SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sad Treatment of Iraqi PM Allawi by UN General Assembly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Sad Treatment of Iraqi PM Allawi by UN General Assembly Reply with quote

As Prime Minister Allawi walked to the podium to give a very powerful speech, I noticed that the assembly hall was nearly empty, the camera only showed isolated close-up shots of the delegates in the audience during the speech, but even those shots showed empty seats all around! What is up with that?

Last edited by DaveL on Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is up with that?

Hey thats standard opsec for the UN. They disregard or lashout at anybody thats fighting to do good, and create a better situation.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was expecting more support, or at least more interest in the leader of a strategically important country, struggling for survival and peace in a critical part of the world!!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I would have hoped so also but from just watching the actions of the UN over the years it's realy hard to expect very much out of them anymore. They love to rant and wave they're collective finger in the air over issues but when a country stands up and actualy DOES something then .... well they are outraged, up in arms, flabergasted that any nation would actualy DO something without consulting them first and getting permission.

No offence to the participating countries, many are stoughtheart and strong.

But anymore you see better decision making skills on Sesamee Street.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: un my butt! Reply with quote

I agree, I find it disturbing.
But you let some mealy mouth nation want something and boy they got that hand right out there. I would take names because eventually they will want something, then its "what part of go to hell dont you get".
I feel the same way for nations that wont help out in Iraq.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good countries that are with us now need to back out of the UN now.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad Treatment of Iraqi PM Allawi by UN General Assembly Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
As Prime Minister Allawi walked to the podium to give a very powerful speech, I noticed that the assembly hall was nearly empty, the camera only showed isolated closup shots of the delegates in the audience during the speech, but even those shots showed empty seats all around! What is up with that?

..gee... and candidate Kerry"dissed" him after he talked to Congress. I wonder if there is some kind of a message here?
Chukkal
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: United Namby-pambies Reply with quote

I think those missing U.N. delegates were afraid that the Iraqi PM just might read the list of Food-for-Oil turncoats. Those present were the innocent ones.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunts like this succeed in proving the UN's irrelevancy in today's world.

It started off as a noble idea, but it is now corrupt and rotting and putrid.

IMHO, of course. Wink
rekcutt
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: UN Reply with quote

If the UN delegates and officals can't see a way to fleece money out of a country or use it for the political purposes - they ignore them. Personally, I look forward to the day that the US and some of our NATO partners (UK, Denmark, Italy, Turkey and the "New" Europe countries) set up a separate organization to control humanitarian aid, and the UN goes the way of the League of Nations. . . . it's long over due in my view.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to have the bxlls to kick UN out of our country.

UN is a gang of bastxxds out to destroy America, while we funded most of the expenses.

UN can't even handle the situation in Sudan.

Tell UN either they are with us or against us. We don't need them, they need us.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
It started off as a noble idea, but it is now corrupt and rotting and putrid.

IMHO, of course. Wink

Couldn't have said it better 3N Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad Treatment of Iraqi PM Allawi by UN General Assembly Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
As Prime Minister Allawi walked to the podium to give a very powerful speech, I noticed that the assembly hall was nearly empty, the camera only showed isolated close-up shots of the delegates in the audience during the speech, but even those shots showed empty seats all around! What is up with that?

I also noticed this and the fact that Kerry/Edwards were not there. Sad
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sad Treatment of Iraqi PM Allawi by UN General Assembly Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
I think they are missing Baghdad Bob.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God and Country wrote:
We need to have the bxlls to kick UN out of our country.
Not that I havn't felt like that too,but can you imagine what it would be like if the U.N. were in Paris and we weren't there to veto half of their ****? IMHO we should cut funding to the U.N. to the same level as the next highest paying country and watch them have to get rid of 80% of the people working there, effectively making it useless.

Last edited by eXcel on Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: