SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Media's desperate spin this weekend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Media's desperate spin this weekend Reply with quote

Don't know if you've caught the media's spin (and I'm not referring to the hurricane) this weekend. The strategy by the media this weekend is to try to spin the lie that Kerry is launching a comeback. Unfortunately, most of the newest poll numbers do not support that claim.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it was all over the sunday shows that I watch.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's freaking me out.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Media's Spin Reply with quote

There is going to be a great deal more spin by the MSM in the next 36 days. They forget people today look outside the MSM for their news. Heard a former ABC executive (don't remember his name) say MSM is destroying its self. Lets hope so.

RHV
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys and Gals things are going to get really interesting as we get nearer to Nov 2.
What we are witnessing in the MSM is the equivalent of what astronomers would call
a “black hole “, and Dan Rather/CBS and they’re obviously liberally skewed views, are
the “singularity” at it’s center. Any outlet in the MSM that even tries to help them out,
gets caught in the Event Horizon and just can’t seem to escape its pull.

The gravity of the situation (pun intended) is they’re trying to save the Titanic by bailing
it out with a kids sand bucket, they just can’t keep up with the abilities of millions of
independent citizens connected together over the Internet to read, digest, and analyze
any data they throw out for view. The beauty of this is that the MSM as a whole are
bloodthirsty piranhas that just can’t resist the temptation to “feed” on any of their
fellow journalists that become injured in the battle.

I will not even try to predict what the overall outcome of this is going to be, but rest
assured what we and the rest of the world have considered our source of news has
been irrevocably changed.

There is no going back, only forward …
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best possible spin the MSM could give us is that Kerry
is ahead or about to be ahead.

Fellow citizens.... Turn out and vote .....
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azpatriot,

Your conclusions are accurate!

However, a feeding frenzy among the pajama-clad piranha will not devour the sharks in our media ocean unless we bait and feed the existing remora that are growing on the backs of mainsewer sharks.

Talk Radio and Fox are our remora. Make them grow! They feed on email and telephone calls.

Feed the remora! They, like piranha, want to be sharks!

Oh! BTW, most piranha like to take the shade under Swift Boats! Laughing

Last edited by ASPB on Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched segment one on 60 minutes and they had some fool in the interview equating Bush to Al Zaqawi. He said sane people deal in a grey area, an area foreign to both Bush and the terrorists. Moral relativist garbage and making Bush out to be no different then the terrorists. People better wake up and realize what we face with the media and the radical left who would have us surrender to those around the world we currently are at war with.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
Guys and Gals things are going to get really interesting as we get nearer to Nov 2.
What we are witnessing in the MSM is the equivalent of what astronomers would call
a “black hole “, and Dan Rather/CBS and they’re obviously liberally skewed views, are
the “singularity” at it’s center. Any outlet in the MSM that even tries to help them out,

The gravity of the situation (pun intended) is they’re trying to save the Titanic by bailing
it out with a kids sand bucket, they just can’t keep up with the abilities of millions of
independent citizens connected together over the Internet to read, digest, and analyze
any data they throw out for view. The beauty of this is that the MSM as a whole are
bloodthirsty piranhas that just can’t resist the temptation to “feed” on any of their

I will not even try to predict what the overall outcome of this is going to be, but rest
assured what we and the rest of the world have considered our source of news has

Azpatriot, I have to say, I love your astrophysical and nautical metaphors.

As well as your sig!

Proud to be an American! and member of the PAJAMAHADEEN
FedEx Kinko's: When it absolutely, positively has to be forged overnight

-- FDL
azpatriot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB - Thanks for the addition your right we have to keep feeding these guy/gals, I don't know about anyone else but I've built contact and distribution lists in Outlook for mailing different groups, it's saves me time emailing.

FDL - Laughing I snagged those from two different news articles, can’t remember just where right now. They fit into the “funny but accurate” area Mr. Green
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:

Are you trying to say the Emperor has no clothes, and the Swiftees are the little boy that pointed it out? Laughing
azpatriot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEP Very Happy
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, I wonder if someone could come up with a pic of emperor Kerry with no clothes, and the talking heads at the loom?

Hint, hint!

Sorry, I'm not technically literate enough, or I'd do it myself just for fun.

Laughing
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies if this already has been posted. Just a timely tie in.
Larry Austin, Sep 28 wrote:
...since the Democratic convention, the Alphabet news channels have shown Senator John Kerry in a favorable light sixty-two percent of the time while reporting favorably on President Bush only forty-one percent of the time...
http://www.christian-news-in-maine.com/larry_austin.htm

m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big spin offensive starts Fri morning. It goes thus - Kerry won the debate and the race is tightening.
________
MARYJANE

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: