SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry falls very short. (an article in the UMASS paper)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Kerry falls very short. (an article in the UMASS paper) Reply with quote

Moderator: this has some Swiftboat content and some post Vietnam criticism of Kerry, so it seemed appropriate here. If you choose to move it that's fine.

This is from a UMASS student, a surprise considering the rabid liberalism that permeates this campus. While he is off on the Swiftboats (I will address that issue with him via feedback) he is generally on the mark. Our message is getting out there..........

Quote:
Kerry falls very short

by Matthew M. Burke, Collegian columnist
September 23, 2004

I love John Kerry. I can't explain it but it's dizzying. I am the biggest John Kerry fan in the universe at this juncture in the election because he makes it so easy to discredit his ideas and his potential leadership.

This isn't even challenging anymore. Bush's foul ups are a mere footnote to Kerry's shoddy record. In an age where unprovoked butchers crash airliners into our buildings killing thousands, Kerry wants to be more sensitive in the war on terror. This comes as the terrorists savagely behead our fellow Americans.

Bush has many shortcomings and I disagree with him on many issues but Kerry will actually make us more susceptible to further attacks and that should be the number one issue come November. Over 40 countries now have or will soon have nuclear weapons. It is feasible that Al Qaeda could get their wretched hands on them. September 11 should have taught us something: never say never.

Kerry is a man who served and fought bravely in Vietnam. The Swift Boat Vets would like you to believe otherwise, but he was in fact a hero. The Swift Boat Veterans are another miserable group that has thrown its hat into the ring. Remember Moveon.org? Yes, unfortunately for Senator Kerry it works both ways. His record in Vietnam isn't enough to make him a good President.

Kerry said he threw his war medals over the fence on Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House. This dishonors my grandfather, who served in World War II and my great-grandfather who fought in the trenches of WWI. He later recanted his claims but this is the first example of his many infamous flip-flops. He also said he committed atrocities in Vietnam only to say, years later, that he used the wrong words to describe his actions.

Bush didn't commit atrocities. In fact he did what most of you are doing right now. He went to college and partied while there was a war raging. Not the most honorable thing, but not dishonorable. He earned a degree from Yale, so he's not as dumb as liberals think. President Bush has an honorable discharge from the Texas Air National Guard so we won't be attacking him for that either. Thanks, Mr. Rather.

Kerry changes his mind so much that he has no defined message or plan. He has several different ones depending on whom he is addressing. Most liberals will vote for him just to get Bush out of office. Shame on you. I say don't vote at all. Things aren't going to get better on Kerry's watch.

This election process has been a great ride. I mean, I laughed when John Edwards demanded that Bush apologize for the Swift Boat people when all along Bush has said that 527 groups should be banned. I cried when Kerry told the American people in March that he "voted for the 87 billion before he voted against it." That money was going to protect our brothers and sisters on the front lines, thanks.

You can all criticize Bush for the war in Iraq. There weren't weapons of mass destruction, but Saddam Hussein's mass graves have stopped expanding. And don't scoff because Kerry voted for the same war, remember? Then Kerry flips and flops like a fish out of water again. He later told Reuters that it was the "wrong war at the wrong time." What he really means will never be clear.

The fact of the matter is that Saddam ignored resolutions for a decade or more and the United Nations threatened with "serious consequences" if he did not comply with numerous resolutions which we all know that he did not. The U.N. failed and that is why we are in Iraq.

Kerry plans on raising taxes, which is simply not acceptable. In the Senate he voted 98 times to raise taxes. This came to a little over two trillion dollars. My father is the soul provider for my family and also a small business owner. If Kerry is elected then the tax hike will cripple what little progress he has been able to make in this economy that started it's descent before Bush came into office. The economy is rebounding and a tax hike will not help.

Kerry also has a four-point plan for Iraq. In brief he wants to share contracts with other nations to get a few more foreign boots on the ground, train Iraqi troops, create jobs and boost their economy through the selling of Iraqi oil. He is also seeking U.N. support for Iraq's upcoming elections. The Bush campaign responded to his plan several days ago. "We are already doing that," they said.

With the first debate in Miami on Sept. 30, everyone should listen to what Kerry says when he is forced to explain himself for his record and for his future plans. You'll hear a misguided man with an unclear vision of America. Bush may not be perfect but he goes to bat for his people instead of trying to please the entire world at the expense of those very same people's safety.

Matthew M. Burke is a Collegian columnist.

SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great column! Maybe there is hope for the young people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: