SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS Feeling The Heat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: CBS Feeling The Heat Reply with quote

CBS and their affiliates have really been feeling the heat from the Dan Rather scandal and we should keep the heat on.

Reasons.. For the last week the CBS afflilate in Phoenix (KPHO-5, covers the whole state) has had their General Manager on every night during the 10 o'clock news, stating the fact that they have heard from an untold number of viewers, from all over the country (Arizona is a big Snowbird state) concerning the Dan Rather debacle. He stated that the viewers concern is taken very seriously by the station. He goes on to let everyone know their standards of reporting "honest" news, etc, etc.. but what is interesting is how they (the affiliates) are distancing themselves from CBS National News. They must be feeling the heat big time on the Rather situation since he has been on every night last week that I watched the news letting people know that they are an "independent affiliate" of CBS but understand the viewers concerns.

I emailed CBS (local) and CBS Evening News (national) voicing my opinions on the situation. What was most disturbing to me was that the CBS local station anchors were still referring to the story as "the investigation into President Bush's National Guard tour". I was infuriated that rather than calling it "the investigation into Dan Rather and his lies and deciet investigation" the liberal anchors (just before the Gen Mgr. came on each night) were still trying to pass this bastard story off as if it was President Bush that had made up the lies and forgeries.

I wrote to the Gen Mgr at CBS Pheonix and stated my frustration (in very stern words) that even preceding his nightly speech his liberal anchors were still slanting the story and that I was ready to tune them out just like I had CBS/Rather long ago. I never heard from CBS Evening news (of course) but I did get an email back from the GM in Phoenix stating that he completely understood and that they (the affiliates) take this whole situation "very" seriously and did not want to loose their valued viewers. I don't think this was a "form" email because he addressed the individual points I had made in my email to him.

So, take a few minutes to find your CBS affiliate and let them know that liberal anchors distorting the news to fit their bias is BS and that if they don't straighten up you will tune them out. They ARE feeling the heat and it is about time (and this scandal will help) that the News people start reporting the News (truth) again and not slant it to fit their political leaning no matter what side they are on or what side you are on.

P.S. - As a footnote to my above message. I just got another email from another "higher up" at the same Phoenix CBS affiliate station stating (again) their concerns, but it went on to say, quote "In addition, please note that your e-mail has also been forwarded to CBS in New York so that they will have a record of our viewers' concerns. "

So, people at the local level stations ARE paying attention (since I got two responses to my single email).. Hmmmmmm ?

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I email CBS2 Chicago about every other day. I let them know that by standing with Rather, they lose all credibility, I also let them know that I continue to watch, only to find out who's sponsoring CBS and then letting them know that I am boycotting their products and services until such a time that CBS 2 makes a statement, or said sponsor quits advertising on CBS.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed my local affiliate also and the first time they waited until Rather broke the big news story about the documents that couldn't be authenticated. Then all I got was the company press realease. When I informed them that dog don't hunt, they sent me a statement about the new investigation.
In the spirit of CBS news investigating themselves in this manner, I think we need to re-evaluate our criminal justice system. According to the logic at CBS we should allow our criminals to investigate themselves and based on that determine the punishment.
DaveS
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is the response I recieved from my affiliate today,

"I'm not aware if Dan Rather is covering the debates or not. We are
trying to remain objective on the situation, but I can't disagree with
your concern. I'm copying viewer services at CBS on this email, so
they're aware of your email.

We're hopeful CBS does the right thing and puts this to rest soon.

Best regards,"

I do think they are feeling our pain.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: e-mail GM and Ford Reply with quote

with out those two , CBS is cbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: