SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what everyone seems to have forgotten
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In fact, Congress never declared war on North Vietnam, so it seems absurd to call it a war.

OH please Rolling Eyes

if that's the best you can do, do like your buddies and moveon
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FargoUT wrote:
Wait a minute... I'm quite sick of people using hyperbole to make the case against John Kerry. He holds no animosity towards Vietnam veterans. He is a peace promoter, which apparently also makes you anti-American? John Kerry's made plenty of mistakes, but none of them warrant being called anti-American or unpatriotic. He fought in Vietnam (this is undeniable) and came home to protest against the government's misguided approach to the Vietnam conflict. It was unlike any war we'd ever fought before (the closest thing had been the Pacific battles during WWII). In fact, Congress never declared war on North Vietnam, so it seems absurd to call it a war. I guess we've just gotten used to referring to it as such.

Many vets protested the war. Should we call all vets who protested "anti-American"? Or just the ones running for office? Heck, even John McCain was slandered for his service.

Admin note: I'd invite any interested viewer to do a word search of this topic and point out another use of the word "anti-American". I think you'll find it appears in only one post. This one.

There is a difference between criticism of your governments policy and advocating the policy of the enemies of your government.

There is a difference between saying that atrocities by out of control individuals occured and that your government had a policy of committing atrocities.

There is a difference between honestly reporting what you believe to be the truth and lying to create a false picture of the truth.

If John Kerry holds no animosity towards veterans, then why did he say the disgusting things about them that he did and why has he not repudiated what he said to this day? He has only apologised for the hyperbole he used, not the substance of what he claimed. He remains proud of what he said and did to this day.

It is not anti-American to be against war and want peace, no one in their right mind hates peace and wants war.
It is anti-American to promote an agenda that advocates acceptance of a peace plan designed by the enemy America is at war with.

John Kerry by his words and deeds is anti-American and a traitor!
On November 2nd, 2004 the people of America will repudiate him!
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we talk about Kerry and how bad he is and all the bad things he has done to our vets, our cuntry, and I agree with you, all of us, I am beginning to realize that bad boys are just bad boys and the crimes or atrosities they perpetrate are not dependent upon their desires near so much as they are dependent upon the opportunity presented to these people.

My dad used to say that if you want to know a man's reason for doing something, first look to his sex life, then his financial situation, then power, and therein you will find your answer. I have learned this is oh so true.

with just a little bit of power, by virtue of a bunch of doves in congress that wanted us out of Vietnam, just like they want out of Iraq now, Kerry parlayed that little bit of power handed him, put it together with his anti-american organization and used it against his own country for the sole purpose of generating more power.

Does anyone think the Presidency is the end of his goal? What of his legacy. What kind of a legacy will it take to satisfy this man? The man who as prosecutor claimed to have solved more cases in the area under his jurisdiction than there actually were in the entire county. The man who claimed to have introduced legislation when in fact he had not. A man that tells such blatant, easily checked lies, how much more outlandish can it become? And how much more dangerous??

If my theory is true, that the evil man does is in direct relation to the opportunity he has, what makes him different than any of the other bad boys, including the terrorists. Evil is evil, and John F'n Kerry IS the epitamy of evil, and the power he would have as President......well.......You can if you want..........but I cannot bear to think about it.
JPI
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Something I wish we never forgot Reply with quote

Something I wish we never forgot

UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
Amendment XIV
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

It's amazing what a country can forget in time, or did someone just close their eyes to this

Either way, had we not forgot this, he would have been just nother anti-war activist and they're a dime a dozen
mathman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: NOT Forgotten Reply with quote

No, not forgotten. Too many returning veterans were harmed by the lies of Lt. Kerry. Reminded, recalled, recovered, brought back--consult your thesaurus for more synonyms. Our true "Band of Brothers" has finally begun to wake up, and they will find that they are STRONG. ('Crying or Very sad')

As is true for many unpleasant memories, these experiences have deliberately not been considered for 30+ years. It is time to take out the photo albums, the uniforms, the old letters, the books of clippings, the complete set of recollections.
THIS IS WAR. Our military did not lose the Vietnam War. Our leftist media, our leftist academics, and our leftist Congress lost the war. Their tool was propaganda, and one of their most effective proponents was John Forbes Kerry.
I wasn't there: I would have had to re-up to go, and my future was in teaching. BUT MANY OF YOU WERE.
It is now time to REMEMBER. Bring it all back, vets. You were betrayed. Ho Chi Minh was right in giving an award to JFK. He earned it.
NOW DO NOT LET HIM GET ELECTED. IF YOU KNOW PEOPLE IN THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS, TELL THEM NOT TO SEND THE TRAITOR BACK TO THE SENATE.
emet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Wintersoldier and VVAW Leadership Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin note:

Please find another outlet for your conspiracy theories. They are not welcome here.
emet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Winter Soldier Reply with quote

Thanks. I am actually quite pleased at your position. As I had noted, it was really offered in humor, and to make a point.

However, I wonder if Moveon would have taken that position had I put forward an equivalent hypothesis about Mr. Bush? I tend to doubt it.

I appreciate the higher standards on this site.

However, having said that, I wonder whether intemperate language is appropriate or if it works against the value of this site.

Specifically -- While I agree that Mr. Kerry is unfit for any leadership role of responsibility, requiring integrity and trust, calling him a "traitor" is excessive. And to the extent that this is a moderated site, and you have demonstrated that there are limits to my free speach on this site, I suggest that similar action be taken to rein in equivalent language excesses.

Please take this as a minor criticism -- I believe you guys are doing a great job -- on behalf of myself and my family, thanks.
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: what everyone seems to have forgotten Reply with quote

[quote="fortdixlover"]
dfountain3928 wrote:

Kerry's been a pretty bad boy, but I don't think there is anything worse than terrorists,
-- FDL

he far surpasses the terrorists
i think his actions of the past has led directly to where we are now, and that INCLUDES losing the Towers.

when he came home he enfluenced U.S. policy and made us seem weak in the world's eye.
that percieved weakness, by our enemies, led to 9/11/01

our weak image is why we haven't got more help in Iraq... so we are still living with the results of his traitorist actions... along with Fonda's
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter Soldier Reply with quote

emet wrote:
However, having said that, I wonder whether intemperate language is appropriate or if it works against the value of this site.

Intemperate language is to be expected.

This is a genie unstoppered after 30+ years.

The foulest, slimiest betrayal foisted upon our brothers and sisters in arms in our history.

The people who he betrayed are now speaking up. Intemperate? Hell, yes it's intemperate.

But, it's truth.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: those on the left ... Reply with quote

Why is it those on the Left only want to take credit for one half of their actions ?

They want to say John Kerry was "brave" to speak "truth" to power in 1971. Well, the country did what John wanted, we left Vietnam. I think John Kerry should share some of the credit for that "noble" result.

I also think John Kerry should take some credit for the deaths of 500,000+ south Vietnamese slaughtered by the North after they took over the south. I also think he deserves some credit for the slaughter of 1 million + Cambodians. and of course the Boat People give John credit.

So lets add up the "credits" from a liberal perspective.

Good Credits - US out of Vietnam

Bad Credits - 1,500,000+ dead civilians, 2,000,000 + boat people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: