SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Completely Burned Out
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DUNBAR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Completely Burned Out Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has felt this as I have......but I am totally exhausted with the whole political thing right now.....and even though I am still glued to H&C, O'Reilly Factor....listen to Rush and Sean on the radio...I had to pull away from my other activities.

Those were participating in Yahoo and MSN Political Chats. I never went to the PRO-BUSH chats,,,,those were no fun. I always went to the ones bashing bush......

AND UNLEASHING HOLY HELL ON THE LEFT. Very Happy

Taking excerpts from numerous blog sites........latest Drudge links, polls from MSNBC, CNN, ABC......and to hell with CBS.

I could be extremely brutal........short of being banned on a regular basis......but one thing I did not do........and that was distort the facts.

I can honestly state that swift boat vets tore huge holes in John F'in Kerry's credibility......and every statement I made stung with intensity since the facts were clear to see.

Well, I had to walk away from the chats because my blood pressure was gettin out of hand..........and its hell on a short drive to the store. Make me like a madman.

I look forward to the debates; from what I can tell, this will be a breeze for BUSH.....and I think Kerry is emerging as someone who will never lead anything but his wife to another spry moment where she loses her tongue.

But, I wanted to apologize to those who have the fury to carry on.........I have lost some steam in this battle but my wishes are as clear as fresh snow.

If it is possible though..........I will carry on, I just need to regroup and get the momentum going again.

My one wish after BUSH wins the election is to personally thank John O'Neill and all those who actively spoke up from the silent voices of Vietnam.

Maybe consider a numbered chat room with room limits with those who proudly produced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?

That would make for a "live" type of activity that would allow all of us who participated for this good cause to express our opinions in a realistic manner,,,,,,,,knowing are thoughts were conveyed.

Any comments would be appreciated on this one.

But the efforts to hold him accountable, are notorious and will be a page in History.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything ive gotten even more hyped up about this election. i even have my mom wanting to vote for Bush. She thinks Kerry is too ugly to watch on tv, the last time she voted was for JF Kennedy.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice?

Don't try to spread yourself so thin. You can NOT change everyone's minds all at once.

Come back here once in a while. Take a deep breath, and RELAX among friends.

Once you have decompressed, then FOCUS.

Choose your targets WISELY. Go for the logistics and not the point men. Simply put, you need to cut the supply lines, that isolates the combatants.

Do NOT try to beard the lion in his den. Work the flanks. A full enfilade is much more effective than a frontal assault. Attacking from the rear is great, if you can take the shot. But, that's a dream scenario. Be satisfied with nipping at the sides.

Read a little Sun Tzu for hints. The Art of War is all you ever needed to know without having to go to war. He did the hard part, all you need to do is absorb ONE concept (it doesn't really matter which one), and then apply it.

Do NOT waste your time trying to convert the convinced. It they've been assimilated, they are a lost cause.

Go for the undecided, the uncertain, the ones who are holding the Kool-Aid, but haven't sipped it yet.

Did I mention coming back here to get ammo and replenishment?

We've got 36 days. That's not a lot of time, however, if you can get *3* people to change their votes, you've done good.

Now, go back out there and win one for the Gipper!
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like cipher's approach.
I got in your situation where burnout or flame out was emminent. So, i went back to an older scenario that i know works well. I learned it from conducting group counseling, not that they teach it. Smile

It may not be the person you are talking to that will understand otr have some sort of giant leap in understanding, but another person watching the conversation may soak it all in.

Try to rememeber any debate/conversation you are having is not one on one, but is being weighed on the pro and con merits by others. So, you may never get a capitulation from your adversary, but it's not necessary. The adversary is merely a foil, who when addressed properly is your platform to deliver your platform in a solidly factual manner.

I have now advanced my stance in a few boards, where i no longer have to debate. Now, i only drop off info about coming events on kerry. I think it's called being a "Firestarter". Mr. Green
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunbar, no wonder you're feeling drained. You've been taking on the self-destructive life-hating numbskulls like a tiger. Good for you. There are many different styles, and yours is effective in its own way. Sometimes a fearless in-your-face statement of raw truth is all a bystander needs in the way of a reality check, even though your immediate target may seem unfazed. But, your approach is a high-energy, high emotional investment one. So go ahead and take a break. Don't commit to going back at it unless and until you feel like it. And if you find yourself in those hostile chatrooms again, try lurking a while. Study. Practice detatchment. Recognize that what you are dealing with are the hate-crazed irrational outbursts of children who are having tantrums because they aren't getting their way. It will help you to be able to step back and think,and maybe even laugh, the next time you are engaged in a frontal assault. Your blood pressure will be better for it.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEDIC!

...got a case of battle fatigue over here, but he has good vitals. Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy, sounds like how I was feeling befoe I found this site! I was out here ...all alone.... screaming at the tv! scaring my dog half to death!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Dunbar and all of us that are feeling the burn: Read Brian's offering at Don't Try This At Home Sept 20. It is HYSTERICAL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So thake a break and LAUGH OUT LOUD Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Brian send more!! Thanks CTW

Never Ever Kerry
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burn out ?????????????

think of the burn out that our fellow soldiers have

just think of our fellow soldiers that we are fighting for

now just think of kerry as their commander in cheif

i hope that got rid of your false burn out Wink
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Completely Burned Out Reply with quote

DUNBAR wrote:
and all those who actively spoke up from the silent voices of Vietnam.

Nice.....I like that.

Thanks, Dunbar

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deacon at Powerlineblog.com had a blog the other day about the detrimental effects of the MSM on his blood pressure. We had a little private email back and forth and I mentioned that I have learned to use the mute button effectively. You gotta think how you feel when you hear John Kerry speak (Grrrrrrrrrr). He cannot have anything to say that you want to hear MUTE Alan Colmes is a blithering idiot MUTE Bob Beckel is a moron MUTE John Edwards is a puppet MUTE Bill O'Reilly is undecided??? at this point in time??? MUTE Naomi Wolf is a freak of nature MUTE.

YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SHUT THEM OFF

Here's the deal: 95% of likely voters have their minds made up. You cannot change their minds. They cannot change yours. Where in the heck are the undecideds at this point? The simply are not going to pay any attention and probably won't. They listen to music on the radios. They are watching sitcoms. They are too busy with their social scenes to care. They are the "I COULDN'T CARE LESS" of society and probably will not vote anyway.
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling. I found that I was spreading myself too thin, as was mentioned by a previous poster. Now I force myself to focus my wrath on just one site. Feels much better now, and I have all of the fools from that site running scared. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting the same way, but now i just make sure that at least a couple of times a week I spend time doing something other than thinking about john kerry and/or politics.

Most of the time I play games with my kids, no radio and no TV, the next morning i'm good to go. Wink
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thank God for the MUTE button. I do not listen to anything the opposition has to say--I went to college and I heard it and heard it and heard it from my leftists profs. It's all the same recycled garbage anyway:

We hate the rich, even though we are rich, we claim to support minorities but we systematically enact programs which serve to keep them under our thumb instead of empowered and trully free, we hate conservatives, they are intolerant and if you don't agree you are a fascist (and we might smash your skull) we hate war and if you don't hate war too you are a fascist (and we might smash your skull) we love security without sacrifice, freedom as long as it only applies to our side; we are, in short, the most illogical, disrespectful, ill-equipped to lead, adolescent group of dim wits to gather in one place since Woodstock.

Oh yes, and I almost forget their all important mantra: Whatever It Is, It Is America's Fault.
You can not argue facts with these people, and the more aware among them know that; it is why they play on emotions and fear of the uninformed and marginalized. Look at the reign of terror groups like moveon.org have perpetrated on the young--BUSH IS GOING TO BEGIN A DRAFT--is typical of the false information they are responsible for spreading.

It is no wonder you feel burned out--it is like beating your head on a brick wall. Just take a break, and know that it is not in vain, although it feels like it at times--but the truth is that if it weren't for people like you who are willing to go toe to toe with these folks they would gain ground, and we can not afford to give them any. Take a break as needed, mute them as needed, but hang in there!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know about Dunbar but I feel a lot better.
Kimmymac got me chuckling pretty good with her rant on the college crowd.

Thanks folks. Good advice all over this thread.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: