will ensure that every
high school student in America does community
service as a requirement for graduation. . . ."

The current K+E National Service is more watered down:
http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/national_service/
Apparently, the older position was too honest.

And Edwards? Go see:
http://www.senate.gov/~edwards/issues/educ/service.html

Expect exemptions for the children of rich politicians.

The Selective Service System is already in place, and
could be reactivated in the event of some unforseen
emergency. If Kerry is defeated, the SSS, unneeded
since Vietnam, is most likely to remain right where it
is today - dormant.
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother sits on the draft board......there hasn't been any talk about a draft....
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> My brother sits on the draft board...
>...there hasn't been any talk about a draft....

Exactly.
And if Kerry is defeated, nothing's going to change.

The truly sinister thing here is not just that Kerry is
posturing as the knight who will slay this straw man ...

... it's actually the case that if he wins, he will implement
what he's claiming to oppose.

He will implement it both because he wants to
(universal service), and because he'll have to
(collapse of the volunteer military).
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If (and it is a BIG if, the draft were to be reinstated) there have been changes made.

Now, knowing for a fact there haven't been any meetings for over 6 months of those who sit on the board. If it were to come to be, the CCR song would have no merit. No one would get a free ride...unless he was an only son and the age for the first to go has been changed.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say that we pull out ALL of our troops from the old NATO countries like Germany.

The Cold War is over. Germany can tend to itself.

As Bush has proposed.

We may need a few bases for strategic launching points to hot spots but we have new friends that we could use in some of the old Soviet bloc countries.

When Bush proposed this shifting of troops out of old Europe, that slimy Kerry whined.

I just can't stand that man.................
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic for a new commercial....

Kerry accuses Bush of wanting to implement a draft while his own party members are submitting bills to Congress to do this exact thing...

This needs to be exposed in a commercial, to counter the false spam, and to expose Kerry and his party for the dirty tricks that he supports.

-Paul
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Woll wrote:
Great topic for a new commercial....

Kerry accuses Bush of wanting to implement a draft while his own party members are submitting bills to Congress to do this exact thing...

This needs to be exposed in a commercial, to counter the false spam, and to expose Kerry and his party for the dirty tricks that he supports.

-Paul

110% behind that idea!!!

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Whiskey" over at Cpt. Qtrs has a good take on this subject. DNC is using this as a scare tactic for the college age.

Quote:
Scare tactics
Looks like the Kerry campaign finally found a tactic they can all agree on: scare the hell out of college kids and their fretting parents with the draft hoax. An article posted tonight on MSNBC reveals that the draft talk wasn't just a negligent offhand statement by Kerry (see Ed's post below) but a talking point for the entire campaign.

In a speech at Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Cleland told students they might find themselves pressed into military service if Bush wins a second term.
“America will reinstate the military draft” if Bush is re-elected and continues the Iraq War, Cleland predicted, according to an account of his speech by the Colorado Springs Gazette.
"Pay attention ... to what you've got going on in Iraq. That, ladies and gentlemen, is Vietnam. I've seen this movie before. I know how it ends. It does not end pleasantly," he added.
And Howard Dean, who's never heard a conspiracy theory he didn't like, warned students at Brown University, "I think that George Bush is certainly going to have a draft if he goes into a second term, and any young person that doesn't want to go to Iraq might think twice about voting for him."

According to Michelle Malkin, the ghost story is also being spread via mass email and MTV to college students.

As Ed noted, it's highly convenient for the Democrats that one of their own introduced wacko bill, which never had any support from either party.

Forgeries . . . urban legends . . . as if the candidate himself weren't scary enou

CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad this has finally come to the forefront. I sounded like an alarmist after the DNC speech. Thank you all for the links to the Bills and Edwards. As Americans who believe in service to others, we get led down the garden path and our willingness to do good works used against us. I encourage my highschooler (last of 3) to do some community service but did not know that monies to the schools were attached to it, And now we see the next step is mandatory service either military or to homeland security. Mandatory anything is to challenged. And as I said before just follow the content of the attacks by the left/dems and you know what THEY are doing... a roadmap. Projection at its worst.
Please send emails,etc to Hannity and everyone to get these proposed bills in the media FAST!! Contact any young people and their families that you can. Thanks CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> And now we see the next step is mandatory service
> either military or to homeland security.

Read HR 163 again: "... and for other purposes ..."

There are no limits on what the servitude might be,
but you can be sure that only politically correct tasks
will be authorized, and monitored to assure that the
subject is learning the desired lessons.

Folks, we have here a case of the
"Reverse Big Lie"

Not only is the "secret Bush draft" a lie,
the truth is a secret Kerry draft.

Joseph Goebbels would be proud.
But then we knew that about Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: