SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for the enlightenment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Thanks for the enlightenment Reply with quote

I learned about the Swiftboat Vets from talk radio in July and I was really outraged when the tv media outlets chose to immediately ignore the claims against Kerry. I have not read the book, however, I have read many online articles and heared excerpts on the radio and I believe the Swiftees. John Kerry has had to change his version too many times. Kerry needs to label his references to Viet Nam as: John Kerry in Viet Nam version 1.0, version 2.0, version 3.0, etc.
I have only started listening to talk radio recently and I'm glad I have. Otherwise I may not have known about Unfit for Command.

I was a kid in the 60's and 70's and until recently, I'm ashamed to say that I haven't tried to learn about that war. Most of my info on the war is from the media - movies, so-called documentaries, Magnum P.I. and the A-Team. I am determined to learn more about this period in American history, thanks to the Swiftees.

For all of you who served, I want you to know that not all of America was against you at that time. My family and many of the people I grew up with in Indiana supported our military during Viet Nam. The press of that era mostly seemed to cover events in CA and NY and skipped over the heartland. Even today, when I see news shows that look back on those times, they focus on the hippy scene of San Fran and not the everyday life we led in Indiana.

Again, thanks to the great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: