SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foot soldiers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Foot soldiers Reply with quote

ACT, Moveon, and other 527s are well funded, and well organized. I hope others in this forum are pounding some pavement like these orgs are. Donations to this group are great, but let's knock on some doors also.

Example: I guess since I am registered as an independant, the other evening I heard a knock on my door and answered to find a clean-cut, polite (and rather attractive) coed standing on my stoop. She said she was with an organization called ACT, and wanted to ask me some questions about the election. Well, as soon as I heard "ACT", the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, but I replied "Sure, fire away."

She asked about my voting preferences, and I said "Although I am independant, I am voting almost straight Democrat this year, including Eric Fingerhut (a candidate in Ohio) for Senate."
I saw the smile starting to form on her face, and she asked me "What about the presidential race?"
"Definitely Bush" was my reply
"Any reasons you're not voting for Kerry?" she asked

And BAM, the floodgates opened. I haven't served sixteen years in the Navy just to vote for a man who would betray his country and his shipmates just to advance his personal ambitions, would endanger the lives of POWs during the war, and turn his back on them after the war, would degrade the honor of his countries symbols by throughing his medals away, medals he didn't even earn from the evidence.
She tried to cut me off with "Those Swiftboat guys are all liars", but I wasn't having any of that. I told her about the truth of No Man Left Behind, the boston whaler incident, his meeting with the enemy in Paris, how Kerry claims he never wrote the Bronze Star AAR, but NavyChief's after Action Report analysis proves otherwise, Christmas in Cambodia, and all the other stuff that I myself was so shocked to discover was true. It was in fact painful to find out what type of man Kerry was, and to realize he was so close to becoming my CINC.

She walked away with a troubled look on her face, knowing my mind was set, and I walked into the house with a smile on my face, knowing the pained look on her face was the same pain I had felt months ago when I discovered the truth about Kerry.

This morning I went door to door myself, hanging the last of the 500 SBVT fliers that forgivenJOJO put together and I had printed, on all the screen doors in my neighborhood. I am lucky I have a few days more of leave before I transfer to Japan and the Kitty Hawk, but my meager efforts are not nearly enough to neutralize the diliegence of all the gullible youngsters Moveon and ACT has canvassing the streets.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going, SteamSnipe - on all counts!

And fair winds and following seas, shipmate! Enjoy your tour and stay safe!
no_1_momlandj
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteamSnipe,

Good job!

Thank you for your service. It is brave men and women like you who keep me and my family safe and allow me to sleep at night. You all make me so proud.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know when you get here... if I have some spare time, I might can show you around a litltle Surprised
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: