SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How should Bush address Vietnam questions during debates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: How should Bush address Vietnam questions during debates? Reply with quote

Okay folks..it is almost upon us. You know as well as I, the media is going to bring up the Guard and the Swifties to both sides. How should Bush counter? What would serve him well, without seeming to diminish Kerry in the minds of the the more "sensitive" voter..Should Bush bring up what Kerry did after he came home?

I am not a vet, therefore, I do not feel qualifed to answer. But I would love to hear what you think he should say and counter with..thanks..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend Bush just keep on repeating what he has been, that Kerry served honorably and he wasn't sent to Viet Nam. Let Kerry brag about his 4 months all he wants, that's being shot down very effectively.

Last edited by LewWaters on Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What LewWaters said--

Twice--C
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep doin' what he's doin'.

I have seen an "Admin Edit" here before that says something to the effect of' "Lets maintain the high ground."

This is "A1 Quality advice.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I would recommend Bush just keep on repeating what he has been, that Kerry served honorably and he wasn't sent to Viet Nam. Let Kerry brag about his 4 months all he wants, that's being shot down very effectively.

Probably best. But he should also close any statement regarding Kerry's " "pretend" heroic Vietnam service by urging him to satisfy all speculation to get it behind him by releasing "ALL" of his service records (including FitReps) just like Kerry demanded that Bush do about Guard service.

That'll put Kerry on the spot to either put up, or shut up (once and for all.....PLEASE)...

Also, he should repeatedly remind Kerry that the debate is about current issues and what matters to most Americans, and not what happened 35 years ago. Unless of course it's something to reveal Kerry for what he really is...
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Lou. He should, and will, stand above the fray. There's enough on Kerry's record to hammer him good.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must disagree. I think Bush should demand, as sitting president, to speak last at the final debate. Then, his final sentences should be something along the following lines:

"My countrymen, we are engaged in a war on foreign soil. In this election, you are called on to make a historic choice.

If my opponent is elected, we know - given his past history - that he will not do what is in America's interests. He has betrayed his country's interests once before while we were engaged in a foreign war, meeting with our enemies and working against US policy. His efforts were instrumental in causing us to leave an ally to the "tender mercies" of Communist dictatorship. To put it plainly: he and his "friends" were at least partially responsible for convincing the United States to turn tail and run.

I promise you that, if elected, America will do what we all know is necessary. Under my leadership, America will never turn tail and run."

Yeah, I know, it's not going to happen. But it should.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: