SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celsius 41.11: The Temp. at which the Brain Begins to Die
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Celsius 41.11: The Temp. at which the Brain Begins to Die Reply with quote

On FOX last night, I saw Rita Cosby interview a man (whose name I believe was Corsi) who did a documentary I believe entitiled Celsius 45.11 (or something like that). What I could gather from the short part of the interview I was able to see, this documentary is about John Kerry whereas F911 (pseudo-documentary) was "about Bush." He also stated that he was working on distribution of the film. From the little clips shown, I would say Corsi's film looks like a very interesting documentary.

Anyone know about this? Or know where we could get more information?
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have several different things mixed up.

Corsi is the co-writter of UFC.

Celsius 41.11 is some documentary about Michael Moore's F9/11 by some other 527 unrelated to SBVT.

You might want to try google and poke around.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Celsius 41.11 Reply with quote

http://boxofficemojo.com/pr/?id=1457&p=.htm

I found this review of "Celsius 41.11--the Temperature at which the Brain begins to Die".

With conservatives like Sen. Fred Thompson, Charles Krauthammer, Fred Barnes, and Bill Sammon working on this, it's bound to be a thorough debunking of the propaganda of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9-11.

The remainder of this post is the review from Box Office Mojo:

'Celsius 41.11' Challenges 'Fahrenheit 9/11'
Citizens United
September 16, 2004

CITIZENS UNITED TO PREMIERE 'CELSIUS 41.11 – THE TEMPERATURE AT WHICH THE BRAIN BEGINS TO DIE'

Documentary Challenges Lies in 'Fahrenheit 9/11'; Deconstructs John Kerry

WASHINGTON - Citizens United announced today it has produced the feature length documentary CELSIUS 41.11 – THE TEMPERATURE AT WHICH THE BRAIN BEGINS TO DIE, to refute the lies and propaganda in Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11.

Celsius 41.11 - The Temperature at Which the Brain Begins to Die, is scheduled to begin running theatrically in a number of markets later this month. Citizens United hired Hollywood heavyweights Lionel Chetwynd, Ted Steinberg and Kevin Knoblock to write, produce and direct the film.

Featuring former Senator and star of Law & Order, Fred Thompson, Charles Krauthammer, Fred Barnes, Michael Medved, Michael Barone and Bill Sammon among other Washington veterans, the film counters the lies and deceptions of Fahrenheit 9/11 and provides a full deconstruction of Senator John Kerry, the Democrat presidential nominee.

"After seeing the impact of Fahrenheit 9/11, we decided that there must be a response to correct the record," said David Bossie, president of Citizens United and Executive Producer of Celsius 41.11. "When lies are repeated often enough, they become the truth. That is what we are fighting today, groups like MoveOn.org, The Media Fund, and other left wing organizations spending over one hundred million dollars spreading lies in order to discredit President Bush."

"Michael Moore, MoveOn.org., and their ilk have built up so much heat, through hatred, anger and rage, that they're not thinking rationally, which led us to the movie's title, Celsius 41.11: The Temperature at which the Brain Begins to Die," added Bossie.

Celsius 41.11 is not a point-by-point refutation of Fahrenheit, but corrects the record on the important misleading themes in Moore's movie, including the 2000 Florida presidential vote, weapons of mass destruction, intelligence failures and the war on terror.

In addition, the film documents Democrat presidential nominee John Kerry's 20-year Senate record, from his flip-flopping on important issues to his intent on reducing funding for America's military and intelligence community, even after the first terrorist attack on American soil. The film also covers the first term of President Bush, his record as a leader in the war on terror, and the stark contrasts between the President and Senator Kerry.

"We're hopeful that open-minded people will watch this movie and come away better prepared to cast their vote in November," said Bossie. "It is a factual account of issues that voters need to consider about before accepting the lies and propaganda from zealots like Michael Moore."

Celsius 41.11 takes it roots from Bossie's most recent books, The Many Faces of John Kerry, for which Bossie and a team of researchers and lawyers spent months researching John Kerry, and Intelligence Failure: How Clinton's National Security Policy Set the Stage for 9/11.

Bossie is the former Chief Investigator for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Government Reform and Oversight, where he led investigations into Chinese espionage and campaign finance scandals during President Clinton's term. . He previously served in the United States Senate as an investigator on the Special Committee to investigate the Whitewater land deal.

Celsius 41.11 - The Temperature at Which the Brain Begins to Die is an Adams County Production of a Citizens United film, executive produced by David Bossie and Craig Haffner, written and produced by the team of Lionel Chetwynd & Ted Steinberg and directed by Kevin Knoblock.

For more information about Citizens United, visit www.citizensunited.org
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the information. I stand corrected. Embarassed
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. . . John O'Neill is a STAR in the film! Cool Wink Very Happy
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we can get enough copies of it to the troops in the Middle East who watched F911 a couple of weeks ago.

They got told for two hours that their CinC was a liar who took them to war for oil and familial connections and that they're fighting for nothing.

How much more demoralizing can you get? It's like Jane Fonda's FTA tour. Sad

This movie is the antidote - they need to hear that Americans are behind them, that we believe in them and in their mission.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something an ex-vet called paratrooper came up with on moorewatch.com

great idea for the troops in Iraq!

Quote:

Posted by paratrooper on 09/24 at 03:45 PM • E-mail this to a friend

Ladies and Gents,

I am so incredibly happy to announce to you that I have just secured 5000 free copies of Fahrenhype 911 for distribution to the troops.

Yes, you read that right. FIVE THOUSAND COPIES!

I will be giving more details in the near future.

But for now. I need your help.

I need to know who handles shipments like this to Iraq. Organizations, charities, or even official avenues.
How can we get them distributed? How fast can it happen?

I need addresses, names, phone numbers, anything.

Time is very short, and we must move quickly.

Also, I will still need help covering the distribution and freight costs to get them there, so stay tuned for the new site on monday where you can paypal some buck-a-roos to help us get them into the hands of the troops.

Thank you to all of those who helped with this so far , and thanks for all of those who will donate next week.

This is amazing.

***UPDATE***

Please be aware that we will be sending the movie “FAHRENHYPE-911” not Fahrenheit 9-11, some confused e-mails are coming in about this. We are not sending the Moore movie.

If anyone is interested, please mosey over and take a look...

1st http://moorewatch.com/index.php/weblog/comments/1049/

JimK's message about the related article:

Quote:

Posted by JimK on 09/24 at 09:11 PM • E-mail this to a friend

I’ve been sitting here pondering just how to effectively get the message that we, the people, care about these soldiers AND their mission, and that we support them not just in word, but in deed and spirit.

And the bottom line is, nothing works like a personal letter. If I had a nickel for every time I was told about, or read an account of, how a personal letter, even from a stranger, improved troop morale in thefield, I would be rich enough to buy all 5000 DVDs myself. Wink

This leads me to a dilemma: how to get letters in the hands of troops and make sure the crackpots aren’t taking advantage of our need for speed on this issue...but I think I have the answer. Take a look at this idea and shoot holes in it if you can, because I want to know before I start if it will work.

I’ll set up an email address. We’ll publicize it here and around the Internet, and people will write supportive letters to the troops and send them to this email address.

I will weed out the crackpots and spam, and pick say, 5-10 of the best, most poignant and well-written letters, and print 5000 copies of each letter at Kinkos or Staples. I’ll then ship these copies to whomever helps us distribute the DVDs, with instructions that one of each be included with each DVD.

The costs, based on my best guess, would be around 1500 bucks for copies, and a boatload for shipping that much paper (probably near to 300 bucks or more depending on what method we used and how fast we needed to ship).

Anyone see any unfixable hurdles in this idea?

2nd http://moorewatch.com/index.php/weblog/comments/1050/

Sorry if not quiet on topic... but I thinks it's pretty close...
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, talk about answered prayers!

Thank you for the articles from moorewatch - perfect timing!
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the power and speed of the internet... where would be be without it in this day and time Smile

And no prob Surprised
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush will be on in 30 minutes or so. I just sent him 4 emails regarding the following:

Stolen Honor
Celsius 41.11
Giving Aid and Comfort (MUST READ article mentioned in another post)
Veterans React to Wounded Soldier's Beating (MUST READ article mentioned in another post)

I hope that others also chime in and encourage him to discuss these.

B
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Posted by JimK on 09/24 at 09:11 PM • E-mail this to a friend

I’ve been sitting here pondering just how to effectively get the message that we, the people, care about these soldiers AND their mission, and that we support them not just in word, but in deed and spirit.

And the bottom line is, nothing works like a personal letter. If I had a nickel for every time I was told about, or read an account of, how a personal letter, even from a stranger, improved troop morale in thefield, I would be rich enough to buy all 5000 DVDs myself. Wink

I have been shipping packages to soldiers on this website. There is usually one soldier that has signed up his whole unit for packages / mail. Maybe this will help. (BTW, just FYI...I shipped a package today - approx. 15 lbs. to Iraq, and it cost me $35.00!!! EEEEKKKSSS!) It's expensive!

http://www.anysoldier.us/index.cfm
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
I love the power and speed of the internet... where would be be without it in this day and time Smile

And no prob Surprised

I understand your point there but we must also reflect on the down side of this technology that allows Zarchawi (the heinous monster) to ply his sick human butchery before an international 'audience.'
Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
That said, I totally agree that people of goodwill need to utilize the internet for all its worth.
angelwings
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the site regarding AnySoldier..will be sending this to friends as well. Sounds like an wonderful way to thank our Forces....
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaiah 41:11

All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Isaiah 41:11

All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.

take that Michael Moore....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: