SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AD: "Betrayal" is too big of a leap for most

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: AD: "Betrayal" is too big of a leap for most Reply with quote

John Kerry never has had to deny or affirm any of the lies he has told.

"Betrayal" is too big of leap for most to make in judging Kerry. It sounds too much like the Bush is a traitor rhetoric espoused by Gore.

The easist lie to show in a short commercial is
Quote:
Oct. 14 1979 Boston Herald article that states:

"On more than one occasion, I like Martin Sheen in "Apocalypse Now," ook my patrol boat into Cambodia. In fact I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

Nixon was not sworn in until Jan 2? 1969.

On March 27, 1986, Kerry took the floor of the U.S. Senate to deliver a dramatic indictment of Reagan administration foreign policy. As is his habit, he drew on his Vietnam experience: "I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and having the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there."

He continued: "I have that memory which is seared — seared — in me, that says to me, before we send another generation into harm's way we have a responsibility in the U.S. Senate to go the last step, to make the best effort possible to avoid that kind of conflict."

Kerry's Vietnam journal (excerpted in the Boston Globe) shows that on Christmas 1968 he was docked at Sa Dec, 50 miles from Cambodia.

Your Campaign has said that your were not in Cambodia, Christmas 1968.
Your own journal says you were docked at Sa Dec, on Christmas 1968.

John, where were you on Christmas, 1968?
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance,

You're new to the forums - welcome.

There is a hugh number of messages on this forum that go back several months and I know it's next to impossible for a new member to go back through them all.

The "Christmas in Cambodia" issue was extensively discussed here in the past. A search for Christmas and Cambodia shoud lead you to some of these messages. Have fun!
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: it was covered long ago here Reply with quote

Yes, it was covered long ago here, but people out side thisecho chamber have not heard of it... My point is WE need to get the word out!

I am suggesting an ad.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance,

There was such an ad, called "Gunner" and featured Steve Gardner. It was (in my humble opinion) one of the best ones, but I don't know if it's still being run anywhere. You can view it on this site:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/index.php?topic=Ads

(Go down the page somewhat.)
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Commercial... Reply with quote

Lance_Flatchew wrote:
...My point is WE need to get the word out!...

Right you are! The 35 remaining days are not enough for millions to REDISCOVER what the relatively few here already know. A few key words need to be published in masses of media. I try to send an email every day to a different newspaper, blog, talk radio show or OIM (Old Irrelevant Media). Often, these contain a link back to this forum. There are enough media to keep me in business for far more than 35 days. If everyone does that, we might prevail.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a book - John Kerrytales
Christmas in Cambodia
My Cheatin Hearts
Shrapel Three Times and You're Out!
Summertime in Paris with Madame Bihn
Et tu, Kerry?
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope that there are enough funds available to rerun all of the SwiftBoat ads in the final two weeks before the election to refresh people's memories. Unfortunatly most people forget all too quickly.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if CBS spent an entire non bias 60 minute episode (like they did promoting Clintons book) on Kerry his 4 month tour, his senate testimony, and his association with the VVAW the public would have a better understanding of what is behind these ads. I think this is why the GOP agreed to 3 debates rather then 2 like Clinton did. Because the more people find out about Kerry the less they like him. The ads are very effective because it is human nature to enquire and I do believe the younger people are enquiring and changing their mind. Remember the bump less DNC convention. The pun dents all said it was because they were so few undecided voters. Prior to the airing of the 8/5/04 SBFT add Kerry was up by 5 points and now down by 8. A difference of 13 points so I think theirs another ever growing category of redecideds that the media hasn't even recognized.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ad is truly one of the best, yet they are all great. They
are extremely effective, more bang for the buck that the 12 million
Soros has spent so far, and still spending.

Time to send in some more moolah on my part, I've never,ever,
given money to a political party, just to a good cause, and if this
isn't a good cause, I don't know what is one. Smile

Gotta get enough cash in the coffers to cover the airwaves with these ads!
Sixty Minutes should be made to do a 60 minute special with the Swiftvets
as part of their punishment, like making em take castor oil.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:

Gotta get enough cash in the coffers to cover the airwaves with these ads!
Sixty Minutes should be made to do a 60 minute special with the Swiftvets
as part of their punishment, like making em take castor oil.

Yes, excellent idea Malloy! While we're at it let's make Dan BLATHer read excerpts from UFC on air...and give the web addresses for contributions to SBVfT...just some thoughts here! Laughing
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
more bang for the buck that the 12 million
Soros has spent so far, and still spending.

Soros is up to 18 mil and counting. But you are right in that he has gotten no where near the bang for the buck as the swiftboat campaign.

keep em coming!

"He's donated some $18 million to organizations working to defeat President Bush. Now, billionaire George Soros is taking his campaign - and money - on the road. The Hungarian-born activist will spend between $2 million and $3 million in the next month visiting a dozen cities, sending at least 2 million informational pamphlets to voters and placing ads in national and local newspapers."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4521514,00.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: