SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush, Kerryand their Form 180s, and the debates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
factman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Bush, Kerryand their Form 180s, and the debates. Reply with quote

First, has Bush signed a Form 180 authorizing the release of his military service records?

If he hasn't done so, then that eases the pressure on Kerry to do so.

Let's assume Bush hasn't yet signed the Form 180. Wouldn't it be a sight to behold if Bush did the following:

1. Sign Form 180 before the upcoming debates.

2. Put a copy of his signed Form 180 in his breast pocket along with a blank Form 180.

3. During the debates, at the first appropriate time, Bush takes out the two Form 180s, states that one of them is a ccopy of his signed form, and he brought along another for Kerry to sign and submit.

The talking heads at CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC would be at a loss as to how they could avoid talking about this during their debate analysis.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Bush authorized by executive order the release of his records a long time ago.
factman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To neverforget:

Thank you for your rewsponse.

However, the MSM would have a field day with the confusion they could create comparing an Executive Order vs a signed Form 180. In the blink of an eye they would claim it was an apples vs oranges contrast.

Besides, Bush couldn't very well ask Kerry to sign an Executive Order- hell, Kerry isn't the President, and let's hope he never is.

I still think it best that Bush eliminate any confusion and bring it down to - here is my signed Form 180, where's yours John?
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

factman wrote:
To neverforget:

However, the MSM would have a field day with the confusion they could create comparing an Executive Order vs a signed Form 180. In the blink of an eye they would claim it was an apples vs oranges contrast.

Besides, Bush couldn't very well ask Kerry to sign an Executive Order- hell, Kerry isn't the President, and let's hope he never is.

I still think it best that Bush eliminate any confusion and bring it down to - here is my signed Form 180, where's yours John?

Kerry isn't going to sign a Form 180. If he were going to, he would have done it by now to make all the noise go away. There's something in his record that he doesn't want anyone to know about. That is the only explanation for his continued refusal to sign it. He's tried every way he and his advisors can think of to make all this go away without his signing it, and he is to the point of the proverbial throwing himself on the grenade lest we see what is actually in his record. The late dating and administration of some of his released and public paperwork gives us clues as to what he is hiding. Personally, I'd be more interested in what the FBI had to say about him during their survellience and contimplation of bringing forth charges against him.
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

factman wrote:
To neverforget:

here we go again ,,a executive order out ranks the standard form 180 ,,it orders the search and release of all known military records to be made public

the standard form 180 just releases kerry's military records ,,people have to do their own search for kerry's records ,,kerry's records would not be ordered to be released to the press ,like bush's executive ordered records are

executive orders trumps signing the 180 form

kerry is a coward that has something to hide that he does not want the public to know about ,,and this is coming from a man that has based his running for president on his vietnam records ,,bush has never tried to run on his military record ,,kerry owes the public his miltary records
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

factman wrote:

Unfortunately, this could also have the effect of releasing all of the documents he's created since he became President.

A Standard Form 180 is out of question for this reason, as I understand it.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
factman wrote:

Unfortunately, this could also have the effect of releasing all of the documents he's created since he became President.

A Standard Form 180 is out of question for this reason, as I understand it.

Good point, and one I hadn't considered. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: