SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zell Miller's Speech from Ronald Reagan Awards Gala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Zell Miller's Speech from Ronald Reagan Awards Gala Reply with quote

If you haven't read this, it is a Don't Miss. This is a link on Boortz's webpage to Zell Miller's speech last week when he accepted the Ronald Regan Award. I sure hope that God didn't throw away the mold when he made Zell. He has taught me a lesson. For years my husband would vote for him and I wouldn't because he was a democrat. He has really taught me to look at the person, their record, what they say and not the label they wear.

http://boortz.com/more/092304_zell.html
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. If the Democrats didn't already spend so much on the kamikaze campaign, they should replace Kerry with Zell. He not only sees what Bush sees, he can communicate it better.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what Zell Miller's economic stands are, but when it comes to security and the war on terror this Georgia Democrat is right on target.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This country needs MORE politicians on both sides willing to band together for the common good...

Sadly, the Zell Millers of this country are a dying breed, and the sobering thought is, we may never see the likes of them again..

Crying or Very sad

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell said: "I don't know what Zell Miller's economic stands are, but when it comes to security and the war on terror this Georgia Democrat is right on target"

His economic and social stands are pretty much in line with the Republicans. He's a southern democrat. 20 years ago, there wasn't much difference between the southern Democrat and the Republicans. Most of them have changed parties by now, but he's trying to hold on to his party with hopes of changing it. He's definitely an American gem!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved that speech. Don't know who writes his speeches but they get a hats off from me.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf said: "I loved that speech. Don't know who writes his speeches but they get a hats off from me."

He says he writes them himself. After listening to him for years, I believe it. When he was appointed by a VERY Democratic Governor to take Senator Coverdell's place after Coverdell suddenly died, many Republicans were mad that the Democrats were replacing a Republican with a Democrat. It didn't take long for the Democrats to be the angry ones and the Republicans rejoicing that they were being represented. He has paid honor to Paul Coverdell's memory by voting the way Paul Coverdell would have. Zell was reelected to the position with a mandate and the rest is history.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: