SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly On 60 Minutes...It will TICK you off
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been boycotting him since the CBS thing broke.

He's different now.

That would have been something he would have railed against, the response: pandering and lame-ass.

No BOR for me.

I gladly listen to the entertaining Maha-Rushie instead, and I don't watch much TV.

reconflyer
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for replacing O'reilly with Scarborough...
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been boycotting all CBS news shows, mainly 60 minutes for many months now. The only reason I watched last night was to see Bill Orielly and what he was going to say. Not only was I not surprised, I was expecting it. I am amazed at the 360 this guy has taken, and I wonder how anyone can ever take him seriously again. Maybe we all confused his tough talk with a reasonable person, but it is a blatant change nonetheless. He called himself a journalist... he needs to see the reality of it all - most of us 'intelligent people' (like crabby Andy Rooney called us) know that O'Reilly and others like him are OP-ED commentators, not journalists. They just aren't. Rather, on the other hand, is a journalist and acts like an opinionated commentator. Unlike O'Reilly, we are supposed to take him seriously. I can see right thru O'Reilly, he's missing a few screws. Totally self-absorbed. It's in the man's eyes!
Anyone remember him hosting the tabloid show 'A Current Affair'!!????

Last edited by Rdtf on Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is such a BS ******* that is EVERYTHING he claims he isnt.

1) He is a sellout.
2) He is PART OF THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA
3) He is an RICH Elistist.
4) He is a EGO manaic.
5) He is dishonest.

That is he CORE -- He has become the very thing he falsely rails against.

Very true
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been boycotting him for several weeks now. The pages of his books now serve as liners for my kitten's litter box. This is the beginning of the end for BOR. He picked the wrong people to lie to. These are the people that made him what he is.

He's forgotten one very important thing. This is post-9/11 and we can no longer be fooled. So he can just go and have his little love affair with Kerry. We don't want him. I'm watching H&C and then switching over to Scarborough and then back to Brit Hume.

I call on everyone to boycott and blast BOR every chance they get!
-President George W. Bush
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOX won't dump O'Reilly until his ratings are in the basement. That's what we need to aim for. I would dearly love to replace him with Ann Coulter. FOX needs her in the lineup. I already switch to Scarborough.

I think we have been deceived by BOR for a long time and I really hate that. He has been a trojan horse and we never got it. Anybody ever buy his stupid Factor Gear? I never bought into that or his books.

Last edited by Nomorelies on Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
FOX won't dump O'Reilly until his ratings are in the basement. That's what we need to aim for. I would dearly love to replace him with Ann Coulter. FOX needs her in the lineup. I already switch to Scarborough.

I think we have been deceived by BOR for a long time and I really hate that. He has been a trojan horse and we never got it. Anybody ever buy his stupid Factor Gear? I never bought into that our his books.

Ann Coulter would be great. I can't imagine with O'Reilly's big switcharoo that they would be expecting his old viewer base to stick with him. What made everyone loyal has changed. Either they are stupid or there are other plans for O'Reilly that don't involve a need for the old viewership. I bet on the latter.
BMG Mike
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
Bill O'Reilly calls Kerry a "patriot"

Patriot \Pa"tri*ot\, n. [F. patriote; cf. Sp. patriota, It.
patriotto; all fr. Gr. ? a fellow-countryman, fr. ?
established by forefathers, fr. ? father. See Father.]
One who loves his country, and zealously supports its
authority and interests
. --Bp. Hall.

I think all of us would beg to differ!

- - - - -

Whether I disagree or not depends on what the definition of "his country" is, doesn't it? Kerry seems to be working overtime for France, Viet Nam, . . . . - almost anything but the USA.

He seems zealously opposed to US interests. What's he done since '71 to make me believe that he's American?

Hmmm. "What's he done since '71??" Might be a good campaign theme.

Stay the Course!

Mike
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:

I think we have been deceived by BOR for a long time and I really hate that. He has been a trojan horse and we never got it. Anybody ever buy his stupid Factor Gear? I never bought into that or his books.

Watch his ratings take a dive and Scarborough go through the roof! That's my goal. Ann Coulter is great and we also need to have Hannity with his own show. Maybe they can hook Colmes up with BOR.

I also think we've been deceived by BOR. I never bought his stupid Factor Gear (way too dorky) (and my kitten is enjoying the pages of his book in her litter box).

I specifically remember him blasting Martha Stewart for being a "phony". Hmmm, looks like he's learning from the best.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to forget about O'Reilly. I have. He's become a distraction even though he's now irrelevant. Only 35 days left and we need to focus on Kerry.
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
We need to forget about O'Reilly. I have. He's become a distraction even though he's now irrelevant. Only 35 days left and we need to focus on Kerry.

You're right. I've been hearing so many people say that the Vietnam war is over and we need to get on with it. I say it's not over until you guys (Swifties) say it's over and not a day sooner!

Time to hammer away at Kerry and really drop the big bombshells! Hannity said he's made it his mission to expose this fraud even further from now until the end of election! Cool
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna Savage wrote:
I have been boycotting him for several weeks now. The pages of his books now serve as liners for my kitten's litter box. This is the beginning of the end for BOR. He picked the wrong people to lie to. These are the people that made him what he is.

He's forgotten one very important thing. This is post-9/11 and we can no longer be fooled. So he can just go and have his little love affair with Kerry. We don't want him. I'm watching H&C and then switching over to Scarborough and then back to Brit Hume.

I call on everyone to boycott and blast BOR every chance they get!

I haven't watch bor since he trashed the swifties......except to see the Oneill interview. I am disgusted with him, but I think some of that is disgust with myself for having been hoodwinked by the SOB. I usually can see through people fairly quickly. Got suckerpunched good....and that is quite sobering.

Zell Miller
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR's agenda was obvious during the week the Rathergate hit. BOR kept making excuses for them. Then, at the end of the week, BOR announced he had an interview with Mike Wallace on 60 minutes. I thought what a fraud you are! I understood then why Bill took such a soft touch with CBS.

I watch Joe S. He has covered the Rathergate mess much better than anyone else I've seen on any of the cable show.

I elect Ann Coulter too, to take BOR's spot. She would certainly blow the door off BOR and expose the MSM.

By the way, I don't think BOR will vote for Kerry because one thing BOR does not want is his taxes to go up. He always says he pays plenty as it is now because he's so rich.

I haven't watched 60 minutes for probably the last 14 years. The show made me sick a long time ago.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
WayCool
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boycotting

bor

Done.
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this e-mail to O'Reilly -

"So you were lining up 3 interviews with Viacom while you were 'analyzing' Rathergate - Letterman (CBS), Daily Show (Comedy Central) and 60 Minutes (CBS). You are looking out for you.

Between that and your treatment of the Swift Boat Vets, I'm done with you O'Reilly."

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: