SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help on the Vote Suppression issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Need Help on the Vote Suppression issue Reply with quote

Want everybody's feedback on the African-American vote suposedly being supressed in the last election. I'm trying to convince an A-A coworker of mine not to vote for Kerry, but he says he's voting this year to punish Bush for the A-A vote being supressed in 2000. I tried to tell him about the Gore trying to supress the Military vote, but I need more ammo for my argument.

I appreciate all your feedback.

Thanks

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Its simple enough in Flordia all accounts were proved wrong Reply with quote

The varying claims were investigated by a civil rights commission

but here's a good link to help explain it.
Election year 2000: A million black voters disenfranchised?
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39936
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: recommended reading Reply with quote

Latest: Democrats plan to steal election, strategist warns you have to sign up for the FREE newsletter but sounds like someone put the cheating all-together. So you could find good arguing points there.
http://www.newsmax.com/

and this http://joatmoaf.typepad.com/i_love_jet_noise/2004/08/2000_election_p.html

Florida voting by Carter' standards wrong Another lie is shot down
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash7.htm
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind your coworker that in 2000 the Dems tried to have the Absentee Military vote thrown out in Florida. Evil or Very Mad

Being military and being from Florida, this pi**ed me off to the highest state of pi**tivity

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no suppression of votes based on race. All that happened was the FELONS were banned from the voting as is Florida law. The DEMOCRATS have linked FELONS with BLACKS (I would be so insulted if I was) and hence, suppression of black votes. There was a recent LA Times article (Monday maybe?) that makes this subtle and very insulting insinuation. NO ONE WAS DENIED THE RIGHT TO VOTE BASED ON THEIR SKIN COLOR. That is just ridiculous, and not a single person has been named as someone who was denied their right to vote because they were black.

As for military votes being thrown out, I don't know how good of an argument that will be. Its like admitting repubs tried to do it to blacks but dems tried to do it to military so it cancels out and bad behavior doesn't excuse other bad behavior. Just go with what he cares about, and expose the liberal's lies and let him see the truth.
John Gault
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I need more ammo

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005682

The Florida Myth
Spinning tales about 2000 to boost black turnout.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:01 a.m. EDT

Lock and Load
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. _ Ayn Rand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: