SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Ronald Reagan 1911-2004 Reply with quote

Semper Fi Mr. President.....Journey in Peace.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Ronald Reagan Reply with quote

He has my deepest respect ..... Semper Fi!
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest in Peace, Mr. President. You have earned it far more than most.
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great man has just passed. The tail end of my service time was when Mr. Reagan came in. Stickers where everywhere that said "Go Navy, Go hyungry" and "Go Navy, Go broke" because of Carter. He promised to take us off food stams, and he kept his campaign promise. Salute a great man.

tigerflyboy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: A great man has passed Reply with quote

I salute Ronald Reagan, I served under him with pride, he was one of our greatest presidents, At least he's not in pain anymore, God, and this country will look back on Mr Reagan not only as a great communicator, but as a great human being and civil servant!
Rest in Peace Ronnie!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xsquid wrote:
He promised to take us off food stams, and he kept his campaign promise.

He sure did! I got an 18.5% across-the-board pay increase, DH was an E6 and got around a 14% increase, if I remember correctly.

More than that, there was finally money for training flights, which meant there was more training for everyone else on base - air controllers, linesmen, crash/fire, LSO's, maintanence people, plane captains, storekeepers, log keepers, etc.

We had spare parts again and the Hangar Queens disappeared.

We transitioned from 40's & 50's teletype equipment to digital lines. Our runways got fixed. Our field lighting got an update. We got a reliable TACAN and WX got more accurate weather equipment.

The military owes him a huge debt of gratitude. It had long been a shameful thing to serve in the Armed Forces. President Reagan gave us back our pride along with building our strength and skill.

Peace through strength~!
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He sure did! I got an 18.5% across-the-board pay increase, DH was an E6 and got around a 14% increase, if I remember correctly.
That's probably correct. I remember the first ne whas huge and for they next several years they were scheduled to be large, but less than the previous year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: